Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Where ARE all the LSx motors hiding??? >

Where ARE all the LSx motors hiding???

Notices

Where ARE all the LSx motors hiding???

Old 11-30-2014, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

New LSx 454 GM crate motor. NA, 770 hp at 7000 rpm. Not very marine but cool anyhow. $20k. In CHP this month. .738 lift cam.
Old 11-30-2014, 02:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BUP
Dave, Mast is not that far from me plus I run into them twice a year at least in person. They were at SEMA as well. They have a Marine engine but its on the back burner. None to ship to you plus really kind of drop the whole thing. They wanted to do more leg work with it but are so busy with the auto side (a lot of Camaro related business) that they can care less about the marine side as of current.

Ilmor marine has a bunch of LS engines in all Mastercraft boats for the past 4 years. I would say a min of 5000 if not more total since then.

funny if you met Mast the owner, Horace Mast you would think no way this guy owns the company. He looks very young. Just saying not saying anything bad here. I will be running into them again in about 2 weeks and will see if anything is new for the marine side. Will report back plus their take on the oiling system. take care.
Thanks Bup..

That's the funny thing about people in general you never know who you are talking to or what their background is.

Makes sense if you only need to do auto to keep the fun machine fed why do marine? - but some guys have done really well "over here" - Teague, Alexi, Tommy etc...

I thought that's why they hired Scott mount from Ilmor - I wonder if Scott Mount is still there and if so is he off the program?

UD
Old 11-30-2014, 02:42 PM
bor
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

when I started my ls project somewhere in 2009 or 2010 I contacted Mast about there marine engine and they where almost ready back then but would not come out whit it after a lot of testing so I bought one of the first ecm package from Horace and used that on my ls marine engine had a lot of e mail back and forth on the calibration ( they where very helpful ) and keep looking at there site when they came out whit the marine version but never saw it .
As I m in europe it s hard to get parts here it all have to come from the us but you can now buy pretty much ls marine stuff if you do some search on the internet .
I have a friend here that have lot of experience whit the ls engine on the race track and know all of the things you have to do to let them last .
I m very happy whit mine and it pull hard have it had open for long times at 6500 rpm and have no problems whit ,however we have put in forged internals and made it dry sump .my new project is a twin engine cat and will get a pair of ls for sure maybe even the new Lt whit direct injection
Old 11-30-2014, 03:00 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

I talked to Scott at MAST about 3 years ago, the MAST marine engine(s) going forward and they were excited about it plus having Scott on board. Anyways have no idea if he is still there or moved on. I will ask. Also if I remember correctly that MAST marine engine was price close to 30 k but I could be wrong.

next MAST controllers ECM are from E-Controls from San Antonio Texas - this is the same company that supplies Volvo Penta and Indmar Marine with their ECM / PCM's. FYI.
Old 12-01-2014, 02:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why not do what Seven Marine did and use an LSA? Has anyone heard of any failures of those outboards? There's got to be a decent amount of them out there by now.
Old 12-01-2014, 03:27 PM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 12-01-2014, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 693 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by Neverfastenuf
uhmmm thats not a small block ls........
Old 12-01-2014, 06:44 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by phragle
uhmmm thats not a small block ls........
Sure isn't. Still it's a great pic anyway. Almost back on subject, I still don't get the get the carb on an LS thing. I mean ..WHY???
Old 12-01-2014, 06:46 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,335 Likes on 1,494 Posts

Why not ?

Old 12-01-2014, 06:49 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by SB
Why not ?

Cold start, hot start, hot/cold idle,. on the run tuning.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.