Outerlimits Offering Don Aronow Limited Edition SV43 >

Outerlimits Offering Don Aronow Limited Edition SV43

Notices

Outerlimits Offering Don Aronow Limited Edition SV43

Old 10-21-2011, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
Say what you will about the bottom and bussle, but it would appear that hull is about the best running and fastest vee out there right now. After seeing one in person, IMO it's one of the sexiest vee's on the water too.

With that said, I also find this marketing marriage a little strange... and almost degrading to OL! J/K Ciggy fans...
It does look nice.

Last edited by ActiveThunder; 10-21-2011 at 08:30 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I cant imagine that OL gets to paste that name on their boat for free.

This probably has more to do with this symbol.....$$.......than it has to do with heritage, history, Don's wishes or anything else.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your Screen name say's it all
Old 10-21-2011, 08:29 PM
Gold Member

beautiful boat but its kinda like putting the camaro hockey stripes on a mustang the one good thing i can see possibly coming out of this is hopefully there will be some guys showing up to the arnow memorial race with their cigs to compete next year
Old 10-21-2011, 08:30 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tony stamis
Your Screen name say's it all
L M Balls Off
Old 10-21-2011, 08:32 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 3,041 Likes on 1,382 Posts

Re-reading my article won't help you guys with the questions you've raised on copyright infringement. What I wrote about was the plans of Michael Aronow and Michael Fiore to release a Don Aronow Limited Edition Outerlimits. Nothing more and or less. (And I did list the 525EFI engines as base power ... I even started the sentence with "Base power is ..." Then again, it's Friday and it can be very hard to read with beer goggles.)

I am not a lawyer, something that—all apologies to my attorney cousin who is one of my best friends—I take pride in. Copyright is complex. For example, the use of the "1" everyone is talking about may (or may not) only be copyright infringement if it's used with the words "Cigarette World Champion." A different font for the "1' than the one used by Cigarette could be enough for it not to be infringement. I have no idea.

But I do know that Michael Fiore and Michael Aronow were inspired by what Joe Cibellis and Joe Sgro did in a SV43 Outerlimits in the Don Aronow Memorial Around Long Island race. That's what I know.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:33 PM
Registered

So it's basically just a paint job?

I wonder how much cheaper it would be to buy a white 43 OL and have it painted in this theme yourself rather than buying an "edition" boat?
Old 10-21-2011, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 413 Likes on 231 Posts

Wow, I have to scratch me head over this one... Very cool boat but, Just dont quit grasp the idea.....
Jr.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:40 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,278 Likes on 559 Posts

Can we have a Ben Kramer edition next month too?
Old 10-21-2011, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
So let's see a 525 boat and get the numbers. Sound fair?

But then let's go around some pins like Car and Driver does and measure g-force before spin out.
Pat,
Are you suggesting the hull isn't that fast? If so, please name another true 38+ foot offshore vee (hell, make 36'+) that comes close to running with this 43 with equal power.

And while I agree any stepped hull boat if pushed too hard while turning will spin (there's a 37 AT around the corner from me to prove it!), I'm yet to see one of these 43's spin. Furthermore, what's the point of running around 'pins' and measuring g's in a boat like this? If someone is looking to run around in circles IMO they should be looking at another type of boat... Again IMO, boats like your AT's and these OL's are meant for open water running, not running around a skid-pad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.