Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I've been blown twice since last we spoke. >

I've been blown twice since last we spoke.

Notices

I've been blown twice since last we spoke.

Old 06-25-2002, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do not know how the 25' is made but my 26 does not have any way for air to enter engine area except thru 2 hand hold/vents in rear. I do not know to much about air flow but my guess is behind the transom is a low pressure / vacumm area when running at 90+ speed. There are bulk heads & finished out trim panels to make it pretty air tite when engine cover is down.
Old 06-25-2002, 12:27 PM
Uncle Toys

Boy, do I have sympathy for you guys using dial-up. Half the time I can’t even get on, much less look at all the pictures. So in the future, if I don’t respond quickly, I hope you understand.

Cattitude – I have had the same conversation with Dustin and others about the exhaust. I would love the added sound, but new IMCO drives might be the next battlefront. Their Extremes are capable of an inch shorter than my current two-inch shorter lowers. As it is now, I am approximately one and a half inches below the boat. After Skaterfest, I am pretty sure I need to get the propshafts a couple of inches above the bottom of the boat. But either way, that’s a winter project.

Turbojack – Are these the holes you mentioned? That’s a great idea. I was worried about running with the hatch open – even just an inch or two. Any suggestions on how to run the test? Currently at full throttle I am making five to six pounds of boost (according the to the gauges, the needle bounces around a lot).

p.s. Geeze, that post took me an hour and fifteen minutes to get done and still the photo sucked. Sorry TJ, but you probably get the idea. The dark strip is where the two five inch holes are you mentioned - correct?

Shoot, this is too painfully slow, I am going to go out and detail my boat. Maybe this evening the web will be faster. Will take more pictures an post tonight.
Attached Thumbnails I've been blown twice since last we spoke.-acess-holes.jpg  

Last edited by Uncle Toys; 06-25-2002 at 12:38 PM.

Old 06-25-2002, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UT,

Not only Slow, but multi posts.

Yes these are holes. I had tried this last year with my turbo motor & did not see any difference. Of course since I am running faster now I am having a whole new set of problems. On july 4 weekend I will try again.

Problem is 2 fold.
First being Air temp is hot to start with, motor is hot, & air around motor/ engine compartment is even hotter. Engine is breathing in the hottest air which = less HP

Second now that you have 2 boys with better lungs they are sucking in more air. If motor has to work harder to get the air then less HP = less speed.

Remember we do not have scoops to give the engine(s) the coolest air. Look around in your engine compartments, if like mine there is no place for air beside from transom vents.
Old 06-25-2002, 04:33 PM
Uncle Toys

Ok, that was wierd. How did I get three posts out of that Cleaned out two of them - sorry!

Hot part of the day, so I'm in until after 5:00. Will take pictures after that, and hopefully the web will be quicker by then.

Audio - Maybe when you come out this Fall for the poker run, you could work on the wife again for the headers (considering what a great job you did with your blower sound effects last time )