44' Magic Cat

Old 06-15-2002, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry the pic did not upload, I'll try again
Old 06-15-2002, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having a cat ,and having been on alot of different cat's including skaters that are too fast for there own good, I think theres a definite market for a big pleasure cat for those people that want all the goodies, speeds better than a v, and lot of room to have fun on, but not so fast it's a risk to ride on. I personally see no sane reason to want a boat that does much over 100mph, 100 is good, but these 140-170 mph boats are just not right. Dont get me wrong, I love them, and to have the ability to run them that fast is great, but I wouldnt run that fast, risk vs return just isnt worth it to me. Therefor give me something built like a tank so it isn't in need of repair often like lightweight cats, handles the rough good, is faster than almost any v-hull I'll see on an average day out pleasure boating, a huge cockpit, and all the ammenities. I'm sure with some test and tuneing of x-dims, bottom, layup and hull weight, it will pick up the speeds anyway, but The big cats are great, that's why I like the big ocean express cats. Everything you need. You'll always have someone faster anyway, and I dont have the need to stroke my ego with a boat's speed, I just need enough to make me smile...
Old 06-15-2002, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default careful with setup

Not to be a downer- all that weight + mega wetted surface area = asking a lot of the drives. Nothing less than 6's, bmaxes or arnesons will live- even with 375 496's. Good luck and happy boating.