First 32’ Doug Wright “Pleasure Boat” Ready for Testing in Two to Three Weeks >

First 32’ Doug Wright “Pleasure Boat” Ready for Testing in Two to Three Weeks

Notices

First 32’ Doug Wright “Pleasure Boat” Ready for Testing in Two to Three Weeks

Old 05-09-2012, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by bidpro
So the boat ran 109 in break in mode..... huh.... thats interesting. It ran 96 on radar at Desert Storm in the shootout.. guess the fresh water in Havasu cost 13 MPH... Im sure that is the only logical explanation.

I agree with other observers that the windsshield is way way too low. Im also wondering how much water cascades over the back (an on to your back seat passangers) when you come off plane quickly due to the exagerrated rake of the hull.

Also, boat is too big for twins - needs triples especially if your going to stick wtih stock 300xs's.

Won't run with the Skaters in the category. Physical size is closer to the 28 Skater than the 30 and both of them will outrun this boat.

There is also a 328 Skater out there with twin stock 300xs's - wrap around windshield, about 30% bigger in physical size than this boat - ran 101.6 with twins , recently converted to a triple.

The Doug Wright Race boats do run well though... Boats....
The 20+ mph winds may have had something to do with the cats performance at the shootout................

don't you think?
Old 05-09-2012, 02:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Running into the wind with a cat should not slow down at all. The radars dont lie, 13 mph not possible. Maybe its just not set up correctly or its really a 100 mph boat
Old 05-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The heat in Lake Havasu always "costs" naturally aspirated boats a bunch of MPH.

Uncle Dave
Old 05-09-2012, 02:20 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pstorti
I think the windshield is the perfect height it should be just below eye level so you can look over it instead of through it (much better) but the wind goes over your eyes but still catches your hair. These days with NMEA data you don't need a million gauges to have the info you need, that garmin can display all of the info the engines provide. I do agree with the comment about the stern I don't like that design either.
MTI cats have about the same slope at the transom I haven't heard any complaints from those guys...
Old 05-09-2012, 02:21 PM
Registered

So the boat ran 109 in break in mode..... huh.... thats interesting. It ran 96 on radar at Desert Storm in the shootout.. guess the fresh water in Havasu cost 13 MPH... Im sure that is the only logical explanation.

I agree with other observers that the windsshield is way way too low. Im also wondering how much water cascades over the back (an on to your back seat passangers) when you come off plane quickly due to the exagerrated rake of the hull.

Also, boat is too big for twins - needs triples especially if your going to stick wtih stock 300xs's.

Won't run with the Skaters in the category. Physical size is closer to the 28 Skater than the 30 and both of them will outrun this boat.

There is also a 328 Skater out there with twin stock 300xs's - wrap around windshield, about 30% bigger in physical size than this boat - ran 101.6 with twins , recently converted to a triple.

Hello:

Thank you Bidpro for your interest in the new 32 Doug Wright.

Your rendition of what occurred is speculation and all hearsay. The boat ran 96MPH on one motor at the Shootout the port side motor went into guardian mode due to sensor issues.

Have you seen the boat? I really do not know what your conclusions on windshield or rake are based on without having seen the boat in person or even running.

In addition, why don't you post up the GPS photo of the speedo on the Skater you speak of maybe it was behind a truck on the freeway...lol. In addition, met the owner of 30 Skater at Desert Storm with 300XS motors and he stated best he ever seen was 96MPH.

Look for some video here in the near future it will dispell all the critics and make you a believer.

Originally Posted by bulletbob
The 20+ mph winds may have had something to do with the cats performance at the shootout................

don't you think?
No but running on one motor might...laughing but true!

Here is a link to a thread that not only discusses the boat but also has some GPS photos to review.

http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forum...ad.php?t=72107

Post number 79 has the speedo photos.

Thanks for your interest.

KAP
Old 05-09-2012, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

being it was mentioned. what is the size differenec between the dw and the skater? the dw does look small for a boat that long. the paint while might shine does not appeal with the scoopy droopy look. windscreen looks low or someone is a giant. and what about those seats. they stick up so high or is the boat actually that small. like to see the two boats side by side in the water. belive we would step up to get on the skater deck from the dw deck. is this an exoxy boat?
Old 05-09-2012, 03:36 PM
Registered

Very nice boat KAP

Love the Colors

I was not able to see it on the water at DS as I went back to Parker.

Hope to see it in Parker at some point.

Jeff

JBS
Old 05-09-2012, 04:07 PM
Registered

109 is a respectable number for a 32' boat with twin outboards- there's no doubt about it. How fast did you guys think it should go? I'm more concerned with what the top end will be set up for every day use- not simply for running in a poker run with enough gas to finish. Regarding the size concern I'd like to see more pictures. My first impression from the pics I have seen is that the driver is seated very high in the boat- similar or even less freeboard than the 28' skater.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 4 Posts

It did not run in the poker run. Just the shoot out. Dont know why if it was already there and is called a poker run edition
Old 05-09-2012, 05:33 PM
Registered

Yeah 115+- is way too slow, must need trips

30 Skater will outrun this this boat. Wrong, Skater needs 10+ MPH to even come close.

30% bigger, ok. Again this 101.6 is 10-15 MPH off the pace, must need trips.

Are you serious? If you are, you need to rethink your thoughts. Remember Loan Shark, an old 2005 hull design ran 113 with 300xs, so KAP's isn't the 1st 32 DW to spank all other twin O/B pleasure boats.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.