Where ARE all the LSx motors hiding???

Notices

Where ARE all the LSx motors hiding???

Old 05-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
How many guys can pull off an nmea2K complaint version of this?

UD
Kodiak, MarinePower, Crusader, Indmar, PCM. All use MEFI 5 or 6. There's a few companies offering MEFI to NMEA2000 gateways that are very affordable. There will be one soon for the Holley system as well. I'd be surprised though given Ilmor's background if you couldn't talk them into squeezing another 30ish hp out of those 570's for your project. It would definitely get lots of attention.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by ROTAX454
How is this for a crate LS motor. Cost is very affordable. Interesting to have a bill of materials needed to marinize this beauty.
http://www.crateenginedepot.com/Circ...21-P10796.aspx
Those horsepower ratings are with tuned headers. That cam probably has too much overlap for a marine application.

Michael
Old 05-05-2012, 11:06 PM
Registered

Received 5,016 Likes on 1,413 Posts

Those were the first engines I tore apart.. in H.S. I had an LT1 Trans am then LS1 Firehawk. I love the LSX motors, unless you have to replace #8 plug on a Trans Am that is.. I learned on those motors .. heads, cam headers, blowers...
When I got into boating it was like going back in time.. I was like Carbs?! really? what is this 1972? I used to tune a car with a laptop, with boats its back to caveman days and a screwdriver and idle adjustments.
I`d love to see more LSX power!
Old 05-06-2012, 04:36 AM
bor
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default video

Originally Posted by HaxbySpeed
Nice! 550ft lbs and 557hp with a nice flat curve.
here a short vid of the dyno pull

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0k6r...layer_embedded

She's in !!

Last edited by bor; 05-07-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:17 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Question

Very nice numbers from a 6.6 LS engine, but I would like to see the actual dyno sheets showing the data and outputs for that torque number and dyno pull. The engine really was having a hard time on the dyno making torque down low and you could hear the big delay after the dyno brake loaded the engine and also how much time it took for that little LS to overcome the break and start making power and rpms. What was the rpms per second set at on that pull? At what rpm did it make 720NM=540ft/lbs of torque? I personally have never seen data on a 6.6 LS marine engine that could make 540ft/lbs of torque naturaly aspirated yet, but I am all eyes and ears and I never say never. Tell us how you accomplished that please.

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 05-09-2012, 04:29 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bor
here a short vid of the dyno pull

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0k6r...layer_embedded

She's in !!

That is a bad ass motor, with awesome power numbers, what is the warranty and price on one of these? Should be great competition for merc and ilmors new motors
Old 05-11-2012, 12:16 PM
bor
Registered

Originally Posted by Raylar
Very nice numbers from a 6.6 LS engine, but I would like to see the actual dyno sheets showing the data and outputs for that torque number and dyno pull. The engine really was having a hard time on the dyno making torque down low and you could hear the big delay after the dyno brake loaded the engine and also how much time it took for that little LS to overcome the break and start making power and rpms. What was the rpms per second set at on that pull? At what rpm did it make 720NM=540ft/lbs of torque? I personally have never seen data on a 6.6 LS marine engine that could make 540ft/lbs of torque naturaly aspirated yet, but I am all eyes and ears and I never say never. Tell us how you accomplished that please.

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Here s a dyno sheet I have on my comp

I m not that technical to give you even detail ,
Old 05-11-2012, 12:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Sbarberdds
That is a bad ass motor, with awesome power numbers, what is the warranty and price on one of these? Should be great competition for merc and ilmors new motors
Looks way cool , Have fun and Safe Boating .
Old 05-11-2012, 12:37 PM
bor
Registered

Originally Posted by Sbarberdds
This is one custom build for me the builder is a friend of mine ,d ont know the cost if he build one for you and the warranty he give , this is his website www.appracingengines.com there you could contact him for prices.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael1
Those horsepower ratings are with tuned headers. That cam probably has too much overlap for a marine application.

Michael
I use to race this motor in a crate late and those numbers are produced with the stock cast iron manifolds that come with the motor. Overlap may be an issue, but I would have to see the cam card. The cam was not very aggressive at all due to the RPM rules and valve spring regulations. Should be fine with a set of CMI's or long/dry tail pipes on any other manifold.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.