Outerlimits Offering Don Aronow Limited Edition SV43 >

Outerlimits Offering Don Aronow Limited Edition SV43

Notices

Outerlimits Offering Don Aronow Limited Edition SV43

Old 10-21-2011, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 747 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by OL40SVX
If you don't think Don would have utilized technology to it's fullest if he was still around building boats you are sadly mistaken. Don was an innovator. Just look at all the boat companies and different designs he created.
I think he was more of an opportunist.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think its a great idea, and wish OL the best! Many of you may not really understand who DA was and how he thought about business. Its very easy to see whats on the surface of his history. Fast boats, wins, etc. What I have studied about DA as an undergraduate student in business is his interests are far beyond just those items that everyone sees or wants to see.

For example, Don was a business man. I think he would enjoy the idea of his Son bringing attention to the family name as well as the progression of offshore boating. He was mature in his business ideas and therefore wouldn't be upset that skip didn't take the chance. Someone did and that is most important.

525 hp. THis is a great choice, to show off how fast a base powered boat runs on 87 octane and a warranty! These mills will run forever at 6250 or whatever they rpm. This would lower costs and increase sales - A DA must have for any business. Back in the 70s 80s when cigarettes where selling like hot cakes, the boats that where most selling where not the extravagant 3a 700hp boats, it was the base TRS 260 0r 330 hp, those got the sales and kept the business going and people employed.

Does it seem like OL jumped the shark a little? who knows, but their rigging, style and tech have come very far.

keep in mind many manufactures have used their competitors to build boats. I know many fountains that where built at the skater plant, even one special cigarette, the fastest cig was made in douglas.

Good luck OL, MA, et al. Don would be proud.

Last edited by TOASTY; 10-21-2011 at 09:37 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TBAG
Thats it.....make a liar out of me with facts . LOL
Old 10-21-2011, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=OL40SVX;3533447]Skip has no rights to the name Don Aronow. Problem solved. It's been a pleasure to work with Michael Aronow and making this boat

Last edited by innerrage; 10-21-2011 at 10:07 PM. Reason: posted wrong
Old 10-21-2011, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Can we have a Ben Kramer edition next month too?

If Active Thunder did that I might be interested. You could have secret storage areas in the cuddy.

As for the rest you guys are reading to much into this.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by innerrage
wow i did not no dan owned outerlimits,congratuations on the new boat and working with mike a,wow i thought mike f owned the company, wrong again i guess he is a employee or a salesmen.good luck with the boat great color dan,
Mike Fiore is the owner and creator of Outerlimits Powerboats. I don't own or never said I own the company. My paycheck every week does say Outerlimits Offshore Powerboats though. Carry on.......
Old 10-21-2011, 10:12 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Can we have a Ben Kramer edition next month too?

And while we're building awkwardly named tribute boats, make it a center console cat
Old 10-21-2011, 10:19 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 3,041 Likes on 1,382 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
And while we're building awkwardly named tribute boats, make it a center console cat
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe one of the first boats Don Aronow produced (by the way, he hired designers ... I'm not sure that he actually designed a boat) was ... a center console.

That's what we call "full circle," my friends.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:26 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Due to my lack of attention span, I stopped reading after page 3, so if what I'm saying was already said, then I apologize. Why would anyone have a problem with Outerlimits doing this project, especially with the blessing of Don's son? I know it's a business deal, but why not Outerlimits? They have been a stand-up company for many years now and they have earned the right to represent the Aronow name. OL builds boats that, in my opinion, Don would be very proud of. I just wish he was still around to tell us. Good luck OL, keep up the good work.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:36 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe one of the first boats Don Aronow produced (by the way, he hired designers ... I'm not sure that he actually designed a boat) was ... a center console.

That's what we call "full circle," my friends.
You're definitely not wrong because I don't think there's a specific "style" of boat that Don didn't build.

He built everything from 16-40+ foot cruisers, runabouts, performance boats, cats, & center consoles with his various companies.... some nice, and some ugly as hell that ran terrible.

I think the issue here is that he's most attributed with building Cigarette's to the majority, so Outerlimits building a tribute boat to him just seems odd to some.

It makes no difference to me what the hell they put his name on, because if he were around & still wanted to be the fastest man on the water, he'd be in a cat going "full circle" around all of his former antiquated designs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.