Notices

hydrohoist

Old 03-04-2011, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hydrohoist

I found a hydrohoist that looks older and the guy is asking 800 for it. I couldnt find a model #, yr, or weight capacity on it so I measured the steel toons 16' x 2'. Does anyone know capacity of this size? Im trying to lift 24 Pantera about 4k pounds. Jaime
Old 03-04-2011, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 622 Likes on 183 Posts

just call them
http://boatlift.com/product.aspx?ID=3&PT=1
Old 03-04-2011, 01:29 PM
Registered

thanks for the #, its a 4000 lift wont work. I'll keep an eye out for another one. JAIME
Old 03-04-2011, 02:25 PM
Registered

800 is pretty cheap. for that price you could probably buy it and add/fabricate 2 helper tubes (55 gallon drums) on the insides of the original tubes. add them towards the rear where most of the weight will be.

hydrohoist does this to make thier 12k lift a 15k lift.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:42 PM
Registered

If they are steel tubes it is most likely not a "Hydrohoist" brand because I think they only make lifts with tubes made from fiberglass or plastic. Based on the tube size, I agree that is most likely only a 4000 or 4500 pound lift.

If it is in good shape, you might be able to add a third tube and that would make a good lift for you. If all the tubes are the same size, the inflation and deflation of the tubes will be more consistant unless you have valves to control each tube. On the smaller lifts, they usually only have one valve.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:31 PM
Registered
VIP Member

If they are steel toons I'd stay away from it anyway if it were me. They tend to rust out. Probably the reason their selling it. Unless you don't mind someone elses prolblem.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:22 AM
Registered

Default Boat Lift

Are they in fact steel pontoons?

If so, it's a Galva Lift. As long as you aren't moving it via trailer and the tanks are not currently leaking you should be ok. They do develop holes over time, but they will be at the bottom part of the tank. As long as you're not max capacity it's ok to have a little water in the tanks.

If the tanks are fiberglass, then it is likely a HH. You can add a 3rd tank, I have them available in my used inventory. You don't need a valve for each tank, tee'ing them together with equal length hose will work just fine.

The tank diameter is the only missing info I need to determine this or any lifts' capacity. If you have a photo you can post or email I can likely tell from that.