Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Best portable battery jump pack / jump box / jumpbox ? >

Best portable battery jump pack / jump box / jumpbox ?

Notices

Best portable battery jump pack / jump box / jumpbox ?

Old 12-22-2011, 09:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Bought a Century 1000A power pack from Sams from over 12 yrs ago. Holds a charge for months (when forgotten to keep freshened up), jumped every dead battery thrown at it, and works great as a power pack running a fan all nite long. Even used it to power a 12v TV/VCR to watch movies.

No air compressor, no flashlight, no frilly extras. paid right at $60 then. Still going strong today
The ones from Sams were pretty good, used to start my ford diesel in the dead of winter, hell after a few years, I dropped it and the case was cracked in half, I had left it in the bed of the truck for a month or so, and it charged right up and still started the boat, the truck and anything else. I also have the die hard with the compressor and the light, they seem to work great and have plenty of power to start anything, butt, if you screw up charging it, or abuse it in the least, it will take a crap on you.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by byrideroffshore
used lots of them, jumpncarry 660 hard to beat
I hope so...I just ordered one...they r at a killer deal on amazon right now.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

all work ok on cars and most trucks...diesel trucks have more demand...but the ones in the stores DID NOT have the a$$ to start my dozer that i left on a site (key on) to go other equipment to get it unstuck...

i'll let ya know how my new 660 does on a dead dozer when it get's here!
Old 12-23-2011, 05:18 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by audacity
I hope so...I just ordered one...they r at a killer deal on amazon right now.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

all work ok on cars and most trucks...diesel trucks have more demand...but the ones in the stores DID NOT have the a$$ to start my dozer that i left on a site (key on) to go other equipment to get it unstuck...

i'll let ya know how my new 660 does on a dead dozer when it get's here!
That's a killer deal. Less than dealer pricing!

+1 for the Jump n Carry. They last.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:30 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggus

ditto on that one BIG Daddy , have had real good luck with the JNC and at this price just picked up 3 more this a.m. but wont make it time for santas sleigh

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAPPY CHRISTMAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bi gbird:
Old 12-23-2011, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bought a cheaply from Meijer for $65. It has never let me down. I make sure to check it often and keep charged.
Old 12-23-2011, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

K&K Jump start 660 the best one out there currently. And it still has a one year warranty including the battery. The new ones have the auto charge so it will go into trickle if plugged in to long.

The new Snap-On is a rebranded Schumacher I have had trouble with the Schumacher ones.

On booster packs two things kills them improper charging over/under and using them to diagnose a no start. They are designed to start a car that will start on the first or second try not crank the starter for 30 seconds. If you do that you will overheat the battery and ruin it.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:07 PM
Registered

my 660 just showed up from amazon via ups. it was too cold today to go test it out on the dozer...the tracks were for sure froze in the ground.
for $325 to now $125 is one killer deal and i want to make sure it starts the engine on the dozer before i buy more. the company warranty and the amazon offer is about the best out there. on top of that i got a special coupon after all the normal great warranties for an anytime $75 "heck run it over with a semi-truck" and send some of the pieces back and get a new one!
all the big box store units did not start the dozer. some would turn it over while some would not. none that fast! i would suspect that some of the marine SC engines out there would be about the same! i was going to buy another and combine em to just get the damn thing off that site, but 3 days later i now have this one. from all the stuff i have read, this brand is the one to have. i dig that the charger is built in and you just connect any extension cord to charge it. or use the supplied male to male cigarette lighter plug to charge. i also like that it takes a charge from there and supplies power from it too. built in auto breakers.

happy h-days to ya
cheers
Old 01-22-2012, 08:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Biggus

thought i would post how good this box is...and they are still on sale.

it's been in the single digits here and i've had to use it a few times on heavy equipment since. one diesel wouldn't light and i killed the battery. hooked up the box and i got more time running the starter than the fresh battery that's in it.

like i said i've used other boxes and they've been a joke....so i have never taken them seriously to use them where i would need them. knowing how good this company/these boxes can be; we should have investigated them sooner for jumping a turbines 24v system.

have a good winter guys!

Last edited by audacity; 01-22-2012 at 08:58 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

i also have the jnc 660,its 4 years old and still works like new!
Old 05-25-2016, 06:30 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

purchasing a replacement portable jump start for the boat,any new recommendations?

thank you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.