Where ARE all the LSx motors hiding??? >

Where ARE all the LSx motors hiding???

Notices

Where ARE all the LSx motors hiding???

Old 05-02-2012, 02:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey wasted . . ..

What did you use for a sea water/raw water pump?
Old 05-02-2012, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The cooling water is supplied by the jet pump, and it was open cooled. As such, I had to adjust some of the tables in the PCM so that it knew that ~150-160*F was "warmed up", or else the fueling and timing would have been off since there are ECT modifers.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:55 PM
bor
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bdubs
Bor, that 21 Phantom is going to fly. What are the specs on that LS engine? It's making gobs of torque.
I hope so !! I wanted a small fast inboard looks quite normal (only problem it gonna sound far from normal !!!) A friend of mine build ls engines from the just got out for the european race teams and have quite some experience whit them ,I wanted first a 6.2 mph from merc but that changed quick when we start talking about it in to a ls I bought from ebay brand new L76 engine ls 2 block whit ls3 heads exaly the truck engine ,only one bolt of the external oil filter mount was broken very cheap ! then he stroked it too 406 whit forged compstar kit compression ratio 1 to 10 ,made it dry sump whit ls 7 parts
and upgraded the springs in the valve train ,the camshaft I don't know but it makes some reversion so maked the exhaust dry ,the ecm and harness (not the easiest one to program) I got from mast motorsport when we started there was not much out to convert the ls to marine I bought a closed cooling set from the pcm zr1 and a pair headers from cmi who first send the wrong ones(normal sbc) to europe ! luckily i could sell them here and bought a set ls ones where we dynoed the engine whit ,later I bought the lighting wich have a much nicer collector so might find another few hp !

The tailpipes we made in-house whit o2 fittings in them ,now I know why headers are that expensive !!
we put the headers forward due to the space behind the engine and the engine makes more power whit some length in the exhaust .
Old 05-02-2012, 02:58 PM
bor
Registered

Originally Posted by HaxbySpeed
Nice! 550ft lbs and 557hp with a nice flat curve.
Thx Habby !

Wasted your just as crazy as I am whit such a project but love it when it comes together !!
Old 05-02-2012, 03:00 PM
bor
Registered

Originally Posted by TooTall
hey wasted . . ..

Pcm has a stainless one bolts right on the block I used almost the whole cooling kit from them was around $ 600 dollar but bolts almost right on .
Old 05-03-2012, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by TooTall
hey wasted . . ..

It shouldn't be too difficult to put a standard sea pump in the place of the A/C pump on a LS. In that case it would have it's own belt and belt tensioner just like a gen V and VI BBC.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How is this for a crate LS motor. Cost is very affordable. Interesting to have a bill of materials needed to marinize this beauty.
http://www.crateenginedepot.com/Circ...21-P10796.aspx
Old 05-05-2012, 09:39 AM
Registered

How much less does an LSx weigh than a big block? Could there be any problems taking a lot of weight out of the back of a boat?
Old 05-05-2012, 09:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Crossett
How much less does an LSx weigh than a big block? Could there be any problems taking a lot of weight out of the back of a boat?
Should be a big plus +.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steve 1
Should be a big plus +.
It wouldn't raise the height of the hull in the water or change the balance or anything?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.