Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Phillip/Shane You Guys around? >

Phillip/Shane You Guys around?

Notices

Phillip/Shane You Guys around?

Old 07-21-2002, 05:13 PM
mjuwalters

Default t2x

T2X Thanks for your reply. You are correct about the Hydra vs Motion comparison, they are very different. Anyhow I made some measurements, my motor are about 6.5IN from the tunnel sides. Does this only affect turnning responce? as this this is just a pleasure boat moving the centers would not be worth the work. But if it did affect top speed, well that is another story. What do you think?
Thank you Michael

Last edited by mjuwalters; 07-22-2002 at 10:04 AM.

Old 07-22-2002, 10:05 AM
mjuwalters

ttt

Old 07-22-2002, 10:56 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

MJU:

Which way are you rotating your props..?

Your slippage is very high....... I imagine that moving c/l's in will improve this.....however you may be too high to begin with at your current engine locations. Try adjusting that before considering centerline changes.

T2x
Old 07-22-2002, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

T2x, mjuwalters,
T2x, Did you go and measure the C/L of the shafts on my boat this weekend???? you must have! These shafts are 3.75" in from the tunnel wall at the bottom of the sponson, I measured it Sat. trying to get a dimension for mjuwalters. BTW I went over and checked your boat Sun. PM. everything looked fine.
T2x's response only shows. "And they say he is obsolete"

Hydro and Nauti Kitty, Call me, I have some info for you guys. 973.214.9686
Philip
Old 07-22-2002, 04:56 PM
mjuwalters

Default T2x

T2X I calculated my prop at about 9% what should I be looking for? 6000rpm 34p 3bls 1.61 gears. The props are turning out. I have plenty of adjustement to work with. I now have them 2'' above the bottom. What do you suggest?
Philip do you know the weight of you 32 skater, what year is the hull? We are installing some built motors on the 32 hydra, I know it won't be as fast as a skater but trying to get an idea of speed
Thanks Guys for the imput . You can not beat all the experence you guys have
Michael

Last edited by mjuwalters; 07-22-2002 at 05:01 PM.

Old 07-22-2002, 05:56 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

MJU:

Sorry, I had a senior moment and confused your boat with the one Phillip calculated at 17% slip earlier in this thread....9% is spot on.......... I might go a little higher..just to see what happens.

All in all, your numbers are pretty good........... The best 28 Skater I have seen with 300 x's is running at about 120....121.

T2x
Old 07-22-2002, 08:22 PM
mjuwalters

T2X I know what you mean senior momemts are becoming more frequent for me also. Don't you hate that.
My motors are not Xs just old 99s. My water presure is 14-15lbs. I may play a little more with height after I have the rev limiters reset. Boy120mph seems almost impossible, but I know its true. I just don't know how its done ,even in a skater. How is your 28 running this year. I knew you were rerigging but never saw any more results. Is it top secret?? I am now having trouble with prop hubs. New xr hubs' c clip dissappeared and plastic bushing ate my propshaft seals. Chris from merc h.p. is suppose to call me back tuesday. . It happened four times last year with old hubs, they had no retaning clips. I was expecting new style hup to be the fix. We will see what happens. Wish me luck.
Thanks Michael

Old 07-23-2002, 10:45 AM
mjuwalters

ttt

Old 07-23-2002, 06:11 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

MJU:

28 Skaters (at least 3 that I know of, personally) do run 120 with twin engines (2 with 2.5's, 1 with 300x's). But you have to pay attention to every detail.

Your boat is running pretty well if you have the old Pro Max's on it. Those motors don't take well to high revs...but they behave beautifully and, seemingly, live forever.

All in all.....I might leave well enough alone, if I were you. Play with a few props and try some conservative height adjustments.

Good luck,

T2x
Old 07-23-2002, 10:08 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
Lightbulb

Friends of mine had a very Similar 30 Motion "Cutting Edge" Which never ran near your speeds with the old 2.5's. But these boats are much heavier than 28 Skaters which can weigh aroud 3500 lbs! I would gues you Motion to weigh around 4300Lbs or more so there's around 8 mph there. Also the the front part of the deck on the 30's and 35's where the pointed are is seems to push the bow down alot. The was some toying around with pods added to the front of the motions a few years ago which seemed to work in some cases. Thes wedges were made of alum sheets wrapped over the pointed area. Your 109 is Very fast for your boat IMO.

Quick Reply: Phillip/Shane You Guys around?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.