Outerlimits Offering Don Aronow Limited Edition SV43

Notices

Outerlimits Offering Don Aronow Limited Edition SV43

Old 10-26-2011, 11:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Can we have a Ben Kramer edition next month too?
yes but Reggie has to build it
Old 10-27-2011, 01:41 AM
Registered

Received 693 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyenBrian
Don't screw this thread up with a bunch of damn logic or facts.
Beyond a doubt, the first time I have EVER been accused of that..... So much for my reputation
Old 10-27-2011, 04:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
One of the first things I learned when I was introduced to the go fast world was that Don was the man and pretty much every go fast boat brand out there was a splash of one of Dons boats in one way shape or form. It seems only fitting to me that other brands pay homage to him.

Rick G ... "I think it makes absolutely no sense for a builder to offer a boat in honor of another builder especially given the fact that if that builder were still alive he would be a fierce competetor and given his track record still winning." To me thats kinda the point of all this.... he would still be a fierce competitor and given his track record, he would be on his 20th company by now ... and all of them would be wonderful but since he's not still around, they are honoring his vision of continuing to advance the product.

Don Aronow, according to those who knew him, was unlike any other.... that is why he is getting the tribute. I'm surprised at how many go fast boaters dont see that... regardless of your personal favorite brand.....
Exactly what I am saying..........thanks Racegirl......
Old 10-27-2011, 06:25 AM
Registered

Wink

Originally Posted by SS930
I wouldn't go that far, but I am VERY impressed with the numbers those SV43's run. I've run with them a couple of times and they flat out haul azz for their size!

As Steve just mentioned, at FR he couldn't reel in that 43 with his Ilmor powered 32B Skater... IMO that's pretty damn impressive that the significantly smaller skater with 710 Ilmors couldn't reel in the much larger vee with 725 Ilmors in decent water. Those 43's run!!!
STEVE and SCOTT I thought DAN and his fathers boat had the 650 v 10s?? Dan and his father have owned a lot of different boats over the years a lot.Tank if you met him you would like Dan. I don't think Mike F has anytime to see whats up here. everytime I've been to OL, MIKE is either working on a boat, testing a boat, working with a customer, running over to the engine shop. but will take the time to answer a question or show you whats the latest project. it must be winter.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:39 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
STEVE and SCOTT I thought DAN and his fathers boat had the 650 v 10s?? Dan and his father have owned a lot of different boats over the years a lot.Tank if you met him you would like Dan. I don't think Mike F has anytime to see whats up here. everytime I've been to OL, MIKE is either working on a boat, testing a boat, working with a customer, running over to the engine shop. but will take the time to answer a question or show you whats the latest project. it must be winter.
Art,
Ken's 40 does have 650's as I recall, but Steve and I were referring to the 43 with the 725's, not Ken's boat. I think Ken's will run a tick over 110 though, which is very impressive given the boat only has 650's in it!
Old 10-27-2011, 06:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 2fast9tech2
We'll have to agree to disagree. I won't buy a BMW for this exact reason. I don't want to be stereotyped for what I own...it's just that simple. They are awesome machines (BMW and OL) but I can't be bothered with the drama that surrounds them.
we owned a BMW CONV 325 for 12years, loved it went through 3 roofs and put 250,000 miles on it. the last 2 years I had it ,I used it to haul my rugs/pad/ lino around on my side jobs. my father wouldn't let me use a company truck, on my side jobs. I could carry 3 rolls of 6' pad with the top down = 120yds. or 3rooms of rug or 50yds of vinly flooring. it was fun I had a f250 ext cab 4x4 too, but the BMW was better on gas. Art
Old 10-27-2011, 07:03 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

It should have been offered by Cigarette or Formula or Donzi (if they were in better shape right now).

There is also going to be a Howard Pipkorn special edition Checkmate!
Old 10-27-2011, 07:28 AM
Registered

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by OldSchoolKV
LMAO! Outerlimits announces a "special edition" boat to "honor" the founder of one of their key competitors. They even went so far as to include a photo of a Cigarette in the background of their rendering. Clearly this is no more than an obvious money-grab by Michael Aronow and a pretty poor marketing idea by OL.

When you've got half of OSO laughing at you, a company rep being called a douche, and the Banana Boat guy rushing to your defense, I'd call that a misfire!

There are a lot of brands that can claim a bit of Aronow in their lineage...OL aint one of em! Think they'll ever sell one?
yep I do think they will sell some. I don't see half of oso laughing at OL, just about 10 or 12 guys busting balls. who have there own opinion ,thats there right. there's also 10 or 12 or more that like the idea. OL was not around when Don last owned cig in what 1982.I guess your best friends with MIKE A, since you know he is doing it for just the money, and douche's your the only one I see here.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
One of the first things I learned when I was introduced to the go fast world was that Don was the man and pretty much every go fast boat brand out there was a splash of one of Dons boats in one way shape or form. It seems only fitting to me that other brands pay homage to him.

Rick G ... "I think it makes absolutely no sense for a builder to offer a boat in honor of another builder especially given the fact that if that builder were still alive he would be a fierce competetor and given his track record still winning." To me thats kinda the point of all this.... he would still be a fierce competitor and given his track record, he would be on his 20th company by now ... and all of them would be wonderful but since he's not still around, they are honoring his vision of continuing to advance the product.

Don Aronow, according to those who knew him, was unlike any other.... that is why he is getting the tribute. I'm surprised at how many go fast boaters dont see that... regardless of your personal favorite brand.....

Nice post RG!
Old 10-27-2011, 07:37 AM
Registered

Thumbs down

[QUOTE=OldSchoolKV;3534053]
Originally Posted by stainless

Oh, you mean the boat that says Cigarette on the side? Yeah, but you get the idea. Maybe for the next OL special edition they can use a photo of an old Excalibur that says Fountain on it and use it to honor Reggie? Hey if RF Powerboats doesn't want to invest in tooling right now, why not follow in the footsteps of the Aronow family and just license the name? My point is, these brands have heritage and when you whore out your name to the highest (or...only) bidder, you diminish it.
whoring it out. don't forget fountain and cig both had skater build there best boats fastest for cig. so I guess there whores too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.