Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Sbi Factory 2 Fast Or Fiction? >

Sbi Factory 2 Fast Or Fiction?

Notices

Sbi Factory 2 Fast Or Fiction?

Old 05-23-2002, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If Steve David was really concerned about making it known that he is running legal, and if he was really concerned about the integrity of the sport, he wouldn't worry about $25Gs...I can't afford it and I don't race anymore (not to say I won't be back), but I'm sure that other F2 guys can...regardless, if he were really interested in peoples concerns why wouldn't he have had the motors torn down just to say "I told you."

Boat Girl you want to pick up the mantra for SBI and thats great, someone needs to. But come up with something on your own instead of rining on others coat-tails.

If you want a suggestion on how I would try to run a Factory program, here goes...

#1...Get the dyno working and have it measure at the crank instead of the prop shaft
#2...Seal the engine hatches pre-race
#3...impound the top five boats immediately after the race ends
#4...the three top finishing boats should be checked for seal integrity then dynoed and torn down. They need to look for any type of mechanics or electronics that should not be there, specifically, rev-limiter switches or solenoids
#5...check the gearing of the drives
#6...if one of the boats fails, they are DQ'd and the fourth place boat must be teched out.
#7...if a boat gets caught with illegal performance altering mechanics, they are ineligible from the next "x" amount of races.
Old 05-23-2002, 10:12 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
Lightbulb

Rico & Speeddeamon if you guys are so worried about this than just go race APBA. This is the reason alot of people race SBI is it is more laid back. Rico did you guys ever fix you F2 boat , when are you going to race it again. Speed 400.000 grand sound like alot for an F2 boat. You can almost by a supercat for that.
Old 05-23-2002, 10:15 AM
Registered

the motors are stagered so he's stuck in sbi...unless it has a lit on it then svlt.
Old 05-23-2002, 10:25 AM
Registered

BG nobody's doing it in boat racing--i would think a factory class would have somthing factory about it (staggard motors,shorter drives,canopies)--at least try to keep the motors close to the same--as far as the 25k challenge--forget the teardown-put it on the pump (with all the plug wires on)
Old 05-23-2002, 10:25 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Ryan Beckley
.... Rico did you guys ever fix you F2 boat , when are you going to race it again...
Yes it is fixed !!

But now it is pleasure only. We cut the race hatch down to just cover the engine bay, uncovering the rear seats. We also removed the center console between the two front seats and put the throttles to the right of the helm where they normally would be, removed all the gauges from the passenger side, etc... Still no cabin though. She looks beautiful and can run 90s .

I've had a couple of offers to run stick on a couple of F1s (in APBA before you ask, lol!!). We'll see what happens.

Glad to see you're well Ryan, I look forward to catching up with you!

Todd
Old 05-23-2002, 11:49 AM
Registered

Default A Winner?

ISMA has had a claim rule for their engines for years, maybe somebody ought to look into it...I THINK anybody who FINISHES a race in the top 10 can claim anybody who finishes ahead of him.

they HAD a problem with guys wanting to go racing, building a POS motor, and claiming their way to top 10 finishes...
Old 05-23-2002, 12:49 PM
Boat Girl

See guys, I knew we could turn this into a postitive conversation, thanks...Hey yeah a claiming race similar to horses...I like it...

Old 05-23-2002, 01:35 PM
Registered

at 25k or so to claim a motor---claiming your way to the top would be expen$$$$$$$$ive--but the idea is food for thought--that would keep racers from pumping money/horsepower into their motors
Old 05-23-2002, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey speed,

what boat did you pay 400k for. can't be an f2 there only 180,000.00 and a super vlite is only 250,000.. was it made of gold or what . just curious

Treadewell
Old 05-23-2002, 02:54 PM
Registered

Damn that salesman was GOOD!!

Just kidding 'Speed! I can't wait to see it. It has got to be completely outrageous.

Quick Reply: Sbi Factory 2 Fast Or Fiction?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.