Where ARE all the LSx motors hiding???

Old 10-23-2011, 02:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JIMKID Motorsports
here is what they sound like gota love it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05UxJ...etailpage#t=1s
Wicked, saw the other vid as well.

That crew needs to refrain from the emotional outbursts.

UD
Old 10-23-2011, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the biggest reason people do not use LS engines to repower, is that they don't have the knowlege to to do it. If I didn't know much about LS engines and had to spend 20 grand to buy one, then pay some one to install it, I might look at other engines too.

For guys that build their own stuff, it makes perfect sense to use an LS. Light, strong, efficient, easy to work on, and dirt cheap.

The big down fall to me is the price of Exhaust manifolds, but all good builds need good manifolds, so I guess it's not that big of a deal.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
Wicked, saw the other vid as well.

That crew needs to refrain from the emotional outbursts.

UD
I thought the same thing. Are those guys even having fun? Lol.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:24 PM
Registered

Wouldn't this solve a lot of the after market issues in one purchase? Or there more to it?

http://www.lightningperformancegroup...ory-drive.html
Old 10-24-2011, 10:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bert4332
Wouldn't this solve a lot of the after market issues in one purchase? Or there more to it?

http://www.lightningperformancegroup...ory-drive.html

There is more to it.

Lots of LSX blocks dont have the same accessory mounting locations and require adding drilling and tapping hardpoints to mount onto.

Headers are hard to come by (cannot be found used) and Im uncertain you can even get good manifolds if you dont want to deal with replacing headers regularly.

Im not anti small block or LSX, I simply dont think this is the best way to skin a cat just yet.

Uncle Dave
Old 10-25-2011, 03:56 AM
Registered

i have a gm 350 ho block and heads vortec 330hp and had the rest of the stuff added and i had it since2004 and it still runs strong.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:57 AM
Registered

i have a gm 350 ho block and heads vortec 330hp and had the rest of the stuff added and i had it since2004 and it still runs strong.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 40 Posts

Well, now that Jeff has put this LS bug under my skin I think I might just have to start to develop a package.

For my boat I'm thinking of a LS with closed cooling and fully water jacketed Garret GT 3086's. With a conservative cam, and nice top end for reliability and longevity I see no reason why a set up like this could not be built for less than 10K ready to bolt up to a bravo style application.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 40 Posts

Market test: What would an appropriate price tag be for a 900+ twin turbo set up installed with a warranty? Single IO of course, Twins would of course double but some discount could be applied with the proper margins.

My thought on support is that as I already own a company that travels coast to coast I have a great feel as to what it takes to put a man in the field. Therefore, It would not be out of the question to offer a service plan where a tech could make a trip out to a customers boat and diagnose / make light repairs. If a repair requires the customer's boat to come into the shop the tech would be equipped with a tow vehicle that will do the job. My hope is that this will aid in ending the "Who will service this new package" problem.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like it!! Get with it.

Looking for investors...?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.