Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Doc Jansen & Forehand cheating again >

Doc Jansen & Forehand cheating again

Notices

Doc Jansen & Forehand cheating again

Old 11-15-2016, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Marker 17 team worked on the boat all day on Friday to race Thursday and Sunday. With no chance to win the championship they did it to race. They placed 1st on Thursday and ran a average lap time faster than Wednesday. You speak of this intentional spearing. There was contact Sunday ,Racing contact both boat have damage. Marker 17 has a hole in her side also and was taking on water but continued to race. If you were there you could see it was running heavy. You speak of Sun Print being the points leader they were 5 points ahead of lSB and Floaters going into Sunday race a race were the points are worth double. not much of a lead. There was not a mark on the bow of the boat but a hole in the starboard rear. So much for your spearing theory. That would make me think Brian had the inside line and Sun print came into them.
Old 11-15-2016, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 27Fountain
That would make me think Brian had the inside line and Sun print came into them.
Or the OL couldnt handle the tight turn and went into the outside line.....

I am not making any accusations either way, but until a ruling is made it could go either way
Old 11-15-2016, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

I just still don't get all this whining about marker 17.
I haven't seen anyone complain about miss geico, Martino crash, or whm crash or Cleveland construction.
They all got tore up, racing hard, no one is saying the other guy is a low life cheating sob, I wanna punch him in the face.
This thread is getting comical and showing how much some of you hate a specific racer and no matter what the facts are it's all his fault. It still seems you wanted a coorination for your favorite driver to win and everyone else just follow nicely, and don't you dare try to win you sob.
Old 11-15-2016, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

27 Fountain, no one said Forehand intentionally speared SunPrint. Frankly, Forehand runs the entire boat by himself. He tried to dive into the corner underneath SunPrint, which had gotten there first, and could not hold his line. He speared SunPrint, not intentionally, but because he made a bad move. Bad moves happen. But it should never have happened in this case. Forehand had no chance to win the championship. None. Even if every other boat had broken. Under those circumstances, he never should have put his boat where he did. Again, he was just a guy driving a boat around the course and he took out another competitor who had a chance at the championship. That is just so fundamentally wrong it's barely worth arguing over.
Old 11-15-2016, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 691 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by hustlerguy
I haven't seen anyone complain about miss geico, Martino crash, or whm crash or Cleveland construction.
They all got tore up, racing hard, no one is saying the other guy is a low life cheating sob, I wanna punch him in the face.
This thread is getting comical and showing how much some of you hate a specific racer and no matter what the facts are it's all his fault. It still seems you wanted a coorination for your favorite driver to win and everyone else just follow nicely, and don't you dare try to win you sob.
Who is complaining about marker 17?? I have been lamenting about the current state of key west races.offshore. I am much more fond of true offshore races where men were men, the gulf stream was made to be crossed, and manatees were served with ketchup for lunch....
Old 11-15-2016, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

I didn't want to reply but cant help my self. THIS IS A HOBBY SPORT AT BEST. There is no money to pay for what we do. Self sponsorship is the norm with a few exceptions. All of us racing know this when we get into it. RULES at this level have no grey area IMO. We all know what they are. For the majority of racers that race they just want to go put there boat in a class and race thinking they are on a equal playing field. There will always be better teams based on experience, money and crew. Most are ok with losing against a team that you know have those advantages. The problem is when one of those teams continuously wins and occasionally gets caught cheating when proper tec is done it just plain stinks. How many wins did that team really win while cheating? we will never know. The general public puts them on a pedestal because they never hear about them being caught. This is small time motor sports that the underdog has no shot if cheating is thought as a right of passage to racing.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:06 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike A.
27 Fountain, no one said Forehand intentionally speared SunPrint. Frankly, Forehand runs the entire boat by himself. He tried to dive into the corner underneath SunPrint, which had gotten there first, and could not hold his line. He speared SunPrint, not intentionally, but because he made a bad move. Bad moves happen. But it should never have happened in this case. Forehand had no chance to win the championship. None. Even if every other boat had broken. Under those circumstances, he never should have put his boat where he did. Again, he was just a guy driving a boat around the course and he took out another competitor who had a chance at the championship. That is just so fundamentally wrong it's barely worth arguing over.
Mike A

In your eyes its fundamentally wrong and that's fine to have your view... It's just not mine and others view.
I believe you can have your view and I can have mine, I'm not going to try to make you see it my way nor will I see it your way.

How come there is no especially you have no outcry over all the other crashes that happened on Sunday's racing? Geico, Martimo, construction, others involved. These wrecks took other teams out of contention yet this is the only one you speak of? I still feel there is a hidden agenda here. Something personally against one guy.

I've raced motor sports from a kid to a adult, some smaller sanctioned stuff some larger bodies such as the AMA. I never once entered a race not trying to win. I didn't care if it was the last race of the season and I was in contention to win a championship or not. I went out and gave it my best shot to win every race.
Old 11-16-2016, 02:05 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Never seen that flag be thrown on the first corner of the first lap in any kind of race!

No dog in any fight here either other than if your going to go there to race then I would expect anyone and everyone to race not follow the leader because he's leading in points.

At that point we better start giving out participation trophy and no one should ever be the winner because someone will feel bad they are the looser.

They played all 7 games in the world series... They didnt just hand it to the team leading the series after 4 games or 5 games.
youre mentor only runs one race a year
Old 11-16-2016, 02:15 AM
Registered

15 did not hit 113
Old 11-16-2016, 02:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
I didn't want to reply but cant help my self. THIS IS A HOBBY SPORT AT BEST. There is no money to pay for what we do. Self sponsorship is the norm with a few exceptions. All of us racing know this when we get into it. RULES at this level have no grey area IMO. We all know what they are. For the majority of racers that race they just want to go put there boat in a class and race thinking they are on a equal playing field. There will always be better teams based on experience, money and crew. Most are ok with losing against a team that you know have those advantages. The problem is when one of those teams continuously wins and occasionally gets caught cheating when proper tec is done it just plain stinks. How many wins did that team really win while cheating? we will never know. The general public puts them on a pedestal because they never hear about them being caught. This is small time motor sports that the underdog has no shot if cheating is thought as a right of passage to racing.
YUP
good seein ya randy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.