Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Got first go fast boat, go fast boat 101? >

Got first go fast boat, go fast boat 101?

Notices

Got first go fast boat, go fast boat 101?

Old 11-29-2011, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

We got it to just over 70 on a fairly cold day with a half tank of fuel, totally glassy water, without really giving it a good run. Pretty short WOT burst. So I'm excited to see what I get with a longer run and a bit of chop.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:44 PM
Registered

Received 247 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain YARRR
We got it to just over 70 on a fairly cold day with a half tank of fuel,
GPS?
Old 11-29-2011, 01:56 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Great looking boat, congrats!
Old 11-29-2011, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We got it to just over 70 on a fairly cold day with a half tank of fuel, totally glassy water, without really giving it a good run. Pretty short WOT burst. So I'm excited to see what I get with a longer run and a bit of chop.
light load and chop it should run 70 gps. Maybe 71 with some tailwind. Drill out the pitot and your passengers will see your going 80 LOL.

Nice looking ride.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 763 Likes on 412 Posts

If you have the 6.2's it will run upper 60's most days in the summer with a typical passenger and fuel load. They can hit low 70's in good water/weather/load conditions.

Being this is your first boat with twins, I'd suggest spending time around an object that won't hurt the boat if you hit it (such as a no wake marker) and practice manuevering the boat without touching the steering wheel. There is no substitution for seat time. If initially you can find an experienced person to ride with you to give you tips on tab and trim settings as well as angle of attack/throttling over waves that will be a big help.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey everyone,

Just bought a 32' Sunsation Dominator MCOB with twin small blocks on Thanksgiving. Lots to be thankful for I suppose! I am moving from a 22' Monterey open bow with a 5.7.

So, what do I need to know about this boat before it's an expensive mistake? Share me some gems of knowledge that I may not know from having a smaller single engine boat. I already know the basic boat owner stuff, but this is definitely a different animal.

I am excited for a spin next weekend!
Congrats on the new boat. Very nice boat.
I had my eye on that very boat when it was on EBay. I talked to the owner a few times as well. Seemed like a good guy. I ended up buying the blue 06 MCOB that was for sale in Kemah. Glad to know the boat is in Texas now!! Look forward to seeing you at Travis this summer!