Notices

What to so in Lake Tahoe?

Old 03-12-2012, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Gar Woods is nice but if you keep going round the lake, through No shore and Tahoe City turn left onto Hwy 89, stop at the Bridge Tender for a beer, look over fanny bridge then go down to West Shore. Go have a beer and fish tacos at the Sunnyside, favorite place on the lake and you'll see why. It's a good boat in destination too. If you have time the Ritz at Northstar is a site to behold in the winter weather.

When you get doen to the Bay Area and SF let us know. We boat all year down here, I just had the Superhawk detalied and serviced. Too bad the weather's comming in or I'd offer you a run over to Sams in Tiburon, you should head over there for lunch and a cocktail regardless.

Last edited by Lofty; 03-12-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The Grey Goose in Tahoe Vista is a nice stop too, we got married there.

I see you guys are headed down on Thursday? Perfect timing for a big storm to be moving in. Enjoy the ride over the summit, it can be nasty if there's lots of truck traffic. I assume you're taking 80 not 50? 80's a lot easier going than 50, it's a bigger hwy and 50's a 2 laner most of the way.

Last edited by Lofty; 03-12-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 19 Posts

We are going to play the trip to SF by ear since we are in a brand new Mustang. Not exactly the perfect car to head over Donner Pass in snow.

Thanks everyone for the ideas. We are getting ready to head to Gar's.

Skater40, since this is our belated honeymoon (been married 6 yrs and never had the opportunity), I'm working on my own "Big Woodie" trophy.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Lofty
Gar Woods is nice but if you keep going round the lake, through No shore and Tahoe City turn left onto Hwy 89, stop at the Bridge Tender for a beer, look over fanny bridge then go down to West Shore. Go have a beer and fish tacos at the Sunnyside, favorite place on the lake and you'll see why. It's a good boat in destination too. If you have time the Ritz at Northstar is a site to behold in the winter weather.

When you get doen to the Bay Area and SF let us know. We boat all year down here, I just had the Superhawk detalied and serviced. Too bad the weather's comming in or I'd offer you a run over to Sams in Tiburon, you should head over there for lunch and a cocktail regardless.
To bad we're not having much winter weather. There is very little snow on the ground and more ski runs are being closed every day. It sucks. It was 50* today.
The weather in SF is supposed to be good on Thursday and Friday. Just hope the pass isn't to bad in the Stang.
Eddie
Old 03-12-2012, 07:49 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 3,041 Likes on 1,382 Posts

Originally Posted by Lofty

Bridge Tender—far and away the best burger in Tahoe. I didn't know it was open during the winter. I take a group of mountain bikers there every summer. Never go in the winter. That cold white stuff just gets in the way.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:36 PM
Registered

Received 161 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by skater40
Check out the "BIG WOODIE" trophy behind the bar-you will get a kick out of it.
Gary didn't u hear? they DQ'd u!!!
Old 03-13-2012, 12:51 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
Gary didn't u hear? they DQ'd u!!!
No i didnt hear that.I have a certified copy of it in my garage if you would like to see what it looks like.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:01 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Bridge Tender—far and away the best burger in Tahoe. I didn't know it was open during the winter. I take a group of mountain bikers there every summer. Never go in the winter. That cold white stuff just gets in the way.
I have to disagree Matt. The best burgers are slope side at Heavenly.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:26 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 3,041 Likes on 1,382 Posts

Originally Posted by Payton
I have to disagree Matt. The best burgers are slope side at Heavenly.
I'll have to try those sometime. I rarely get to the south shore—normally stay in the Tahoe City or Northstar areas. Amazing mountain bike trails out the door, short drives to the truly epic stuff.

And on that note, a drive up to Tahoe Meadows, even though you can't ride the trails this time of year, would be worth your time Eddie. Super easy to get to in a dry year like this one, short drive up route 531 on the way to Mount Rose near Incline Village

Last edited by Matt Trulio; 03-13-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was just there couple weeks ago, i thought it was pretty boring unless you ski. Not somewhere i would go again. Just go to vegas, lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.