Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT Interesting reading regarding Terrorism ,,  9 / 11,,  and the Democrats >

OT Interesting reading regarding Terrorism ,, 9 / 11,, and the Democrats

Notices

OT Interesting reading regarding Terrorism ,, 9 / 11,, and the Democrats

Old 05-29-2002, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kaama,, your preaching to the choir sort of speak...

You are entitled to believe whatever you want, and until that right is taken away from you, we really won't agree on much....

I believe in brotherhood and companionship, and I choose to live my life by my rules, not some set of rules set forth by one of the largest hypocritical groups known to this planet... Their idea of spirituality starts with the all mighty doller and ends with them commiting " sins " in dark places with little boys.

Practice what you preach does not seem to apply to them ???
Old 05-29-2002, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Chris232-----again, I understand what you're saying but just because a certain person or a certain religion who leads us towards God and then commits a terrible act doesn't mean that God is a bad God. Don't let someone else's or certain organization's downfall stop you from reaching out towards God. Too many times people will put their trust in a certain per or organization and if it wavers it crushes the people to the point where they don't follow God any longer---well, the question is: what was it that they were putting their faith into in the first place----a person?---an organization?---- a church?--- a religion? or God Almighty?

Look you guys; we both know we can go round and round on these things and I have to admit I always get sucked into it---I can't help it. I'm sure I will again at another time as well.

In a nutshell---There is a battle going on right now for the souls of men who're are still alive---YOUR soul!!! God's plan is that you become saved and have eternal life. Satan has a plan for your life too! A plan that stretches for as long as you are alive.....and he comes with many faces, and says there are many roads to heaven, but he's a liar and master of deception...He's already doomed to hell and wants to take as many as of us as he can with him and he will do anything he can to keep us from God and being saved. He's the bad boy and you can rock with him if you want and MOST don't even realize it. Probably one of satan's greatest accomplishments is that people don't even believe that he exists! Another one is that as long as you are a good person you will go to heaven....those are lies from what Jesus called the "father of lies"...the devil. God want's you saved and to have a relationship with Him for eternity! Who could ever love you like that??? Only God Almighty and that's Who Jesus really is.
Old 05-29-2002, 02:16 PM
Registered

Default With that being said.....

Faith, spirituality, brotherhood and the rest of the adjetives begin in the HEART.

Doing the right thing starts with MORALS, self respect, descency and the rest of the adjetives.

whether you find this " spirituality " through your belief in God or through your " fellow man " thats your choice,,,, people need people, but the corrupt, money hungry, self righteous, hypocritical, church certainly is not going to lead the way for me !!!

Jee, I'm getting married, my g/f is catholic, I am not, IF I was catholic I could get married by a catholic priest, but since I am not,, a generous donation of 300 dollars will change their minds.. Yah right.... not in this life time...
Old 05-29-2002, 02:33 PM
supercrash

Chris...It all starts with Santa and the Easter Bunny...next thing ya know your waking up for the early mass every Sunday....HappY Festivius....

Old 05-29-2002, 02:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Old 05-29-2002, 02:59 PM
Registered

Location: I knew I shouldn't have made that left turn in Albuquerque...
Default Interesting read...

I fall in with the believers in this case. I believe in God, I just don't believe that everyone that say's they work for him, really do. I've had personal experiences that convinced me that "something" or "someone" is out there. But I don't force my opinions on others. Free will. Believe, or not. Kill, or not, Save lives, or not. My brother has a saying, that sums it up for me as well, "If I die believing in God, and am proven wrong, then I won't have anything to worry about. But if I die not believing , and am proven wrong... Eternity is an awful long time ..."

Peace to all.
Tom
Old 05-29-2002, 03:27 PM
Registered

The point of my post was that I was going to stay out of this...

I can deal with just about everyone OPINION on this board and put it aside when we meet in person.

Supercrash...athiest or not...for the completely assinine thing that you said about me supporting 9/11, you better PRAY that we don't meet. As a New Yorker born and raised, transplanted to Texas, I am honor bound to beat the living SH!T out of you should we EVER come face to face. For you to justify the crap that you are pushing by attacking what I think and associating it to condoning what happened last Fall. You are the absolute most ignorant, cowardly piece of crap I have ever seen. You obviously never leave your house, because if you did and you talked to people like this in real life, you would have been in a body bag long ago.

Cat believes what he believes...if he is right then no harm, no foul I lived my life believing in "God." So what? If I'm right, its all on him. Regardless, 99% of the time Cat and I get along fine both publicly on this board and via email or PM, by agreeing to dis-agree. The reason why a theist vs. an athiest arguement is pointless is because neither side BELIEVES in the basis for the others arguements. Each side would walk away thinking they had won...it is a pointless arguement that does nothing but pi$$ people off.

If our society here in the US is so abrasive to your character, from the horrible people that run it, to "In God We Trust" on our monetary units...get the F^%# out!

To everyone else that has to read my vent, I apologize and I hope that you can see why I'm so pi$$ed.
Old 05-29-2002, 04:25 PM
supercrash

Take it easy rico...Your god killed thousands of innocent people...men , women , children ...If you support god and the text of the bible then you support these killings...PERIOD....Don't get mad at me..You made the choice ...If you are a believer then I already know the laws that you are supposed to live by....sorry bud...take it up with your god..Thats all I want to say about this subject....for now..no need for threats Rico...I will go now..

Old 05-29-2002, 04:57 PM
Registered

Rico, I'm with ya bro..

SC, interesting how nobody on this thread is slamming atheist's but you are slamming Christians left and right.

Your God ordered the death of thousands of innocent women and children....if you support that then you support 9-11....
This is totally unacceptable. Basically you just said that all Christians are on the terrorists side.

You must be head of the glee club at the elementary school you attend.

I will never bad mouth or tell you how wrong you are for your beliefs. Why don't you try that for a change.
Old 05-29-2002, 05:08 PM
mlitefan

Seems the atheist of the board are working real hard to convince themselves...err...everyone else that they are correct...

Funny thing about this discussion...

One day, you atheist will have the opportunity to find out if your theory is correct. After all, it IS just a theory...no matter HOW condescending you are towards those that believe...it is still a theory.

Just as those who believe in GOD will find out if THEIR theory is correct...

The one word that just drives atheist crazy...faith...

I know which side I want to be on...

and for those that keep saying why does a god let children suffer at the hands of those that are supposed to be religious...Only he knows and as was mentioned earlier, one of the great things about GOD is he gave us free will. With that, comes responsibility and some abuse it, no doubt as witnessed with the Catholic Church...

BUT...that doesn't make all men of the cloth pedophiles or bad just as one bad policeman or two or two hundred doesn't make all policemen bad...one bad teacher or two...or two hundred doesn't make the whole profession bad...etc etc etc etc etc…

If there is to be good, there must also be evil and it is everywhere...I do not think either side can deny that either.

Like I said, try as you might, no one on either side of this argument can ever really PROVE they are right or wrong…like it or not, each stance goes on FAITH that they are correct…

End of story…

Quick Reply: OT Interesting reading regarding Terrorism ,, 9 / 11,, and the Democrats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.