Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Sunsation Adding Center Consoles >

Sunsation Adding Center Consoles

Notices

Sunsation Adding Center Consoles

Old 09-14-2011, 03:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont forgot that apache also built a few.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:20 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 3,027 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Originally Posted by dkwestern
I was thinking similar. Cig, Nor-Tech, Statement, Fountain, Concept, Outerlimits, Deep Impact, Spectre/Sonic, Epic.

All of these are pleasure CC's (not hardcore fish rigs). Is the market already saturated, or is there room for more CC's from Performance boat builders?
The market is being driven from a few directions including current performance-boat owners who want something that still performs but offers more versatility than a purpose-built go-fast boat, performance-boat owners who like to fish and dive (but wouldn't consider themselves hardcore in either activity), buyers who just want something that can handle a crowd, maturing go-fast owners with families who've found their needs have changed, and more.

Is the market saturated? No one knows and it's too early to reach any kind of informed conclusion.

Here's the thing: A loyal Sunsation buyer will look at a Sunsation center console before anything else in that category. Same goes for Nor-Tech and Cigarette. Odds are good that the people who run own and run these companies know the value of brand loyalty and repeat buyers, and are banking on it.

The other driving factor? The economy. It wasn't all that long ago that a performance-boat owner's second ride likely was a center console. Now, for a lot of folks, it has become one or the other.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:45 PM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Matt very good points. My new Nor-Tech CC has been to Two Poker Runs already and the amount of interest it has got is unbelievable. It is not the first boat to each stop but not the last either.

I tell everyone the boat runs north of 70 and the motors carry a 5 year full warranty, you can't beat that. As for the Nor-Tech well it speaks for itself those guys put a lot time and money to make it right which didn't happen overnite.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The guys at Sunsation are continuously improving their boats and are still building/selling a decent amount considering the economy. I've known about this for a while and I believe its going to be a great addition to their line. I can't wait to see it done.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:29 PM
Registered

Whether you like the looks of the Sunsations or not, you have to respect the way they run their company, they have their **** together
Old 09-15-2011, 07:44 AM
Registered

Received 765 Likes on 413 Posts

I don't see it as "me too, me too". You either adapt to the marketplace or you go away. Wayne never wanted to build a mid-open but it ended up outselling the closed bow boats and kept the company afloat. You build what sells and right now CC's are selling.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:29 AM
Registered

But I want to see it w the 557's like in the rendering
Old 09-15-2011, 10:03 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 3,027 Likes on 1,372 Posts

For a little more detail, check out the specs, http://speedonthewater.com/new-boats...r-console.html.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 259 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by drpete3
But I want to see it w the 557's like in the rendering
ME2!!!!!
Old 09-17-2011, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

Will they have it built for Miami?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.