Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I've been blown twice since last we spoke. >

I've been blown twice since last we spoke.

Notices

I've been blown twice since last we spoke.

Old 06-24-2002, 11:37 AM
Uncle Toys

Another.
Attached Thumbnails I've been blown twice since last we spoke.-strbrd-engine-whipple.jpg  

Old 06-24-2002, 11:39 AM
Uncle Toys

Ahhhh Sabbatical, do I look refreshed or what?
Attached Thumbnails I've been blown twice since last we spoke.-ah-sabbatical1.jpg  

Old 06-24-2002, 12:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Got Havasu?

Once again, it was nice meeting the UT Crew yesterday. If you guys need any more help loading or unloading the boat...just let me know.

After we left the channel, we ran up to Topock...the colder water sure woke us up...very much needed after I drank the 50 gallon drum of Red Bull & Grey Goose the night before...

Have fun!

Old 06-24-2002, 04:25 PM
Registered

Nice pics. Do you have any of the bow and cockpit areas, please?
Old 06-24-2002, 10:21 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey UT is it possible that you are not getting enogh air into the motors now? I wonder if you can lift the hatch a bit and go for a run? Make sure it is not going to rip open first!!!! Just a thought. I was looking at you pictures and wonering how air gets in there.

Jon
Old 06-24-2002, 11:14 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

You definitely need a supply of air via scoops or vents? But what about that Exhaust?

Did Whipple and the others think you would benefit from a better exhaust system since you added blowers?

Seems like that is an area to pay attention to also...
Old 06-24-2002, 11:40 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Boatless that would have been my next thought. Now UT how can we get that one past the wife???? HMMMMM Let me see the whipples were sold on the noise, so go with that for the exhaust. Plus it is like getting the Porsche and having geo metro tires on it D

Jon
Old 06-25-2002, 07:26 AM
Registered

I have same problem as you with the heat. When it gets hot speed drops big time.

Instead of running with hatch open & taking chance of getting it cleaned by floating in the lake, just remove the back rest that covers the holes for access. This should let in more are to see. If yours is like mine only place for air to get into engine compartment is from the 3 vents on transom. I am looking at adding 2 vents to the lower part of rear seat to let more air in. Also with doing it that way fresh air would be forced in. & excess / hot air could go thru the back vents.

For vents I was looking at taking 2 speaker grills for covers. Anyone have any other idea??
Old 06-25-2002, 08:18 AM
Registered

Default Re: I've been blown twice since last we spoke. PICTURES ADDED.

Originally posted by Uncle Toys
So what’s the board been up to? Anyone else fake their death?

Boy I read the title to the thread and thought you were talking about something else!!!
Old 06-25-2002, 09:52 AM
Registered

Default Air pump issues

TJ's right about the seat cushions and the approximate 5" holes behind them for testing purposes. I'm really not sure that's an issue though. If the 26 is rigged like the 25 a hefty volume of air can travel down the gunnel from the forward cabin as well to compliment all the normal vents. Seems like there is more than enough air passage to keep up with the limited area of the throttle bodies.

On the exhaust side, I know there is the eye-candy factor and the "more flow has to be good factor" but....

I asked Dustin about this for my 454mag efi with his kit. CMI's and the like dyno'd at only 20 more ponies vs stockers. Scavenging is less critical when the blower is pushing from the other side. That's a lot of coin for 20 ponies. My next present will be his 1000 cfm throttle body which will get me 30 ponies- also on the dyno. Dustin knows his systems, I trust his numbers.

Good luck to you U.T.!

Quick Reply: I've been blown twice since last we spoke.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.