Outerlimits Offering Don Aronow Limited Edition SV43

Notices

Outerlimits Offering Don Aronow Limited Edition SV43

Old 10-22-2011, 02:34 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,405 Likes on 475 Posts

Originally Posted by Whipple Charged
Sorry, but Dan has done nothing on this post other than answer the questions posted or address the incorrect statements.

This thread was posted by Matt Trulio @ Speed on the Water. The article was detailed and informative. How you guys have twisted this thread about a tribute boat of one of the legendary boating figures into a malicious attack on Dan and OL is shocking to me.

Get this thread back on track and keep the comments about the tribute boat being offered.
i disagree, i made no comment on the boat. Michael Aronow is grown man and can choose who he wishes to make whatever, makes no difference to me.( for the record, I like the boat. couldn't care less about whose name is on it)
Dan consistently puts down other brands in public and in pms, they have all been sent around and to me does a disservice to anyone that asks questions about any boat, he interjects with pointless and irritating drivel where it need not be. To me, that makes him a forum douche and from the number of Pm's and phone calls that I have received saying "right on" I'm not the only one that feels that way. I personally stay away from nearly all outerlimits threads because of him. if an educated boat owner like myself avoids them, what do you think the person that may be considering one thinks?
Old 10-22-2011, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2fast9tech2
We'll have to agree to disagree. I won't buy a BMW for this exact reason. I don't want to be stereotyped for what I own...it's just that simple. They are awesome machines (BMW and OL) but I can't be bothered with the drama that surrounds them.
WOW, I have been inspired by this thread and specifically by the above quote to create my own "Limited Edition" boat for all the people that let "Internet Drama" dictate the Cars or Boats they do or don't purchase.

Here is the new logo....

Last edited by 78CIG24; 10-22-2011 at 03:23 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 03:34 PM
Registered

Received 304 Likes on 146 Posts

I think you cigarette owners should be delighted that the company who builds the best running vee's in the world would build a boat in honor of your founder.
Old 10-22-2011, 03:36 PM
Registered

Received 816 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by 78CIG24
WOW, I have been inspired by this thread and specifically by the above quote to create my own "Limited Edition" boat for all the people that let "Internet Drama" dictate the Cars or Boats they do or don't purchase.

Here is the new logo....

I'm afraid it's not just Internet drama. It's the general attitude/perception towards the people using the product. Everyone is entitled to there opinions and reasons for buying a product over another. Didn't know you were so concerned.
Old 10-22-2011, 03:40 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 394 Likes on 142 Posts

Wow, alot of drama, but this a business deal, pure and simple. They do say, that the SV43's run......
Nice boat.
Dean
Old 10-22-2011, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 304 Likes on 146 Posts

We'll have to agree to disagree. I won't buy a BMW for this exact reason. I don't want to be stereotyped for what I own...it's just that simple. They are awesome machines (BMW and OL) but I can't be bothered with the drama that surrounds them.
If you don't want to be stereotyped, then why do you drive that lexus??? I thought you were Jewish from the second I saw you behind the wheel.
Old 10-22-2011, 03:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 78CIG24

Here is the new logo....

Lmao!
Old 10-22-2011, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm afraid it's not just Internet drama. It's the general attitude/perception towards the people using the product. Everyone is entitled to there opinions and reasons for buying a product over another. Didn't know you were so concerned.
Don't mind me..."All my friends drive Porsches"..well, except one, he drives a BMW, or is it a MB?? :-)

Concerned??? The only thing that concerns me is my lack of attention to detail on the logo....I left out the dang "1"!!!

Fixed it.

Originally Posted by 302Sport
If you don't want to be stereotyped, then why do you drive that lexus??? I thought you were Jewish from the second I saw you behind the wheel.
OH NO!!...please don't talk about religion in this thread, then we would have to talk about politics...and then it will really get nasty!!

Instead, let's all kick back and watch a nice video of the "Joes" crossing the finish line in the OL and setting the record at Long Island...seems fitting for this thread...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98X6DYwOEow[/youtube]

P.S. If you have ADD skip to 8 min in the video to see that beautiful boat!!

Last edited by 78CIG24; 10-22-2011 at 04:07 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:32 PM
Registered

LMAO! Outerlimits announces a "special edition" boat to "honor" the founder of one of their key competitors. They even went so far as to include a photo of a Cigarette in the background of their rendering. Clearly this is no more than an obvious money-grab by Michael Aronow and a pretty poor marketing idea by OL.

When you've got half of OSO laughing at you, a company rep being called a douche, and the Banana Boat guy rushing to your defense, I'd call that a misfire!

There are a lot of brands that can claim a bit of Aronow in their lineage...OL aint one of em! Think they'll ever sell one?
Old 10-22-2011, 04:44 PM
Registered

“My immediate thought after the race was, ‘What would my father do?’” said Michael Aronow. “He would have built a prototype, entered it in the toughest ocean race around that was open to all manufactures, win the race and then immediately put the boat into production for the public.

“Outerlimits is at the forefront of the high-performance industry, and they proved it by setting a new record in the Around Long Island race,” he added.

“We are honored to be able to use the Aronow name and that Michael thinks so highly of our company,” said Fiore. “Coming from his family’s background in the industry, that’s quite an honor.”

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.