Testing in Ocean City MD?????

Notices

Testing in Ocean City MD?????

Old 06-04-2002, 08:38 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts

Hot Duck,

I saw you going out the inlet yesterday. Sweet ride! I was on the (don't laugh) Assateague Adventure pontoon boat. The kids really enjoyed it. You guys throw a hell of a rooster out the back. I tried to get the captain to run ya, but he was chicken.

Dave M.
Old 06-04-2002, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hot Duck is Commander Hotel?

If so, I definetly know what Hotel i will patronize from now on, since i am in OC quite a bit every summer. Anything to help out someone that races offshore, especially someone that is part of the OSO family.

Good Luck luck this year Will.

Oh, also, myself and BobbyB are probably each going to buy a 350 dually, how do you like yours? Are those custom rims?
Old 06-04-2002, 01:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

Dave M - Assateague Adventure huh? Nothing wrong with that. I have a center console that I use to go over to Assateague to get away from everything. It is a lot of fun to go anchor on the beach and spend the day there on the boat and in the water! The rooster tail on the race boat does lay down a little bit when we get going. Above 80 it becomes as much horizontal as vertical, but at slower speeds it is really tall.

Mark - So far my truck has done really well. The wheels are factory Ford (19.5"). The truck is an F-450. Ford builds it as a cab/chassis and I had a company called Manning, located in Kentucky, build the bed. The bed is 4-5 inches longer than a standard Ford long bed and the wheel openings are larger to fit the larger wheels, but at a glance you would never know that it was not 100% factory built. I added a second fuel tank to the truck from Transfer Flow so I can carry 74 gallons of fuel. Stopping every 2 hours on long towing trips gets old. That is why I added the extra tank.
A Ford Fleet dealership in Winston Salem, NC (Parkway Ford) ( www.parkwayford.com ) put the entire package together for me so it was ready to go right from the dealer's lot. They took care of getting the truck to each place, to have the bed and tanks installed, then let me take delivery from the dealership when everything was complete. Overall it is a really sweet rig and it tows the boat really well!

Last edited by Hot Duck; 06-04-2002 at 03:41 PM.
Old 06-04-2002, 01:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

By the way, I used Joe Eskridge at Parkway Ford. Fantastic guy to work with. I sent out a spec sheet for bids to 23 different Ford dealers within a 3 state area and Parkway blew them all out of the water on price. That is why I ordered my truck from a dealer so far away from home. They do a large volume of fleet sales and have numerous trucks like mine right on the lot. If you are shopping for a new rig I would give them a shot at it.
Old 06-04-2002, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Man! I was up there sat buying a boat. Sorry i didnt get to see you out there!!!

I will be back to Ocean City again I loved it!!
Old 06-04-2002, 02:19 PM
Registered

I understand now, a 450, that is why the rims looked bigger and better than the 350. I unforunately will probably just buy the 350(price being the main issue), it should tow ok the 30ft cat coming soon. But I will call parkway, thanks for the info and again a sweet setup.

Oh, so you are Mr. Commander Hotel right? So my money will go into that race boat from now on when i stay in OC?

Thanks Mark
[email protected]
Old 06-04-2002, 03:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Some of that money may end up in the race boat. A small portion of our advertising budget (Commander Hotel advertising budget) goes towards the race boat and the remaining expenses are covered by our other sponsors, my throttleman and myself. Our current sponsors are.......

Commander Hotel - ( www.commanderhotel.com )
Atlantic Hotel - ( www.atlantichotelocmd.com ) ..owned by
my throttleman
Caruso's Pizza - On the boardwalk in OC
Pepsi Cola of Salisbury, Maryland
Lip-Ship Performance - ( www.lipship.com )

So far so good, but every penny helps, as you well know.
Old 06-04-2002, 04:38 PM
Registered

Oh, i see, i see.

Thanks for the info though, now i know where to eat also.

And lipship, i have heard nothing but good about them, if i ever need that kind of work, that is mostly likely who i would call first.

again, thanks, good luck and see you out there, from spectator boat.