Notices

Where to Stay in Havasu?

Old 02-14-2011, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hotels: best western, london bridge resort, island Inn, holiday inn,, etc....

ALso, Islander RV resort,, Beachcomer RV resort

im sure theres others,, but u can google these...

Good luck!
Old 02-14-2011, 09:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by todd969
What do you know about Havasu? You're hardly there anymore,LOLOLOL
I'm probably there more than he is! That's funny...
Old 02-14-2011, 09:39 PM

Default Havasu

As far as the boat parking overnight in the Channel. had some friends stay at the Heat, left their boat in the water and got a ticket. Not sure if they are going to be that strict on this weekend but during the summer most people pull their boats.

Eddie Young when you going up? We will be there Wed. We have a house, but I also own one of the condos, (rooms) at the nauti. We are going to grab that to hang out in. Hope to see you there.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ElimiNordic
We are going to Havasu in a couple of weeks and need some recommendations on where to stay. We have never been there before. Any ideas?

I think the way to go is to rent a vacation home. Cost starts about $125 a night. However, this means you can have your whole family and some friends at this cost. Just google Havasu vacation homes. I prefer the private partys, not property management firms. Look for good references on the website too.

Rick
Old 02-14-2011, 11:36 PM
Registered

If you need beaching or dock, the Nautical or London Bridge Resort.

If you plan on launching daily try the Heat Hotel or Kingsview Condo's

FYI: The Nautical is currently undergoing a big construction project, so you may consider the LBR.

Todd
CAN'T YOU BEACH OVERNIGHT AT THE KINGSVEIW??
Old 02-14-2011, 11:43 PM

Default over night in the chanel

Originally Posted by Wet-N-Wild
CAN'T YOU BEACH OVERNIGHT AT THE KINGSVEIW??
On regular weekends and weekdays, no. The popo gives tickets, friends stay there and pull their boat out every night!
Old 02-14-2011, 11:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatcrzy
On regular weekends and weekdays, no. The popo gives tickets, friends stay there and pull their boat out every night!
FOR ALL THE MAJOR HOLIDAYS I THOUGHT I HAVE SEEN PEOPLE PARKING THEIR BOATS OVER NIGHT. WELL THAT SUCKS BECAUSE I JUST RENTED A CONDO THERE FOR DS THINKING I COULD JUST PARK THE BOAT THERE AT NIGHT I GUESS I'LL JUST HAVE TO FIGHT TO GET A SPOT IN THE MARINA WHEN I GET THERE
Old 02-15-2011, 05:30 AM
Banned

Thanks everyone for all the good information. I like the idea of a house if I can find one close to the water. I am a little worried about the water on my new Herrings. What is all that about? Heavy minerals? Does it affect any of the anodizing on tunnel tabs, brackets, drives etc. How about the gel. After all this boat is brand new and I am sure I will be freaky about it until the first scratch.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wet-N-Wild
FOR ALL THE MAJOR HOLIDAYS I THOUGHT I HAVE SEEN PEOPLE PARKING THEIR BOATS OVER NIGHT. WELL THAT SUCKS BECAUSE I JUST RENTED A CONDO THERE FOR DS THINKING I COULD JUST PARK THE BOAT THERE AT NIGHT I GUESS I'LL JUST HAVE TO FIGHT TO GET A SPOT IN THE MARINA WHEN I GET THERE
To clarify this, Yes many people park overnight there, however you risk a no overnight mooring ticket. When it comes to Desert Storm I belive you'll be fine. PM 26 Redline , he stays there during that event and hasn't had any problems I know of.

The city over the last couple years has really tried to be more accommodating to boaters during Desert Storm.

Last edited by todd969; 02-15-2011 at 09:02 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 3,219 Likes on 1,044 Posts

To clarify this, Yes many people park overnight there, however you risk a no overnight mooring ticket. When it comes to Desert Storm I belive you'll be fine. PM 26 Redline , he stays there during that event and hasn't had any problems I know of.

The city over the last couple years has really tried to be more accommodating to boaters during Desert Storm.

Jim Nichols (organizer of DS) works on making it very accomodating for boaters and he has worked out with local LE to have length limits in the channel and no overnight mooring in the channel lifted for the weekend of DS. I'll fond out what the plan is for this year but 9 times out of ten you're fine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.