Best Single Engine Cat Design >

Best Single Engine Cat Design

Notices

Best Single Engine Cat Design

Old 02-22-2011, 01:14 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PokerRun388
Eliminator 25/26/27 Daytonas are great looking, and are good choices.....DCB F-M26...etc.... Im sure there are others,, but these are great looking/handling Cats...

Good luck with your search...!!!
This is getting out of hand. I have never once expressed a strong opinion on this forum but i cant take it anymore. The only reason I have something to say concerning PokerRun388 is the fact that I too have been a kid on this forum. PokerRun388, check my infomation. I joined in 2007 when I was 17 years old (although i lingered around reading threads long before that knowning I was too young at 15 to be a member of a forum). As a result I grow tired of members letting you off the hook simply because you are a kid. I open you PokerRun388 to read all of my posts and see how many times I have given faulty information or advise that I am not qualified to give. Also notice my number of posts compared to yours, this should tell you something as I check this site just as often as you do. All my info is below if you have any questions and also so everything is out in the open. I understand it would be cool for your advice to be respected by most the guys on here despite being considerably younger but in reality that is very seldom true. imo mastercraft240 is exactly right, it is dangerous for you to be giving advise on any matter on here. Youve done it multiple times from what i've seen and it is unacceptable. It should end now. I will say some of your threads where you ask for pictures or ask questions are occasionally appreciated. But take it from someone who has been here as a kid, read threads and learn. It is not our place to contribute information until we have experienced it FIRST-HAND.

GoingForBroke,
I appologize for the hi-jack just needed to get that out. I have no experience to add to this thread, just trying to learn a thing or two.

Thanks,
Nate McKeever
college student
404-375-8251
Old 02-22-2011, 07:23 AM
Registered

I like the design of the RPM 26' Redline. Single engine, fast on mild power, like 100mph with a 525efi, has a cabin, and all custom build. It also has a pretty deep center pod.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:29 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pound for pound and dollar for dollar, the RPM 26 is a very sweet single engine cat. If I were in the market to replace my 25 Eliminator Daytona, I would definately be looking at one of those. From what I have seen ( still want to drive one someday ) the build quality for the dollar is spot on.

That said, I love the ride and handling of my 25 Daytona. Very predictable 80 plus mph boat on a stock 500efi / bravo when I bought it.
It runs very well in 2 to 3 foot sloppy water, appears to be well constructed with good attention to detail and rigging.
They hold pretty good resale value as well.

Currently, its powered by a 900 with an SCX / SC combo and runs real well at speed. Very stable and predictable once you have some seat time and get to know what the hull is "telling" you.

One design benefit of the Daytona series is that at speed, it runs like a true cat, on the sponsons. The center pod is much shorter than the sponsons and once hauling, the center pod runs clear of the water surface unlike many center pod designs where the pod is the running surface and the sponsons are more like training wheels.

The Talon, Howard,HTM, Ultra and others of the deeper center pod design are usually a little faster with the same power due to that reason but the trade off is in ride comfort and rough water capability.
The daytona packs more air because the tunnel is that much bigger which softens the ride in choppy water.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TopSpin80
why not the talon 25 which everyone copied? or the AO 26 (one of the copies)
Not "everyone" copied the Talon bottom. The Daytonas are very different below the rub rail and the DCB's are a copy of the Daytonas.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PokerRun388
.. Im sure there are others,, but these are great looking/handling Cats...
Your expeirence driving these tells you that?

Geesh kid, learn when to keep your eyes and ears open and your mouth shut.

In the grand scheme of things performance boat related, you KNOW nothing. Stop trying to impart your "knowledge" onto others.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nate
This is getting out of hand. I have never once expressed a strong opinion on this forum but i cant take it anymore. The only reason I have something to say concerning PokerRun388 is the fact that I too have been a kid on this forum. PokerRun388, check my infomation. I joined in 2007 when I was 17 years old (although i lingered around reading threads long before that knowning I was too young at 15 to be a member of a forum). As a result I grow tired of members letting you off the hook simply because you are a kid. I open you PokerRun388 to read all of my posts and see how many times I have given faulty information or advise that I am not qualified to give. Also notice my number of posts compared to yours, this should tell you something as I check this site just as often as you do. All my info is below if you have any questions and also so everything is out in the open. I understand it would be cool for your advice to be respected by most the guys on here despite being considerably younger but in reality that is very seldom true. imo mastercraft240 is exactly right, it is dangerous for you to be giving advise on any matter on here. Youve done it multiple times from what i've seen and it is unacceptable. It should end now. I will say some of your threads where you ask for pictures or ask questions are occasionally appreciated. But take it from someone who has been here as a kid, read threads and learn. It is not our place to contribute information until we have experienced it FIRST-HAND.

GoingForBroke,
I appologize for the hi-jack just needed to get that out. I have no experience to add to this thread, just trying to learn a thing or two.

Thanks,
Nate McKeever
college student
404-375-8251
You should drink less coffee or RedBull. How is his comment dangerous and inaccurate? Looks is personal preference and handling comments are subjective. LOL
Old 02-22-2011, 09:13 AM
Chris
Gold Member

Another vote for RPM...

I went out testing cat hulls a few years back and went out of my way (traveled) in order to test quite a few single engined cats.

In a 2 month period of time I drove:

27 Nordic Thor
26 Eliminator
27 Eliminator
28 Eliminator (twin motors)
28 Magic Scepter
26 Cobra
Howard Sport Deck
27 Ultra

and a 26 RPM Redline.

The RPM cat was by far my favorite!

In addition...Steve...the owner...is one of the nicest and most helpful guys you will meet in the boat industry.

My somewhat educated opinion,

Chris
Old 02-22-2011, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

We've got a nice 28 Daytona in the classifieds. http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o37614-en.html

This boat handles great, planes nicely and will run 100.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:53 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,117 Likes on 301 Posts

25 Talon, the 257 Carreras were nice riding boats, and if you can find a good one, a 28 Profile is a great handling boat
Old 02-22-2011, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know it's crazy that the MODERATORS wont do something about Pecker Run388 making statements about serious things he know nothing about. It could mean alot of money or a safety factor to anyone who unknowingly listens to him... With that said.. If you are in ILL and boat in rough conditions, wou really want something with a true tunnel, not a pod boat..They do not handle rough water well and will get you in trouble fast.. The problem is there aren't many single engine true cats...Cobra made 1. A copy of a shadow with limited success.. i believe Express does a single 28 also.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.