Notices

47 fountain crash

Old 05-28-2002, 01:06 PM
Charter Member #737
Charter Member

Received 73 Likes on 41 Posts

By Joyce L. Miller

LAKE OF THE OZARKS - An Olathe, Kan. man was charged with drunk driving, leaving the scene of an accident and reckless driving after he was found limping through the woods on Horseshoe Bend.

According to the Missouri Water Patrol, Russell J. Rahm allegedly left the scene of an accident after he ran his 47-foot Fountain Cruiser into a dock at the 52-mile marker on the main channel early Sunday morning.

The cruiser apparently ran over a personal watercraft and crashed into a Sea Ray Daycruiser. The Sea Ray was destroyed. Damage to the PWC was listed at $500. The dock suffered extensive damage.

The Water Patrol said Rahm, who appeared to have been drinking, was allegedly traveling at a high rate of speed through a heavy bank of fog when the accident occurred.

Patrol reports indicated Rahm crashed into the dock, then took off on foot. He was found a short time later by security guards. The Water Patrol said Rahm suffered several cuts and bruises in the accident but refused treatment.

Three boaters including an 11-year-old child were taken to Lake Regional Health Systems with what is believed to be carbon monoxide poisoning Sunday evening.

From the Lake Sun Leader this morning.
Old 05-28-2002, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

On the Missouri State Water Patrol web site is says that the Daycruiser and the Fountain were both a total loss!!

I was in that Fog and it was BAD!! But I did make it home alright!! But then again I had not been drinking!

If it wasn't for my GPS I wouldn't have made it home!! I would have had to tie up to someone's dock until morning!
Old 05-28-2002, 01:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So to answer Charts question;
"how long to come to a stop?"
About the width of a Sea Ray Daycruiser.
Gary
Old 05-28-2002, 03:20 PM
ssherman

JBk was that water insane or what Sorry about the washdown,

but commander faller seen me move in for the kill he then tried to cut me off we were only going to hose him a little I felt i had the position I seen no danger so we took it............

Old 05-28-2002, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Gary
Old 05-28-2002, 10:08 PM
Registered

Imagine that, a boating accident with a high performance boat and alcohol was involved.

I bet this guy "knew his limit" and was in total control.

This, and some of the many other "stories" we've heard, is the reason we don't go boating on holiday weekends. Not that it dosen't happen any other time. It just seems worse on holidays.

FunHome, I bet your glad you didn't meet up with the guy with Fountain in the fog

Alcohol and horsepower don't mix. PERIOD!!!!!! All it takes is a little "liquid courage" and you are endagering other people.

I know I'm gonna get blasted for this, its just my $.02

By the way, I'm writing this while drinking a beer, I hope I don't crash my computer

Last edited by h2owarrior; 05-28-2002 at 10:11 PM.
Old 05-28-2002, 10:28 PM
BucketHead

H2O, I am with you 100%.

Last year I told my wife I would never be on the lake again on Memorial Day, and I was not this year.

We drove down to a local resturant on the lake for lunch Sunday and it was crazy. We saw two guys that were wasted in a 28 foot cruiser hit the dock, bounce off and hit two other boats. They did not even know they did it?

I find that everyone with any kind of boat at all feels that they have to be on the lake on Memorial Day. The boat population on our lake goes up over 20 times normal. They all get there ass kicked by conditions, get tickets and fines, if not worse and many never come back the rest of the year.

It is not worth it. If you value your boat and your life do something different with the family, it is a very bad holiday weekend to be out. Call me boring, but I have been there and done that and it is not worth it to me anymore.

Everyone stay safe and enjoy your summer.

Last edited by BucketHead; 05-28-2002 at 10:35 PM.

Old 05-29-2002, 09:58 AM
Gumbydammit

Talking CRAZY DRUNK WEEKENDS

I agree that the rectum factor goes way up on the holiday weekends.
Find a nice sandbar and hide behind it.
Let the kids play.
Drink yourself.....(the boat is tied...who cares?)

Old 05-29-2002, 10:02 AM
Registered

Best part is, we all get to pay for this moron's stupidity - wanna bet your "high performance boat" insurance goes up?
Old 05-29-2002, 10:03 AM
Gumbydammit

Default RECTUM FACTOR

Actually, one more thing.....
It is less than 10% of the people out there in a boat that cause trouble. 90% are cool, polite and respectful of the equipment.

Same thing they are talking about with insurance.....it is the few who ruin it for the many....sad.