Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Doc Jansen & Forehand cheating again >

Doc Jansen & Forehand cheating again

Notices

Doc Jansen & Forehand cheating again

Old 11-15-2016, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

I disagree with different circumstances, The boat who is in contention in points also only needs to race as hard as he has to so he stays ahead of his closest competitor in points. He also does not need to win. It's a 2 way street.

Otherwise in Nascar championship should only the people who can win championship race that race? Or everyone else cant try to win they just need to drive around and stay out of everyones way.

Now if this was last lap of the race or being lapped in the race I might agree with you but first lap first corner no way. I want to see the competitors race each other as hard as they want to.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 275 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by hustlerguy
I disagree with different circumstances, The boat who is in contention in points also only needs to race as hard as he has to so he stays ahead of his closest competitor in points. He also does not need to win. It's a 2 way street.

Otherwise in Nascar championship should only the people who can win championship race that race? Or everyone else cant try to win they just need to drive around and stay out of everyones way.

Now if this was last lap of the race or being lapped in the race I might agree with you but first lap first corner no way. I want to see the competitors race each other as hard as they want to.
Very much agreed here
Old 11-15-2016, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hustlerguy
Never seen that flag be thrown on the first corner of the first lap in any kind of race!

No dog in any fight here either other than if your going to go there to race then I would expect anyone and everyone to race not follow the leader because he's leading in points.

At that point we better start giving out participation trophy and no one should ever be the winner because someone will feel bad they are the looser.

They played all 7 games in the world series... They didnt just hand it to the team leading the series after 4 games or 5 games.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but imagine if a Cup driver who'd been eliminated from the Chase crashed the points leader while trying a first lap pass at the final race of the year in Homestead. I recognize that is hard to imagine because no professional driver would ever even consider doing something so utterly selfish and stupid. NASCAR would have creamed the guy and his fellow racers would have ostracized him.

Your World Series analogy doesn't work because both teams were still eligible for the title. Forehand was just a guy driving around a race course. What he did was akin to the LA Dodgers crashing their team bus into the Cubs bus before game seven.

Frankly, he should have left the venue after the DQ, or SBI should have sent him home. At the very least he should call Miklos and Fehrman, admit to using terrible judgment, and apologize. A man, and certainly a gentleman, would have already done so.
Old 11-15-2016, 02:31 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

If the courses get any shorter , you could just add a class at the Unlimited Hydroplane Events (they could use the help) . I've always felt Offshore Racing was a sport more like desert endurance racing and never saw the point of a giant spectator base. You have the enthusiasts that will show up ( compared to tons of people on the beach that have no clue whats going on and wouldnt have been there if your tried to charge admission ). You still have Sponsors in Marine / Recreation / Watersports that will participate in order to reach a target audience. The only recognition I ever seeked was the respect of fellow competitors/enthusiasts.
Old 11-15-2016, 02:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PARASAIL941
If the courses get any shorter , you could just add a class at the Unlimited Hydroplane Events (they could use the help) . I've always felt Offshore Racing was a sport more like desert endurance racing and never saw the point of a giant spectator base. You have the enthusiasts that will show up ( compared to tons of people on the beach that have no clue whats going on and wouldnt have been there if your tried to charge admission ). You still have Sponsors in Marine / Recreation / Watersports that will participate in order to reach a target audience. The only recognition I ever seeked was the respect of fellow competitors/enthusiasts.
Cause that target you speak of is getting smaller and smaller as the years go. True offshore racing (except for 1 or 2 runs like Hobra) is not viable these days. Sorry to break that to ya.
Old 11-15-2016, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

None of it is really viable these days , sponsors dont get much bang for the buck, so it should be racing that is most enjoyed by the participant.
Old 11-15-2016, 04:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PARASAIL941
None of it is really viable these days , sponsors dont get much bang for the buck, so it should be racing that is most enjoyed by the participant.
The cities that put it on get a LOT. take away the idea the fans can see the race and the cities will pull out as well.
Old 11-15-2016, 05:22 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Could someone take this thread and at least retitle the GD F'n thang! This chit is getting real old. If they cheated as Fountain racers/owners so be it., all we Fountain owners share a piece of the shame. The F'n boat now is an Outerlimits, not that I give a fock, just drop the Fountain cheati'n ****.

F'n cheaters are just that, F'n cheaters !!!! Leave the manufacturer out of it.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 11-15-2016 at 05:24 PM.
Old 11-15-2016, 05:42 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 24 Likes on 5 Posts

For next year.......

"The Key West Offshorish demolition derby"
Old 11-15-2016, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 691 Likes on 276 Posts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.