Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Cats?Spectre or Eliminator >

Cats?Spectre or Eliminator

Notices

Cats?Spectre or Eliminator

Old 06-05-2002, 06:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Enticer, come down any weekend at take a ride in the Spectre. We keep it behind the house in LBI and your more than welcome. Otto
Old 06-05-2002, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey KenP, Doin fine. Had a great time in AC at the Poker Run. We are really excited about getting these new boats up there.
As for the 36, we have orders for 9 so far but I don't think any are headed to NJ yet so you could be the first. Call me if you want a "deal".
Elim219, yes we will have a cabin. STBD side will have a bench seat and then you can climb up over the tunnel to the matress. The Port side will have an enclosed head compartment. Due to the width and height of the tunnel (no pod by the way) it's no Winnebago but at least a place to get out of the weather or use the head. I'll try and post some pics soon.
Old 06-05-2002, 12:01 PM
Registered

I don't know how you plan on using the boat, but a buddy of mine had a 30' Spectre and it didn't have room to move around in. There was no room for an ice chest or anything. I'm talking small, so if you want any room, go with the Eliminator. They are both well built boats.
Old 06-05-2002, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default may have the first 36' nor tech in jersey

if the price is right I may have to take the plunge........anyone up for a slingshot
Old 06-05-2002, 08:09 PM
Charter Member#350
Charter Member

I saw the plug for the Nor-Tech 36 cat and all I have to say is that, in my opinon, this is going to be the BEST looking cat in the 30 to 36 range.
Old 06-05-2002, 08:12 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default could it be??

Could it be the next "Zero Cavity"?????????????????????????

Maximus

Dr. S- I was the 36 Spectre that led you guys away from the Sandbar in the Sarasota PRA event.
Old 06-05-2002, 08:37 PM
Charter Member#350
Charter Member

Maximus:

1) The new 36 cat from Nor-Tech is so good looking that I have been contemplating the posibility of making it the next Zero Cavity. A close friend of mine ordered one so I will have plenty of time to try it out.

2) What sandbar are you talking about ??
Old 06-05-2002, 09:16 PM
Registered

Terry, When do you think Tom's boat will be done? I saw ted's boat and that cabin is huge.
Old 06-06-2002, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ken, The engines dyno tomorrow, install next week. Tom's cabin (not the uncle) is comming together. Similar to Ted's with lots of color! Will sea trial the week of the 17th.
TS
Old 06-07-2002, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which cat?

I don't feel that we can generalize the performance and stability of the two styles of boats. The performance, handling and stability characteristics of a modified (center-pod) tunnel hull (like the Eliminator) and a "true" tunnel hull (like a Spectre) are different. A tunnel hull will usually see higher top end speed. A modified tunnel (with center-pod) often have a softer ride in mid-range wave conditions, and may attain planing a little quicker, but give up some top end capabilty in return. The modified tunnel can have a "smoother" transition or "hump" (as the hull changes from sponson planing to more aerodynamic lift).

The real answer, however, is that either boat (tunnel or modified tunnel with center-pod) will perform well if they are designed for your intended application and for the powerplant that you intend to use. The properly designed hull (either style) will minimize porpoising (at the transition "hump") and maximize acceleration and top speed.

I've tested both boats, both Eliminator and Spectre are good performing tunnels. So if you get the boat with the engine it was designed for, it should perform great!

Quick Reply: Cats?Spectre or Eliminator

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.