Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Doc Jansen & Forehand cheating again >

Doc Jansen & Forehand cheating again

Notices

Doc Jansen & Forehand cheating again

Old 11-14-2016, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is not my logic. It is a fundamental precept of racing. If you cannot under any circumstances win the championship, which was Brian's situation because he was DQ'd for cheating in race 1, you don't tangle with the points leader or any of the other contenders on the first lap of the last race. No one smashes into someone else on purpose, so I'm not sure where you are coming from on that one. But the bottom line is you must have situational awareness and Forehand didn't. As a result, he took out a team fighting for a championship. If that is racing in your book then I must respectfully disagree with your book.

Last edited by Mike A.; 11-14-2016 at 05:53 PM.
Old 11-14-2016, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
How many inspections are there ? Sounds like to me not many, What promps an inspection ? The Winner every race ? Or after a few wins ? Or not really any until enough complain ?

I'm (was) used to strict teardowns (car racing) and having to learn what the techs look for and what their knowledge is. to name a few.
I have raced with guys knowing #1 was the only piston checked different compression 2-8 different cam lobe 2-8. One thing to look for grey areas another ball game knowing your a cheater, True story 80 year old in my class with a lot of respect especially me caught running a sbc400ci class limited to 310ci. He ruined his whole reputation and cheated his racing buddies for a 2 buck trophy go figure.
Old 11-14-2016, 05:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JUPITER PULSARE
I seriously doubt that one racer would put another in jeopardy purposely or risk damage to their own craft.
I'm not saying it happened here, but it happens several times a year in Nascar. They dump other cars knowing there will be damage to both cars.
Old 11-14-2016, 05:58 PM
Registered

If you're caught cheating 4 times, it seems like the rule book should be thrown out or the penalties need to be stiffer. Now they are just making a mockery out of SBI.
Old 11-14-2016, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Every nascar leading team has been penalized a couple times in the past 2-3 years

So they should all be disqualified?
Only a couple guys can win the championship now so the rest of the guys should just stay home to protect the leaders?
That's not racing that's handing something to someone.
That's why they have a race! They line up and EVERYONE gives it there best shot not just hand it to the leader.
Sorry if you disagree but that is how racing happens in pretty much every sport.
Old 11-14-2016, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 691 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by hustlerguy
Every nascar leading team has been penalized a couple times in the past 2-3 years

Only a couple guys can win the championship now so the rest of the guys should just stay home to protect the leaders?
That's why they have a race! They line up and EVERYONE gives it there best shot not just hand it to the leader.
Sorry if you disagree but that is how racing happens in pretty much every sport.
On the flip side of that coin, (in the dirt) I read the rule book, memorized it front backwards and sideways. I then built a vehicle that maximized and stretched every rule as far as I could bend it without breaking it. My first race I took it easy getting used to it and still won the race by a lap and half. I destroyed the field every race for the next year. And I managed to kill what was a popular class because I took the fun out of it for the other guys,
Old 11-14-2016, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hustlerguy

While you bring up some very valid points, I guess first you must understand that this is not NASCAR. They show up pay just shy of a 3000 entry fee and they are pretty much guaranteed to walk away with approx 50 G for finishing in dead last. In offshore, we pay to play. Some of us have sponsors but they just help defer the cost, very rarely is there a full fledged sponsorship that pays the bills...

What I find funny is the fact that 2 teams were busted blatantly breaking the rules and for both teams, this is NOT the first time they have been caught. Phantom 9 decided to go into P3 and pretty much had a quiet week until a facebook post last night of them selling the team. Brian and Doc have only been nice to me, however every move they make brings drama to our class and as Phragle said, put themselves into being known as a class killer and with most teams paying an exuberant amount of money to race out of their own pockets, why show up and pay SBI if you dont have a chance to win as well as wonder what extra drama will incur just with them being there. I just cant understand why they feel they have to cheat when with a legal setup, they went out and beat the field by 8 seconds, not the 2 minutes they are used to. A win is a win.

My whole take on this fiasco. Ive had a pretty decent run in the sport, and for every victory Ive obtained, Ive lost 3, but I always had a chance. I am certainly not going to enter to just get demoralized. Ill just go in the brackets and race a computer. Its all about having fun and racing respectful from here on out. If I were in Marker 17's shoes, I would have started on the far outside and let the guys mix it up on the inside and pounce when they make a mistake... Its just call respect, nothing more nothing less

Now its time for the KW hangover to take place and the team owners(and only the team owners) along with SBI work together to come up with a solution , obviously SBI has the final say as we the racers are just customers and they provide the platform for us to go out and have fun. Bottom line, with the Marker 17 Marine in the class, its not too much fun and not worth all the expense, Id have more fun basketweaving

Last edited by F1-00 Racing; 11-14-2016 at 09:32 PM.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:31 PM
Registered

Received 691 Likes on 276 Posts

I was more replying to what hustlerguy said. I want in KW, I have no idea what really transpired, what was found or not found, nor do I really care. I do find the whole svl thing entertaining. A few years ago it seemed like a pretty cool idea, but in true offshore fashion it splintered with varying different rules etc. So as I said I find it entertaining in a reality tv show type way. We all know what my feelings are about what offshore was was vs what it is, the ocean is a great equalizer, its just been taken out of the equation.
Old 11-15-2016, 06:55 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
Id have more fun basketweaving
IS THAT WHATS TAKING YOU SO LONG TO RIG YOURE SVL?
Old 11-15-2016, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

yep thats it Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.