Outerlimits Offering Don Aronow Limited Edition SV43 >

Outerlimits Offering Don Aronow Limited Edition SV43

Notices

Outerlimits Offering Don Aronow Limited Edition SV43

Old 10-21-2011, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by pm203
Didn't he have a 35 that ran 100+ with 525,s?
Paul, were talking 43ft boats here, which is what the new Don Aronow boat is, not 35 footers.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OL40SVX
Paul, were talking 43ft boats here, which is what the new Don Aronow boat is, not 32 footers.
Fixed.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm more confused than the bottom of that boat. Isn't Sonic building an Aronow 47?
Old 10-21-2011, 07:43 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Back from dinner and I can't believe that the issue is the number on the boat.

Let's remember who we are talking about....Don Aronow!! Founder of Formula, Donzi, Magnum, (partner in Cary), Cigarette, Squadron XII, USA Racing....among others.

The man won the right to have the number one. He didn't buy it or have it given to him. When he was World Champion, he had that number on his Magnum and Cary race boats....see below.

Also notice how many other names are on the boats...the Magnum has Magnum - Donzi and the Cary has Magnum on it. His Formula 233, his Magnum 27 and his Cary 32 all carried the name of the famous 30's rum runner from Brooklyn...The Cigarette.....is it ok to talk about real historical facts here??

His son was a land crew member during those World Championship seasons, drivng the race boats all over Europe to the various race sites. This is something he is doing to honor his dad and relive in a sense, his own history......and the talk is about the number??? Give me a break!! Who else deserves the right to use that number??

As far as the engines, one of the things Don loved to do was beat everyone by using less HP than everyone else had. This boat, from what I understand with the 525's should be just inside the triple digits.....anybody else out there can do that??
That little "1" is what this whole sport is all about, as you know. It's actually offensive that they would use the name on the boat. Im not argiung with you at all. Charlie, we ve always had great conversations but it would be like me starting a cat building company and making a Pete or Randy edition.... it's just not kosher

Last edited by DollaBill; 10-21-2011 at 07:45 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Or, maybe Don would be pissed that his son sold out the# 1 to one of Cigarettes current competitors. There is something that is just odd about it.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:51 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Originally Posted by pm203
Or, maybe Don would be pissed that his son sold out the# 1 to one of Cigarettes current competitors. There is something that is just odd about it.
Exactly. And this "dan" kid OL40$xCS676s or watever the hell he is is pm'img me about how Mike has the right to do what he pleases and he CHOSE OL to represent the Aronow name. Im gona go puke. LMAO
Old 10-21-2011, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Let's remember who we are talking about....Don Aronow!!?
It appears that we are actually talking about his estate/son who may be licensing the rights to Frisini/Donzi/OL for Aronow editions. No? It would stand to reason that there would be multiple companies that had origins based upon Don's companies that could make the same claim. I too think it is slightly odd to see a Magnum/Cigarette like graphic package on an Outerlimits, but it is a sharp looking rig.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by DollaBill
Exactly. And this "dan" kid OL40$xCS676s or watever the hell he is is pm'img me about how Mike has the right to do what he pleases and he CHOSE OL to represent the Aronow name. Im gona go puke. LMAO
Honestly, it is kind of sad and funny at the same time. Odd, very odd.
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DollaBill
All you had to do was read the press release that Matt wrote. It was written pretty clearly. Back to the topic on hand.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:56 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Originally Posted by OL40SVX
All you had to do was read the press release that Matt wrote. It was written pretty clearly. Back to the topic on hand.
Tell you what Jr, I'll call matt. F the release. Jackoff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.