New CC build. What are the Must Have Toys

Notices

New CC build. What are the Must Have Toys

Old 04-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bill63
Don't forget a cool paint job, 300 verados with the new heavy duty cases. When will it be done ?
Paint will be a new thread but I can assure you it won't resemble any of the current CC's that are out there now.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

What are the heavy duty lowers?
Old 04-06-2011, 08:00 PM
Airking
VIP Member

New lower thats Merc has now to replace the standard lowers that are breaking on heavier cc. Standard lowers were designed for 250 Verado's and the counter rotating ones seemed to be breaking on the 300's Did you see my post on checking out the www.veradoclub.com all info is on that site. Do a search. My first counter rotater lasted only 110 hrs.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:13 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck
Do you think a mister would get used in upstate NY. I am going to do the underwater lights.
Prob not, but it would be great for resale
Old 04-06-2011, 09:04 PM
Registered

Another thing that will help resale, is a bow thruster, I did not see one listed, but if its something you can add I would. Too many other CC's have them now. You can add the stainless push button plug in points for your fenders as well. Anything custom you can add that the other boats dont have is a key in resale value.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:40 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Transom shower, remote stereo switch at the stern, fender holders underneath the floor, tilt helm.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:34 AM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hep, Bow thruster Nor-Tech putting one in my new CC. Also Livorsi Controls forget the Merc shadow controls.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by DollaBill
transom lights (under water) and a mist system.
+1
Old 04-07-2011, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Misters- water and walking surfaces can get messy but kind of cool none the less. Go with the fresh water, I'm not a fan of pushing raw water through them.

Transom fresh water shower- good for squirting off, cleaning sand off feet, etc. I have fresh at my console and raw at my transom, which they were both fresh or the transom was switchable supply.

Transom stereo remote- get it!

Bilge pump mounting- anchor on a certain side more often than another? Load on trailer or dock on a certain side? I have my boat on an elevator lift and had my port bilge pump mounted a little higher so it will pump out on the water side vs the dock side. CC's can collect more water than closed deck boats so may be some thing to consider

Remote control spot lights- I don't boat at night much but nice to have none the less.

Walk thru transom- give up some seating but it is nice for novice passengers to keep them from climbing on the upholstery while offering a little more safety in boarding.

Windshield- make sure your sight line is not where the top of the windshield is. I like standing when I drive so had my windshield made a little shorter than me; I want wind I stand all the way up, I don't want wind I slouch down a little.

Rod holders- I have 1 on the outside of each side of the bimini and 2 on each side of the gunnels. Felt like it was a good compromise between not having any and a big bar full of them.

Handles- get a lot of them. Lot more wind on CC's and people feel safer holding on to some thing. People like to hang out at the console when running, handles all over help.

Sidebar: http://www.sidebarbeverage.com/
Old 04-07-2011, 07:03 PM
Registered

Push pin cleats.......That's a must. It'll save you 5 mins every time you dock (aprox 2.5 minutes setting up and 2.5 minutes taking ropes/fenders off)
http://www.rexmar.com/page32.html