Outerlimits Offering Don Aronow Limited Edition SV43 >

Outerlimits Offering Don Aronow Limited Edition SV43

Notices

Outerlimits Offering Don Aronow Limited Edition SV43

Old 10-21-2011, 10:41 PM
Registered

Received 816 Likes on 382 Posts

Little off topic:

This is just an observation, but its threads like these that really hurt/tarnish the OL image. Whenever the word "Outerlimit's" comes up in a thread its usually followed by constant bickering, fighting, disagreements, etc usually started by select individuals. Its a little disheartening because I am sure Mike F. and company work there a$$e$ off to create a reputable brand not to mention awesome performance boat.

I say this because, (again this is just me) if i had the money to purchase a boat (money is no object) it certainly wouldnt be an OL merely because of the dealings here on OSO. Its sad but true. The attitude(s) brought forward here are not constructive nor respectful. It would lead an unsuspecting buyer(s) to think that this is how the entire company functions. i know this is not the case but reading threads on here would prove otherwise...just my 0.02
Old 10-21-2011, 10:53 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2fast9tech2
Little off topic:

This is just an observation, but its threads like these that really hurt/tarnish the OL image. Whenever the word "Outerlimit's" comes up in a thread its usually followed by constant bickering, fighting, disagreements, etc usually started by select individuals. Its a little disheartening because I am sure Mike F. and company work there a$$e$ off to create a reputable brand not to mention awesome performance boat.

I say this because, (again this is just me) if i had the money to purchase a boat (money is no object) it certainly wouldnt be an OL merely because of the dealings here on OSO. Its sad but true. The attitude(s) brought forward here are not constructive nor respectful. It would lead an unsuspecting buyer(s) to think that this is how the entire company functions. i know this is not the case but reading threads on here would prove otherwise...just my 0.02
Good point. I never looked at it like that. But with that said, I wouldn't go by the opinion of someone that is just bashing an entire manafacturer. About 10 or 12 years ago I went on a 37 OL, ( Lets Rock ), what a freekin animal. That boat crashed through anything, and now they're even better. I would never say anything bad about an OL, and I hope to one day buy one. (Now that I think about it, it may have been longer than 12 years ago)
Old 10-21-2011, 10:56 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2fast9tech2

I say this because, (again this is just me) if i had the money to purchase a boat (money is no object) it certainly wouldnt be an OL merely because of the dealings here on OSO. Its sad but true.
If you decided not to buy an Outerlimits because of the baseless speculation from a few random, probably boatless, people on OSO that have possibly never even seen one, you'd be selling yourself severely short.

I'd hope you'd do a little more homework than trusting some random screen name on the internet as the gospel before dropping $1 million on a powerboat of any kind.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:07 PM
Registered

I think the Outerlimits representative on this site does more harm that good, personally.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:28 PM
Registered

Curious when was the last time Cigarette earned a "1"?

If I learned one thing reading about Don was it was all about business. He dumped his boat companies quicker than most guys dump woman and always came out ahead. I bet he would be proud of Michael for striking a deal like this. Bottomline is OL is out there doing battle on the race course far more than Cig.

Seems to me like OL just beat Cigarette to the punch...a typical "Don" move if there ever was one!

Hows this - why doesn't cig and OL battle it out offshore, winner take all! (okay just the Aronow special edition)

Last edited by fantastixvoyage; 10-21-2011 at 11:38 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:40 PM
Registered

Received 816 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
If you decided not to buy an Outerlimits because of the baseless speculation from a few random, probably boatless, people on OSO that have possibly never even seen one, you'd be selling yourself severely short.

I'd hope you'd do a little more homework than trusting some random screen name on the internet as the gospel before dropping $1 million on a powerboat of any kind.
it doesnt have to do with speculation. i know OL is probably one of the best powerboats made...for me it has to do with ego and perspective.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:59 PM
Registered

Received 379 Likes on 127 Posts

This stunt would be like Lamborghini coming out with a red Enzo Ferrari themed car complete with prancing horses on the sides decades after he passed while the two companies were still bitter rivals in a bad economy. Even if they did get permission from one of his children, it would still strike a lot of people as being disrespectful to a legendary brand that so many people worked so hard to build up beyond the founder himself.

This DA themed boat with a (1) on the sides does not raise my image of OL in any way. In fact, as others have pointed out, it leaves me scratching my head wondering why they would pull such a stunt when they are finally sitting atop the V bottom racing world and should be far above making such gaffs. Build your own brand image for having the fastest V bottoms on the planet and leave the memory of Don Aronow and the (1) logo with Cigarette where it has been in good hands for the last 40 years. IMO
Old 10-22-2011, 12:32 AM
Registered

No doubt the boat rendering is slick. The thought of honoring DA is great idea. Making a themed Outerlimits DA boat does seem a little wierd to me as well.

Have CRT build a fountain tribute model, with the famous fountain logo and paint scheme. Reggie frequents this board, we can ask him how he would feel about it.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:37 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage
Curious when was the last time Cigarette earned a "1"?

Evolution Class

1. #10 Cigarette Smash Poker (Luca Formilli Fendi / Matteo Nicolini) 00:54:47.75
2. #33 Furnibo (Frank Hemelaer / Pierre Colpin) 00:55:49.19
3. #53 Metamarine Pignolo 53 (Marco Pennesi / Max Ferrari) 00:57:40.25
4. #47 Silverline (Jan Falkowski / Drew Langdon) 00:55:49.85
5. #77 Lucas Oil Outerlimits (Joe Sgro / Nigel Hook / Mike Fiore) 00:55:53.70
6. #66 Cranefield Wines (Siegfried Greve / Gino Passchier) RETIRED
7. #88 SNAV OSG (Hannes Bohinc / Giovanni Carpitella) DID NOT START

1. #10 Cigarette Smash Poker 81
2. #33 Furnibo 90
3. #53 Metamarine Pignolo 53 0
4. #47 Silverline 73
5. #77 Lucas Oil Outerlimits 100
6. #66 Cranefield Wines 66
7. #88 SNAV OSG 0
http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forum...hp/t-7843.html

http://www.whipplesuperchargers.com/...p?articleID=83

Bottomline is OL is out there doing battle on the race course far more than Cig.

"In the end, it was Cigarette SMASH POKER ahead by 53 seconds while the Outerlimits LUCAS OIL “was making painfully slow progress according to P1 Radio announcer, Steve Ancsell, and failed to achieve its 11 laps by the end of the race.

Old 10-22-2011, 06:31 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
Next month they will offer the boat with vertical stripes and call it the "Ben Kramer" edition
This one is really funny............. cracked me up!

As for the boat, it certainly is a nice looking piece and being an OL, the build quality and performance will be right up there with anyone in the game.

With all of that said, it seems to be a matter and question of tradition more than anything. I personally don't see how you could file suit against OL because they are displaying the number 1 on their boat. As an exmaple, how many boat builders have displayed the words "world champion" on their boats. However, in the boating world the number 1 is tied to Cig as their logo, and Cig is historically known as "the company" tied to DA.

If it were me, I would have tried to come up with something that ties to DA while being original in hopes that it would be to OL what the number 1 is to Cig.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.