First ride in a cat today !!!

Notices

First ride in a cat today !!!

Old 05-27-2002, 12:06 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Default First ride in a cat today !!!

Just wanted to say thanks to my friend Jimmy Watson (Thumper). He owns Watson Custom Marine here in Illinois. He is the dealer for Awesome Powerboats. I have never been in a cat before, and to break me in we went out in a 38 footer with 575EFI SC's today !!!! What a boat, there is nothing like cruising across Lake Michigan at 90+ MPH !!! I say cruising because it looked like he was at about 3/4 throttle !!!! What a feeling as he started to air it out. I kept waiting for the pounding I am used to after crossing a big wake but it never came !!! The boat was put together very nicely, huge cockpit, and the cabin was alot more then I expected,,, all my cat stereotypes have just been blown out of the water. The only downside to the day is when I had to climb back into my 272 Baja and Putt home at a measly 72 MPH.
The wife really liked the way it rode, anyone have $279K they can lend me !!!!???? OK,,, now I need to go try to chisel off the big **** eating grin I have had on my face ever since the ride !!!
Old 05-27-2002, 01:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

By the way Jim appeared to be a super guy himself. I called him one day after calling American Offshore twice about some parts for an older Chris Cat, since both were similar hulls, and A.O. never returned my calls. On the other hand Jim came to the phone personally. He was not able to help me, but spent a lot of time with me on the phone. It must have been a slow day for him but I admire and respect him for his time to answer my questions. After all customer service is how you get and keep customers, not just tring to put up a front to look good for others. If I am ever in the market for another cat, (other than a SKATER) I believe Jim would take care of me better.

Somthing to Ponder.
To reap the Harvest you must plant, water cultivate, water and nurture it, for it to grow and bear fruit!
Old 05-27-2002, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nice Kitty,Kitty

Glad to hear that you had a ride in a cat and that you enjoyed it. I love mine, even if it is a little shorter than the one you rode in but dont sell your Baja short. Cabin room is a little small and sometimes the real rough water will make you wish you were in a deep v or at home!! Sometimes I miss my TV and Blender, But I still love that need for speed, Glad to have friends with Cruisers!!

eliminator219
Old 05-27-2002, 07:56 AM

Default I know the feeling

We rode with our freind yesterday down to Lobster Shanty in his 36 Spectre cat two 670s we ran her up to 115. What a Ride! Then we come back to his house and my Wife goes for a ride on Jet Set! A turbined Skater that runs almost 200. There was a lot of boat traffic so he would only go up to 145 mph And now I have to get back in to my Donzi that does 66 mph.
Old 05-27-2002, 09:50 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Flashback,

Jimmy has never been anything but a great guy, I have known him for about 10 years and can't find a bad thing to say about him, and fortunatly for everyone else he has transfered those qualities into his buisness. Actually we were talking about that back at the dock just yesterday, about they way we have been treated in the past by salesmen, he said he valued every bad expierience ,,,,,, because now he knows how NOT to treat his customers !!!
Old 05-27-2002, 10:17 AM
Registered

I remember my first cat ride, one day I will own one, but for now I am enjoying my V bottom
Old 05-27-2002, 10:22 AM

Default Thanks Fred!

Skaterfest was awesome! Some of the prettiest cats on the East/Coast cant wait till next week to see what comes to Huddy park for The Atlantic City run, They also can be seen at Trumps Marina in AC.