Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Doc Jansen & Forehand cheating again >

Doc Jansen & Forehand cheating again

Notices

Doc Jansen & Forehand cheating again

Old 11-14-2016, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know Brian and I am friends with Doc. My point is that if you want to say cheating is part of "real racing" then you must acknowledge so is staying out of the championship contenders' way in the last race of the season. Forehand took out the points leader on the final day, on the first lap no less. No "real racer" would put himself or herself in that position. Real racers know better. He needs a serious talking to IMO before he's allowed to race again.
Old 11-14-2016, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

If all those in his class want him out that's another thing all together

( hi mike A. )
Old 11-14-2016, 02:00 PM
Registered

Received 691 Likes on 276 Posts

My completely uneducated and totally non-scientific guess is that if you went back to the old key west courses, where 1 lap was as long as the entire race these days, people would be a little more spread out, you would have less people running into each other and racers wouldnt get dizzy from going around in little circles so fast.
Old 11-14-2016, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
My completely uneducated and totally non-scientific guess is that if you went back to the old key west courses, where 1 lap was as long as the entire race these days, people would be a little more spread out, you would have less people running into each other and racers wouldnt get dizzy from going around in little circles so fast.
I keep my hands on the pulse of the majority of fans ( the ones who show up ,not those on the keyboard )
And they love the course .they can actually view a large portion of the race .
Weve been trying to reach the fans for years .
Most seem to like it . some of you won,t
Old 11-14-2016, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 691 Likes on 276 Posts

When I raced Baja, i did it for me and my team, not the bushes, rattlesnakes and occasional mexican watching. In endurance racing your number one competitor is yourself. You have to go fast enough to hopefully win but not so fast as to tear stuff up. Thats the mental aspect of endurance racing. If i wanted to bang fenders and tangle bars I could have raced motocross or mickey thompson's. Fans watching or not, trying to run 50 foot offshore boats on a little course is like trying to mosh in the ballet, toes ARE going to get smashed.
Old 11-14-2016, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

So what Mike your saying is everyone but the person racing for the championship should just stay home and not race because if your not racing to win there is no purpose to racing.

Racing is a 2 way street for staying out of trouble. I'd put 1000$ that Brian did not intentionally take anyone out and very likely did damage to his boat also.

See the idea is to get more boats involved not less. If your stand is everyone else should tread around the points leader? That's not racing in my book.
Old 11-14-2016, 02:47 PM
Registered

Received 196 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by hustlerguy
So what Mike your saying is everyone but the person racing for the championship should just stay home and not race because if your not racing to win there is no purpose to racing.

Racing is a 2 way street for staying out of trouble. I'd put 1000$ that Brian did not intentionally take anyone out and very likely did damage to his boat also.

See the idea is to get more boats involved not less. If your stand is everyone else should tread around the points leader? That's not racing in my book.
Agreed. By Mike A's logic, in any other sport as well, if your not winning you should stop trying. Why play the last game of the season if you are not in contention for the playoffs? Why teach are kids, give your all, win or lose? Apparently, if you are not going to be champ, you should sit on the sideline.
Old 11-14-2016, 02:56 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts

I seriously doubt that one racer would put another in jeopardy purposely or risk damage to their own craft. Whether it be Nascar, Motorcycle racing, drag racing, etc., racers are always trying to get an edge and push the limits. In the process, rules are broken. Sometimes knowingly, sometimes not. I can tell you that I bought a boat from Brian Forehand sight unseen. He was upfront, honest and everything went smoothly without a hitch. He even had the boat delivered for free as and empty hitch was heading south for the races last year!! It was a pleasure dealing with Brian and Marker 17 Marine....
Old 11-14-2016, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JUPITER PULSARE
I seriously doubt that one racer would put another in jeopardy purposely or risk damage to their own craft.....
Maybe you are unaware of the number of times the Dr and his chauffeur have made contact with other boats, in the wet-pits, on the course and in the milling area. The good Dr is merely a passenger. The contact incidents fall squarely on forehand. But of course, it's never his fault.
Old 11-14-2016, 03:44 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,158 Likes on 1,427 Posts

What does the racing organization say about all this ? And what have they done ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.