Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
First 32’ Doug Wright “Pleasure Boat” Ready for Testing in Two to Three Weeks >

First 32’ Doug Wright “Pleasure Boat” Ready for Testing in Two to Three Weeks

Notices

First 32’ Doug Wright “Pleasure Boat” Ready for Testing in Two to Three Weeks

Old 05-09-2012, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 855 Likes on 232 Posts

The following copy/pasted paragraph is from a PM I received yesterday on another site:

i spoke with KAP about his new DR 32. he said it would go 116, but had not done it yet. kinda what you said. he asked me how i liked his near perfect graphics and i said i thought it would look better if the stripes were straight. it looks like a sea snake to me! the seats are very high and for as tall as he is, it must be windy. part of the reason i bought the RPM is the winshield. i was tried of being blasted at high speeds with so much wind and having to wear googles. we plan to go to disco bay a couple of times this year. maybe we can meet up. do you still live on the water?

KAP loves to brag and go on and on and on about how great his boat is, but he doesn't hear what other people think of it. The boat is no doubt a great performing outboard powered 32' cat, seeing as how the DW 32s have dominated Stock Class racing for the past ten years. But what KAP doesn't understand is that the people he is trying to sell this boat to aren't looking to go racing! They'd like a boat that has enough gunnel height to actually sit "in" the boat, without the seats and their heads sticking up above the useless windshield. I'm sure a lot of them could also care less if the boat goes 115 (which it most certainly hasn't by his own admission) or 110 as he is so persistent in proving to everyone that it does. For $320,000, the boat is ridiculously slow for the investment, wether it runs 115 or 110. In today's market, you can go out and buy yourself a beautiful used 28 that will run the same #s for a fourth the price, or a 36'+ late model inboard cat for half the price that will run 140+. This great fuel mileage at effortless 100mph cruise is probably the biggest joke I see of all. Fill KAP's tanks full of fuel and put 4 guys in the boat, and his 100mph "cruise" will be at WOT burning 50 gph - which is 2 mpg. My inboard 30 gets 1.5mpg at 110mph cruise, AND I can still run 150+mph when I want - KAP can't go any faster as he's already floored! And if he thinks those motors/gearcases are going to get any life running around at WOT, he's got another thing coming (of course, he wouldn't know that, because these are the FIRST performance outboard motors he's ever owned). Anyone that's owned both outboard and inboard powered large cats can tell you that outboards are not nearly as reliable on a large ocean capable cat as a set of mild inboard motors/drives are. KAP is obviously just a newbie, and has let his overenthusiasm get the best of him. If he would just learn to not brag so much, none of us would be giving him such a hard time, as he does have a really great boat - just not as great as he tells everyone it is (especially at $320k)....................
Old 05-09-2012, 07:33 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow Kap, you get greif on every forum you participate in. Even in your own threads you somehow say something that continues to ruffle feathers. It's obvious you're the common denominator.

Also, It's naieve you think people say what they do, because of 'brand loyalty.'
Old 05-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Skater30
The following copy/pasted paragraph is from a PM I received yesterday on another site:

i spoke with KAP about his new DR 32. he said it would go 116, but had not done it yet. kinda what you said. he asked me how i liked his near perfect graphics and i said i thought it would look better if the stripes were straight. it looks like a sea snake to me! the seats are very high and for as tall as he is, it must be windy. part of the reason i bought the RPM is the winshield. i was tried of being blasted at high speeds with so much wind and having to wear googles. we plan to go to disco bay a couple of times this year. maybe we can meet up. do you still live on the water?

KAP loves to brag and go on and on and on about how great his boat is, but he doesn't hear what other people think of it. The boat is no doubt a great performing outboard powered 32' cat, seeing as how the DW 32s have dominated Stock Class racing for the past ten years. But what KAP doesn't understand is that the people he is trying to sell this boat to aren't looking to go racing! They'd like a boat that has enough gunnel height to actually sit "in" the boat, without the seats and their heads sticking up above the useless windshield. I'm sure a lot of them could also care less if the boat goes 115 (which it most certainly hasn't by his own admission) or 110 as he is so persistent in proving to everyone that it does. For $320,000, the boat is ridiculously slow for the investment, wether it runs 115 or 110. In today's market, you can go out and buy yourself a beautiful used 28 that will run the same #s for a fourth the price, or a 36'+ late model inboard cat for half the price that will run 140+. This great fuel mileage at effortless 100mph cruise is probably the biggest joke I see of all. Fill KAP's tanks full of fuel and put 4 guys in the boat, and his 100mph "cruise" will be at WOT burning 50 gph - which is 2 mpg. My inboard 30 gets 1.5mpg at 110mph cruise, AND I can still run 150+mph when I want - KAP can't go any faster as he's already floored! And if he thinks those motors/gearcases are going to get any life running around at WOT, he's got another thing coming (of course, he wouldn't know that, because these are the FIRST performance outboard motors he's ever owned). Anyone that's owned both outboard and inboard powered large cats can tell you that outboards are not nearly as reliable on a large ocean capable cat as a set of mild inboard motors/drives are. KAP is obviously just a newbie, and has let his overenthusiasm get the best of him. If he would just learn to not brag so much, none of us would be giving him such a hard time, as he does have a really great boat - just not as great as he tells everyone it is (especially at $320k)....................
Your saying this boat cost 320,000. This is a joke right. This is a ridiculous price for this boat, and i asked him a price and got no response. I agree with you on all points and problems with the boat, but he seemed to not want to listen, i too agree it would be a much better package with a pair of 500-600 aluminum smallblocks.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by kap328
Nah unlike your boats we post cure ours....damn let it go pal you don't know when to quit.

The glove box houses a Smartcraft gauge and Stereo plus room for a lot more stuff. You can even fit the screen cover for the Garmin in the glove box.

KAP
sorry if we cannot ask questions thin post an ad on oso like the other advertisers and we will not ask you anything and we will read that which you deam readable for us. you put a boat out there and then you do not want people to ask questions unless they are all positive and not that it is not nice but guys gotta ask. seems you can run 96 on a single engine so it should be fastur on two.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:55 PM
Registered

For those knocking the price, what else runs 110 plus (I believe on RD's there is a pic of GPS at 115 actually) for less money, over 30 ft and capable of handling big water?

I originally was pretty shocked by the cost, but realize I don't really know the new market on this type of boat. What's the 30 Skater w/ outboards cost (love the boat posted here), but I'm guessing it's more and the race course has proven which boat runs better right? Don't get me wrong either, I personally would probably go w/ a big skater if I could cut a big check.....but is the price really uncompetitive with that as a benchmark?
Old 05-09-2012, 07:56 PM
Registered

Extreme Skater:

It seems you appear everytime there is a positive tone or atmosphere surrounding anything I do sarcasm intended. Hmmm! common denominator yeah I think your right it's everytime you and your buddies show up.

Trying to somehow pile on your negativity.

I thought you said you were going to let things go why are you back at it. Same goes for Skater30 aka Mr. Rayzor who has some type of problem or weird fixation with me stalking me via my Facebook page!

You obviously contribute nothing positive in this thread so why are you here! Fear, jealousy, envy whatever it is move along go find something to do.

KAP
Old 05-09-2012, 08:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by blume
This might help bidpro.
maybe blume or some other skater rep can shed some light on the pricing. would like to see what a 30 ro 32 skater would cost.

i think either way times are little to tight for the boat market in general. the only ones really buying are the that have the cash in hand and can afford to piss away money. this seems in only the bigger boat area.

plus like was mentioned before you can get some really good deals on much bigger cats for less than what kap is asking
Old 05-09-2012, 08:13 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 40FlatDeck
He has a 36' Skater.....
So why the interest in the DW?
Old 05-09-2012, 08:23 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by kap328
Extreme Skater:

It seems you appear everytime there is a positive tone or atmosphere surrounding anything I do sarcasm intended. Hmmm! common denominator yeah I think your right it's everytime you and your buddies show up.

Trying to somehow pile on your negativity.

I thought you said you were going to let things go why are you back at it. Same goes for Skater30 aka Mr. Rayzor who has some type of problem or weird fixation with me stalking me via my Facebook page!

You obviously contribute nothing positive in this thread so why are you here! Fear, jealousy, envy whatever it is move along go find something to do.

KAP
Typical of your responses.

Ya know, it's sad really, DW makes one of the best twin outboard boats, period. IMHO

Can't wait to see how many of them YOU do or don't sell.

You've pulled this fear, jeolousy, envy thing with others on another forum. Another lame response.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by skaterdave
maybe blume or some other skater rep can shed some light on the pricing. would like to see what a 30 ro 32 skater would cost.

i think either way times are little to tight for the boat market in general. the only ones really buying are the that have the cash in hand and can afford to piss away money. this seems in only the bigger boat area.

plus like was mentioned before you can get some really good deals on much bigger cats for less than what kap is asking

Reply:

No need I already priced them out:

32 Skater is $325K with 300XS motors and a four color paint job.

30 Skater is $265K with 300XS motors and same style paint.

I priced them with a dealer that is what I was told on January 24, 2012 via telephone.

Plus or minus with options on the above builds so $325 for a 32 Doug Wright is a bargain in every area from build quality to performance absolute steal in my opinion.

Plus, if someone is genuinely interested I can try and get them into a base boat for less than what I have into this boat.

One thing you won't see is GPS photos of speed on a 32 Skater definitely not... they don't want you to know...because it won't even break a 100MPH with stock 300XS.

Sbarberds asked me via PM pricing but would not give me his contact information to provide him with a quote. This is the type of activity going on behind the screens.

ActiveThunder they don't have a genuine interest it is more like online thuggery. If someone has a question regarding something I would be happy to answer it, but when they are acting with a hidden agenda it is whole different animal.

KAP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.