Doc Jansen & Forehand cheating again >

Doc Jansen & Forehand cheating again

Notices

Doc Jansen & Forehand cheating again

Old 11-08-2013, 06:57 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ever see see a 38 Fountain with big steps go thru a corner at 95mph.

I say 95 because at 90 you hold on and pray, at 95 you watch your azz pass you.

Last edited by Wahoo ATV; 11-08-2013 at 07:00 PM.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 691 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV
Ever see see a 38 Fountain with big steps go thru a corner at 95mph.

I say 95 because at 90 you hold on and pray, at 95 you watch your azz pass you.

Careful Dean, I have video of you demonstrating how not to do that.....
Old 11-08-2013, 07:03 PM
Racer
Racer

I think we almost ran you over that time.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 691 Likes on 276 Posts

Hell, today warpath was going straight and managed to mow down a 3000 pound giant green bouy. Those guys are damn lucky they went up and over instead of being impaled.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:10 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by TeamSaris
Loose = trip and stuff. Flatter the boat is, faster the boat is. The more that bow is in the air, the slower you go. Running as loose as possible up to that point, is good.
Excellent Smithers. Now I am starting to figure this out.

Seriously, that helps alot. I try to figure out what you guys go through on the race course and can never grasp it. When things get ****t$ in my boat I back off the throttle. I am just trying to live vicariously through you for literally 1 second.

Cool stuff! Videos do justice but you cant "feel" what you are going through... Actually it is really interesting.
(you M'fers in open cockpits are really REALLY interesting or crazy...)
Old 11-08-2013, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I think the boys in the Sunprint boat deserve some recognition. They have been right on the heels of the outer limits in both races. They lost by 5 seconds today. I wouldn't call that getting left as some people seem to think. If you look at the lap times the only lap with any real difference in speed is the first lap. After that their speeds are almost identical. It's a shame they are running the short course. I wouldn't be surprised if the old extreme was out front of the outerlimits in the rougher water
Old 11-09-2013, 06:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by obrien
I think the boys in the Sunprint boat deserve some recognition. They have been right on the heels of the outer limits in both races. They lost by 5 seconds today. I wouldn't call that getting left as some people seem to think. If you look at the lap times the only lap with any real difference in speed is the first lap. After that their speeds are almost identical. It's a shame they are running the short course. I wouldn't be surprised if the old extreme was out front of the outerlimits in the rougher water
Steve and Gary have done an excellent job hangin with the OL. But what makes you think the OL was not just towing them along?
Old 11-09-2013, 07:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BRUCE SEROFF
Steve and Gary have done an excellent job hangin with the OL. But what makes you think the OL was not just towing them along?
If you watched the video of the two races Bruce it sure appears that the OL was on the edge of catastrophe every single second. Tabs all the way down, bow steering, nearly hooking, chine walking, etc. Maybe Steve and Gary were stalking the prey. They were flying straight and true, never out of shape, always in control, and after two races only 13 seconds behind. If the water is rough, and the course and total distance go back to normal on Sunday, I'd say the OL guys will have to race even more out of control to win. Here's to hoping its really, really rough!
Old 11-09-2013, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike A.
If you watched the video of the two races Bruce it sure appears that the OL was on the edge of catastrophe every single second. Tabs all the way down, bow steering, nearly hooking, chine walking, etc. Maybe Steve and Gary were stalking the prey. They were flying straight and true, never out of shape, always in control, and after two races only 13 seconds behind. If the water is rough, and the course and total distance go back to normal on Sunday, I'd say the OL guys will have to race even more out of control to win. Here's to hoping its really, really rough!
roger that!
Old 11-09-2013, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe Matt (sugarcoat it) Truilo will explain that dragging the tabs will make the boat so much faster. Look at the Fountains, not dragging the tabs like in the past, and now in the back of the pack.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.