Outerlimits Offering Don Aronow Limited Edition SV43 >

Outerlimits Offering Don Aronow Limited Edition SV43

Notices

Outerlimits Offering Don Aronow Limited Edition SV43

Old 10-23-2011, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scarab63
Ha. Cadillac cimeron was the best odd ball flop I could think of.

again if any of my connect the dot assumptions are way off base or out of line, someone please feel free to call me out or correct me.
I think your "Whatevertheheckname" Marathon version with extra fuel tanks is spot on, and a great idea, in concept.

Sadly though, most people that buy "Limited Editions", replicas, etc, are posers and would never use or need the extra fuel capacity. People that would use that capacity typically want to make their own "history".

Oh, no offense meant to anyone about the Poser comment, just my observation over many decades.

Dave
Old 10-23-2011, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All this cross branding is getting silly. I can understand some of the old Don Johnson Edition KV Scarabs, Reggie Special Signature Edition Fountain's, Donzi Aronow Edition 22's – (licensing issues prod. cut at 6) and even the Cigarette Playboy Edition but some of these editions are just whoring. Even the new Cigarette Ducati Special Edition and the Cigarette AMG Special Edition just seem more like OCC reality tv marketing.

Starting to become a re-run of Shelby doing Pit Stop Deodarant, Chili Fixins , Shelby Donzi's, etc.. and even a Shelby Edition Dodge Omni. I thought the bottom for boat companies was when Donzi made a Special Edition Les Paul Guitar …

If Michael Aronow had direct input and design involvement with the original 43OL build from the start it would be easier to buy in but just giving the okay on paint and interior sketches seems like a total money grab and a disrespectful move on the DA name and legacy.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:21 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 3,041 Likes on 1,382 Posts

Originally Posted by woogie
All this cross branding is getting silly. I can understand some of the old Don Johnson Edition KV Scarabs, Reggie Special Signature Edition Fountain's, Donzi Aronow Edition 22's – (licensing issues prod. cut at 6) and even the Cigarette Playboy Edition but some of these editions are just whoring. Even the new Cigarette Ducati Special Edition and the Cigarette AMG Special Edition just seem more like OCC reality tv marketing.

Starting to become a re-run of Shelby doing Pit Stop Deodarant, Chili Fixins , Shelby Donzi's, etc.. and even a Shelby Edition Dodge Omni. I thought the bottom for boat companies was when Donzi made a Special Edition Les Paul Guitar …

If Michael Aronow had direct input and design involvement with the original 43OL build from the start it would be easier to buy in but just giving the okay on paint and interior sketches seems like a total money grab and a disrespectful move on the DA name and legacy.
Respectfully disagree for one reason: At least boat builders who are cross-branding are trying to stimulate sales. The end product might not appeal to you, but it might appeal to someone else who isn't already a go-fast boat enthusiast or owner.

They're trying to stimulate sales. If you follow this industry, and I'm sure you do, you know that new performance-boat sales are not strong these days.

And guys (and gals), I don't think I'm revealing any profound marketing/packaging secrets when I say what makes most "special editions" of most products "special" is their cosmetics.

Last, I love these discussions and I wouldn't do a thing to change them. But I do wonder why they go so quickly from passionate to personal. Just sayin'.

Last edited by Matt Trulio; 10-23-2011 at 01:24 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I understand what you are saying..while I didn't ever think the Ducati version would have Ducati engines...I was surprised the AMG version didn't have some of their engines.

At least when Porsche did their "Porsche Design" boat stuff years ago with Kineo...they used Porsche engines in them....

Along with some unique Porsche Design features most will never notice. The flush flip out Swim Platform on this was brilliant.

FYI, Mr. Shelby cooks up some Kicka$$ chili !!

Old 10-23-2011, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

For once I disagree with Matt Trulio. I think this is one of the best posts on this thread. Donzi flooded it's line-up with special editions that hold no special value because there are so many of them and the max power offered in the Shelby 22 Classic was a stock 496 HO. The only performance enhancements were an air scoop and raised "X". Also, TTBOMK, the Donzi guitar wasn't even a "real" Les Paul but was the imported version.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:28 PM
Registered

WOW! my head is spinning!!
19 pages and its not about (dare I say) Apache
Old 10-23-2011, 02:37 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmic12
WOW! my head is spinning!!
19 pages and its not about (dare I say) Apache
AaaaaHaaaa! LOL!!! Let's see that OL run this water! LOL!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niwjMgDl02k
Old 10-23-2011, 03:35 PM
Registered

Off Topic but I could watch that video all day

NK
Old 10-23-2011, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
Off Topic but I could watch that video all day

NK
Helz yeah, me too! What a concept, not dubbing music over it...
Old 10-23-2011, 04:19 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 3,041 Likes on 1,382 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
For once I disagree with Matt Trulio. I think this is one of the best posts on this thread. Donzi flooded it's line-up with special editions that hold no special value because there are so many of them and the max power offered in the Shelby 22 Classic was a stock 496 HO. The only performance enhancements were an air scoop and raised "X". Also, TTBOMK, the Donzi guitar wasn't even a "real" Les Paul but was the imported version.
And I'm good with that. Disagreement is healthy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.