Outerlimits Offering Don Aronow Limited Edition SV43 >

Outerlimits Offering Don Aronow Limited Edition SV43

Notices

Outerlimits Offering Don Aronow Limited Edition SV43

Old 10-22-2011, 06:34 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 142 Likes on 51 Posts

Love it! great tribute to the new record holders and DA.
May be another manufacturer will come out next year and try to take the "1" back!
Old 10-22-2011, 06:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonic30ss
Love it! great tribute to the new record holders and DA.
May be another manufacturer will come out next year and try to take the "1" back!
What do you mean about take the 1 back I didn't realize they one the worlds in keywest or did they win the national title by points thats great for them.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:12 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 142 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by tony stamis
What do you mean about take the 1 back I didn't realize they one the worlds in keywest or did they win the national title by points thats great for them.
What I mean by it is; maybe it will have other mfgs looking seriously at the LI race as a venue to showcase their products. Take back the 1 is just a metaphor for coming out and beating OL in LI next year, thats it! no hidden agenda or innuendos.

I'm NOT in ANY WAY talking about the National points races.
Here is the problem the way I see it; it seems any comment that is pro endurace is taken as an insult by racers or fans of any other type of powerboat racing. Absolutely positively meant no disrespect to anyone in any other form of offshore racing or meant to take away from the accomplishment of winning a national championship.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:24 AM
Registered

Homage :: a show or demonstration of respect or dedication to someone or something, sometimes by simple declaration but often by some more oblique reference, artistic or poetic.

lets not over think it guys.......he may not have started OL but I am sure he influenced many guys industry wide who are here today......and OL is paying some Homage...
Old 10-22-2011, 07:27 AM
Registered

now if this logo was on the boat it would be odd......
Attached Images  
Old 10-22-2011, 08:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 2fast9tech2
I say this because, (again this is just me) if i had the money to purchase a boat (money is no object) it certainly wouldnt be an OL merely because of the dealings here on OSO.
:l olhit:
That's sad.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:29 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by iamjoe
This one is really funny............. cracked me up!

As for the boat, it certainly is a nice looking piece and being an OL, the build quality and performance will be right up there with anyone in the game.

With all of that said, it seems to be a matter and question of tradition more than anything. I personally don't see how you could file suit against OL because they are displaying the number 1 on their boat. As an exmaple, how many boat builders have displayed the words "world champion" on their boats. However, in the boating world the number 1 is tied to Cig as their logo, and Cig is historically known as "the company" tied to DA.

If it were me, I would have tried to come up with something that ties to DA while being original in hopes that it would be to OL what the number 1 is to Cig.
I agree here.. be original, dig deep into your DNA and come up with something to your brand. ALL Poor marketing in my eye's. Also get a nuetral, professional spokesman of better representation to support the company OL on line.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 816 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by Mastercraft240
:l olhit:
That's sad.
I agree it is sad. By default these companies develop "fanboys". In the end they do more harm than good. it reminds me of the BMW or Vw guys. People who think every product is far inferior to that in which they own. They always have a chip on there shoulder, it's hard to do anything other than disagree and fight with them. So again yes it is sad. Experiences here have left a bad taste in my mouth. I'd rather go do dealings with another company. Again just my opinion.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by chris@uga
I think the Outerlimits representative on this site does more harm that good, personally.
Dan had a rough start with his cheerleading attitude. No one can say he has not been better in the past couple months. The ranting on Dan is officially unwarranted. OL is building boats at least 4 boats that I know of, have you ever heard "no publicity is bad publicity"?

On a side note: Dan, boat looks great. If that is what MIKE ARONOW wanted and he gave you the legal rights to use it, god bless.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:56 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Mastercraft240
Dan had a rough start with his cheerleading attitude. No one can say he has not been better in the past couple months. The ranting on Dan is officially unwarranted. OL is building boats at least 4 boats that I know of, have you ever heard "no publicity is bad publicity"?

On a side note: Dan, boat looks great. If that is what MIKE ARONOW wanted and he gave you the legal rights to use it, god bless.
Marketing, cheerleeding, call it what you want. There are different brands for different reasons...if your brand works for you..great..but dont shove your brand up my azz and make it like every other brand is a pos...thats my point. I have nothing against OL boats, actually really like them, very innovative... just some of the representation at time to time I believe could be on a more professional level..Jeff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.