Outerlimits Offering Don Aronow Limited Edition SV43

Notices

Outerlimits Offering Don Aronow Limited Edition SV43

Old 10-24-2011, 05:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by OL40SVX
No one knew the impact that Ethanol would of had on the fuel bladders or fiberglass resin tanks. I've talked to every customer if they have a bladder issue or had one. That post was directed to Paul since he has an issue with bladders. Thats why I quoted his post.
Dan, I don't have an issue with bladders, but heard that ther were multiple boats down because of it and was merely pointing out that no one boat builder is without flaws.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How did Skater handle all the issues they had and continue to have with their fuel tanks as a result of ethanol. Did Skater pay for the repairs or chaarge the customer. Was it Outerlimits and skaters fault that the govt mandated the use of ethanol.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:36 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by pm203
Dan, I don't have an issue with bladders, but heard that ther were multiple boats down because of it and was merely pointing out that no one boat builder is without flaws.
The boats if they have an issue, yes would be down for a few week repair. And yes not every boat is perfect. None of the new vee bottoms have a bladder as the fuel tank is either aluminum or integrated with the hull.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

Just curious but how exactly do you integrate a tank into the hull?
Old 10-24-2011, 05:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by OL40SVX
The boats if they have an issue, yes would be down for a few week repair. And yes not every boat is perfect. None of the new vee bottoms have a bladder as the fuel tank is either aluminum or integrated with the hull.
That's great and good to know. Thank you.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:43 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,171 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by Mastercraft240
Heard 1st hand one 399 ran so crappy all the test time in the world wouldn't make it run right. Also remember YP saying it got uncontrollable at 120 twice During shootout?
And when we looked at ordering one for an interested customer when they first came out Pete told us that the first one (a race boat) was running 110-115 with 525s, who am I going to believe you or Peter? C'mon Jay
Old 10-24-2011, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jassman
I don't know if it has been said before,... WOW.. arogant comments like these only hurt OL in the long run. If it's the customers option or not like you state...it is the companies responsibility to make sure the product that they offer is suitable over the long haul....Man, you just don't get it..it's all about the service after the fact...it's called long term job security....for you and everyone employed at OL. Think before you speak. I am shocked that Mike let's an employee represent HIS company in this matter...Jeff
I'm not speaking for mike, but I don't think mike cares too much about OSO. He has a quality product that he continues to improve, always at the forefront of technology, and continues to have new boat sales. OSO represents a very small portion of the high performance industry and even smaller portion of people with the capabilities of purchasing a new OL. This is not to say Dan doesn't need PR help, because he certainly does, Dan call Jess... She'll help you out... But OL hasn't suffered since dans joined.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Bostonirish
Just curious but how exactly do you integrate a tank into the hull?
It's part of the monocoque grid system that Outerlimits utilizes in the 43/44 hulls. The grid is typically made out of carbon then coated with ethonal resistant resins to enhance durability.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
I don't know if it has been said before,... WOW.. arogant comments like these only hurt OL in the long run. If it's the customers option or not like you state...it is the companies responsibility to make sure the product that they offer is suitable over the long haul....Man, you just don't get it..it's all about the service after the fact...it's called long term job security....for you and everyone employed at OL. Think before you speak. I am shocked that Mike let's an employee represent HIS company in this matter...Jeff
This guy works for OL? Wow......absolutely wouldn't allow that if I was Mike. Maybe Mike doesn't know?
Old 10-24-2011, 05:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Enough 4 Play
How did Skater handle all the issues they had and continue to have with their fuel tanks as a result of ethanol. Did Skater pay for the repairs or chaarge the customer. Was it Outerlimits and skaters fault that the govt mandated the use of ethanol.
Dont know that answer, but Im sure you do...LOL...Let me ask this... why dont you hear any problems from other quality companies, like NT, Sunsation, AT, Hustler...etc.. where the lightest piece of equipment used = a faster speed..is not that important approach to them...these other companies I listed feel are giving customers something that has always worked..dont change it rule of thumb..somewhat old school...and ok by the masses..where OL...is always pushing the envelope, speed is priority one...nothing wrong with that at all in my book...my point is simple, stand behind it. No excuses..if you are told this is one of the best technical laid up boats out there, ...do as you represent. Jeff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.