Notices

Price on new Ford F-350?

Old 06-18-2002, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know that A plan is below invoice price for FORD employees and their immediate families.
Old 06-18-2002, 01:09 PM
Registered

The A plan is for active employees. The Z plan is for retired employees. There are also some other plans for suppliers etc.
Old 06-18-2002, 01:44 PM
Registered

A/Z plan price is the same (as h2owarrior noted, A is for active employees and their families, Z is for retirees). I've done some research on this in the past, and the general consensus was that A plan is pretty much the best price you can expect to get - and you'll typically only get that if you qualify for the plan in the first place!

So, considering you're only about $1500 above A plan, before rebates, that sounds pretty good. From what I've seen, the dealer would have to have a compelling reason to go below A plan, like having a vehicle on the floorplan for months, something like that. A plan is very close to what they dealer pays for the vehicle, so below that he's probably losing money.
Old 06-18-2002, 02:30 PM
EWB
Registered
Platinum Member

Hey BajaBoss I work for ford and we also get a neighbor plan send me a number where I can reach you I might be able to help you. Eric Betty. [email protected]

I just called program headquarters and she told me that its A-Plan price plus 4% plus 150.00 on the freinds and neighbors plan if I can help let me know. Eric

Last edited by EWB; 06-18-2002 at 02:37 PM.
Old 06-18-2002, 04:38 PM
Registered

I thought these things were WAY more than 37 grand
I thought they were topping out High 40's
That is too rich for my blood, I think ill start shopping around for a 2000-2001 in next year or 2 years after the Trans Am is paid for.
(yeah now I let it sit in garage since they stopped making them)
I have a 1990 F-350 that I paid cash for so im hoping to get a few thou trade in on it.
How are the automatic Transmissions in the fords these days?
No problems like the Dodges?
What is the towing capacity of the diesel dually 4x4's also these days?
Mine is a gas hog, I dont have OD so im stuck pulling the baja at about 3 MPG and 9 with no towing at all city driving.
So im looking for something that does not feel like it is straining to get this thing moving from a stop and gets okay mileage considering I have 5 tons on the hitch
Thanks
Jason
Old 06-18-2002, 05:21 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Decided I wanted the truck, called the dealer and offered $37,000.

Next thing I know he is here with it and told me to take it for another drive. I really like theee truck, but he said the best they would do is $37,400.00. I told him I would think on it tonight and let him know tomorrow.

Yes the truck is the Lariet with tow package and the works, it is loaded. Those adjustable gas/brake peddles should be standard on everything. They are great and a big plus for short people like my wife.

Question for everyone that I forgot to ask. When I first drove this truck it had a very noticable vibration in the drive line when you first took off from a standing start and was worse if turning. The dealer said no problem, put it in the shop and they added a graphite powder to the limited slip. They say it is common for these to come in from the factory without enough powder. Solved the problem instantly. Only drove it about 25 miles doing this. Is this something that you guys have experienced? They had not gone through the truck when I drove it, and said they would have caught this problem. What do you guys think?

Thanks Mark
Old 06-18-2002, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default sounds high

I can get the invoice if you give me the VIN..
Old 06-19-2002, 12:18 AM
Registered

My 2001 Ford (same equipment you described) does the same thing. It's called limited slip "chatter". I also had a 2000 that did the same thing. I took them both back, they fixed the problem, for the most part. If the truck sets for long periods of time (I only use the truck for towing the boat) or after a long run (several hours) under heavy load, it will still chatter.
Old 06-19-2002, 04:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Invoice price

The invoice for an identical rig in my area is $31695.. You should be paying around 32 or 33 K for that one.
Old 06-19-2002, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My 2002 F350 deisal, lariet, every option except rear sencors.
Sticker was 45k I saw my invoice, it was 37.9

I offered 37, after going to 37.8 to 37.5, to 37.2 he gave me 37. stick to your guns, dont budge

that is in the midwest, STL

hope it helps,

also i have no vibration, my stering wheel skweaks when you turn it, and they cant get it to align correct, but no vibrations

my .02

Randy Wild

Quick Reply: Price on new Ford F-350?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.