Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
First 32’ Doug Wright “Pleasure Boat” Ready for Testing in Two to Three Weeks >

First 32’ Doug Wright “Pleasure Boat” Ready for Testing in Two to Three Weeks

Notices

First 32’ Doug Wright “Pleasure Boat” Ready for Testing in Two to Three Weeks

Old 05-09-2012, 05:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DW is 32' long and 9.6' Wide. Now show me how much bigger the 30 x 8.6 skater is again? Math hurts doesn't it?
Old 05-09-2012, 05:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kap328
Hello:

Thank you Bidpro for your interest in the new 32 Doug Wright.

Your rendition of what occurred is speculation and all hearsay. The boat ran 96MPH on one motor at the Shootout the port side motor went into guardian mode due to sensor issues.

Have you seen the boat? I really do not know what your conclusions on windshield or rake are based on without having seen the boat in person or even running.

In addition, why don't you post up the GPS photo of the speedo on the Skater you speak of maybe it was behind a truck on the freeway...lol. In addition, met the owner of 30 Skater at Desert Storm with 300XS motors and he stated best he ever seen was 96MPH.

Look for some video here in the near future it will dispell all the critics and make you a believer.

No but running on one motor might...laughing but true!

Here is a link to a thread that not only discusses the boat but also has some GPS photos to review.

http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forum...ad.php?t=72107

Post number 79 has the speedo photos.

Thanks for your interest.

KAP
KAP. Not speculating at all, not heresay. I was there my friend, sitting on a deck overlooking the event from a buddies waterfront home. Saw the run in person - heard the speed in person - it was 96, 96, 96. Guardian mode.... ok, yeah maybe.... too much wind problem??, nope, that "explination" won't work - propertly designed air entrapment catamaran hulls do better with wind - tuck in the trim just a taste, reduce slip, increase efficiency, increase speed.

To answer your questions, yes I have seen the boat, seen it in the water running 96, seen it on the trailer (sitting on Acoma Blvd in Havasu) saw the boat in the water on Friday morning in front of CatTail Cove waiting for the first round of Poker Run to come by... took a long time to get it on plane.... guardian mode perhaps?.

The Guy with the 30 Flat Deck Skater, wrap around windsheld, 6 seat cockpit is a really nice Guy. I have never seen the boat running in excess of 50 MPH. He is a true pleasure boater who likes performance boats and it's a beautiful boat. Not a Guy who will be looking to make the boat go faster than it does, he dosent care about that, he always has 4 or 5 Girls in the boat with him - seems to care about that a lot more.

FYI - not trying to be a "believer" in the DW just seeing what has been writtten and not "believing" it because I was there.

Finally, the GPS Speedo Photo from the 328 Flat Deck, Wrap Around Windshield. 6 seat cockpit Skater w-twin stock 300xs optimax's is available as you requested. Write down your email and I will make sure you get it delivered to you.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dkwestern
DW is 32' long and 9.6' Wide. Now show me how much bigger the 30 x 8.6 skater is again? Math hurts doesn't it?
What's it weigh? - you forgot FREEBOARD and a few minor details like that....
Old 05-09-2012, 05:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bulletbob
The 20+ mph winds may have had something to do with the cats performance at the shootout................

don't you think?
No, actually I don't "think" that explains the 96. The 20 MPH wind would benefit the boat as properly designed Air Entrapment Catamaran hulls love the wind in the proper, skilled hands. It allows the operator to tuck in the trim and the boat lifts more horizontally, decreasing spil, increasing efficiency and increasing speed.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
The heat in Lake Havasu always "costs" naturally aspirated boats a bunch of MPH.

Uncle Dave
It was in the 80's - little to no humidity ... not a factor
Old 05-09-2012, 05:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
MTI cats have about the same slope at the transom I haven't heard any complaints from those guys...
MTI's (even their smallest model, the 36) have way more freeboard and "length" to the rear deck and the MTI's sit up much higher and the water won't get up on the deck. The DW 32 is a very low profile boat and the rear deck slopes directly into the water.... way different dynamics than the MTI
Old 05-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Boatlesss
being it was mentioned. what is the size differenec between the dw and the skater? the dw does look small for a boat that long. the paint while might shine does not appeal with the scoopy droopy look. windscreen looks low or someone is a giant. and what about those seats. they stick up so high or is the boat actually that small. like to see the two boats side by side in the water. belive we would step up to get on the skater deck from the dw deck. is this an exoxy boat?
Exactly correct, you would step up from the 32 DW to get inot the 30 Skater Flatdeck and you would need a stepladder to get from the 32 DW to the 328 Skater Flatdeck. The DW is very "cut down" and looks smaller than a 32 because of lack of freeboard.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bidpro
It was in the 80's - little to no humidity ... not a factor
Missed attending due to a kidney extraction (mine)-

I know it was brutally hot earlier that week 104+
(all my buddies were moaning about it)

Had a house out there for a decade-it was so hot and dry I saw trees chasing dogs. Always takes the edge off both of my rigs.

UD

Last edited by Uncle Dave; 05-09-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:55 PM
Registered

KAP. Not speculating at all, not heresay. I was there my friend, sitting on a deck overlooking the event from a buddies waterfront home. Saw the run in person - heard the speed in person - it was 96, 96, 96. Guardian mode.... ok, yeah maybe.... too much wind problem??, nope, that "explination" won't work - propertly designed air entrapment catamaran hulls do better with wind - tuck in the trim just a taste, reduce slip, increase efficiency, increase speed.

To answer your questions, yes I have seen the boat, seen it in the water running 96, seen it on the trailer (sitting on Acoma Blvd in Havasu) saw the boat in the water on Friday morning in front of CatTail Cove waiting for the first round of Poker Run to come by... took a long time to get it on plane.... guardian mode perhaps?.

The Guy with the 30 Flat Deck Skater, wrap around windsheld, 6 seat cockpit is a really nice Guy. I have never seen the boat running in excess of 50 MPH. He is a true pleasure boater who likes performance boats and it's a beautiful boat. Not a Guy who will be looking to make the boat go faster than it does, he dosent care about that, he always has 4 or 5 Girls in the boat with him - seems to care about that a lot more.

FYI - not trying to be a "believer" in the DW just seeing what has been writtten and not "believing" it because I was there.

Finally, the GPS Speedo Photo from the 328 Flat Deck, Wrap Around Windshield. 6 seat cockpit Skater w-twin stock 300xs optimax's is available as you requested. Write down your email and I will make sure you get it delivered to you.
One more thing - you say you ran 109 in break in mode. The 300xs break in mode prohibits operation over 5,400 RPM while in break in mode (first 4 hours). The sticker on the engine from Mercury Racing says to run it between 4500 and 5400. Max RPM is 6300. If yuo try to push it past 5400 for more than a couple of seconds it goes into Guardian.

So what props were you running and what gear ratio were you running when you ran 109 at 5400 RPM in the boat?... I've been trying to "reverse engineer" the math buy my Herring Prop Slip Calculator tells me its completly impossible unless I had NEGATIVE 2% slip - it must be in Guardian mode
Old 05-09-2012, 06:10 PM
Registered

Reply:

Your a funny guy Bidpro being an arm chair driver to boot. LMAO so really what is the point your trying to make.

You know as well as I do the DW is the fastest outboard so don't get all up in arms... just face the facts. You can do it yeah it's hard for you but I know you can.

I was driving the boat and lost power on the port side motor about 3/4 down the course. Did you see the boat pull to the port side.... of course you did....you were right there on your buddies deck! The air was coming out of the north west and the course was South East. Air as a factor that is a joke you made up. If the boat was 100% I would be making multiple runs just to quiet the masses such as yourself. It really doesn't matter what numbers I put up you would still volunteer criticism and negativity.

Seems your brand loyalty kinda got you into trouble. Really hurts when you see the GPS photos and the spec's huh!

Well I'm waiting for your GPS photos mine are up... were is yours. Don't forget to post up the specifications on the other boats you mentioned....Oh and one more thing what is the tunnel width on each of those boats. You got some homework to do so run along and come back when you have the answers.

KAP
Footnote: I really grow tired of this always one in the bunch that has to talk smack for no reason. Always negative nothing positive to say....like hey that is really hauling azz for a stock outboard 32, nice job, beautiful boat. Nope just gratuitous negative BS.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.