Notices

duramax swap?

Old 12-09-2011, 08:11 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Buddy just bought a 2011 King Ranch dually.

I used it to tow the 36 to LOTO last summer.

6.6 mph at 65 mph ,,,,,,exactly the same as my 8.1 chevy dually does !!!

yes it may improve when it breaks in,,,,, but how much

I will say the power of the 6.7 is unbelievable !!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2011, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by obnoxus
Buddy just bought a 2011 King Ranch dually.

I used it to tow the 36 to LOTO last summer.

6.6 mph at 65 mph ,,,,,,exactly the same as my 8.1 chevy dually does !!!

yes it may improve when it breaks in,,,,, but how much

I will say the power of the 6.7 is unbelievable !!!!!!!
A look at some Ford Truck Forums and most people seem to be getting 8-12 mpg towing big loads. 10 mpg seems pretty consistent, and some are getting 7 mpg also.

I get 8-9 towing my chris cat with my Avalanche 2500 and 8.1 gas engine.

Wannabe
Old 12-09-2011, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by soldier4402
they didnt sell thats why. I agree the H2 with a diesel should have been an option, not standard though, if it was standard it would have sold less of them then it already did.
You say that, but at the time, no suv's were selling well. I would bet that if Ford brought back the diesel excursion right now, they couldn't keep them on the lot.

Darrell.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DMOORE
You say that, but at the time, no suv's were selling well. I would bet that if Ford brought back the diesel excursion right now, they couldn't keep them on the lot.

Darrell.
The excursion didnt sell well period. GM had/has the market on that class. I think the MPG for either engine on the Excursion was what under 10 or something. With the way gas goes now, that vehicle will not come back, and if it did it wouldnt sell. It seems cool and some of us on here might like it but it just wont sell to the masses. Just like the H2 it was cool, but practical has started to out rule coolness in the last 5-10 years as far as car buying.

I kind of take some of that back. If they could offer it under 50k and have it get 15-18MPG maybe, but just not worth it.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:48 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=DMOORE;3567657]You say that, but at the time, no suv's were selling well. I would bet that if Ford brought back the diesel excursion right now, they couldn't keep them on the lot.

Agreed

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2011, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default lol

Duramax all the way babywhy waste money blowing smoke with a ford power joke
Old 12-10-2011, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

have you ever thought of it at this angle. I assumed you have a 2007 H2. I went with the luxury model and if you dont have the luxury than figure a couple grand less but your trade could be worth 25-27 then 15 you got into the conversion and your looking at dang close to a new diesel. Which will have a warranty and personally would be more trustworthy than some modification. Just wondering
Old 12-10-2011, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

have you ever thought of it at this angle. I assumed you have a 2007 H2. I went with the luxury model and if you dont have the luxury than figure a couple grand less but your trade could be worth 25-27 then 15 you got into the conversion and your looking at dang close to a new diesel. Which will have a warranty and personally would be more trustworthy than some modification. Just wondering
Your missing the point (IT IS CUSTOM) and its a Hummer if you could just go down the street and buy one every body would have one. And i like having stuff others don't have!
Old 12-10-2011, 11:15 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ridefast77
Your missing the point (IT IS CUSTOM) and its a Hummer if you could just go down the street and buy one every body would have one. And i like having stuff others don't have!
Pr!c k

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-10-2011, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 1,477 Likes on 824 Posts

The excursion didnt sell well period. GM had/has the market on that class. I think the MPG for either engine on the Excursion was what under 10 or something. With the way gas goes now, that vehicle will not come back, and if it did it wouldnt sell. It seems cool and some of us on here might like it but it just wont sell to the masses. Just like the H2 it was cool, but practical has started to out rule coolness in the last 5-10 years as far as car buying.

I kind of take some of that back. If they could offer it under 50k and have it get 15-18MPG maybe, but just not worth it.
Around town with the V10 they got about 10, worst with the V8.

I know because I was developing a audio system for Ford and they gave us a few to do the R & D on.

I drove them back and forth to work daily and took a few "Tuning" trips with them. On one such trip I had 7 people in the V10 running down the highway averaging about 75-80, got 16.7 m.p.h on that trip. For the size vehicle that was pretty good, the two in the third row were not the smallest and very comfortable, plus we had room for a ton of chit behind them, unlike the 3rd row in other large SUV's.

I do think they never painted them yellow because Ford didn't want kids running up to them all the time.

As for why someone wants to put a Duramax into his Hummer has nothing to do with resell, it's custom for Christ sake.

What do you think of this car, should he have taken this OLD thing to the junk yard and bought a new mustang instead?
Attached Thumbnails duramax swap?-07.jpg   duramax swap?-0906phr_04_z-1970_chevy_chevelle_turbo_diesel-front_passenger_side.jpg   duramax swap?-99336879.bcxu1shj.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.