Jacksonville Poker Run????? >

Jacksonville Poker Run?????

Notices

Jacksonville Poker Run?????

Old 05-21-2012, 11:39 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 809 Likes on 263 Posts

It was a great weekend. Hopefully there can be some tweaking for next year and we can get back to the larger size this event had in the past. Unitl then, see all of you at Lake Lanier in July.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought the turn out was fine. Good size run with a lot of really nice boats. About 50 came. We had a great time, made some new friends, had good food, almost didn't rain and didn't break anything. Doesn't get any better.

Old 05-21-2012, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by B38
Sorry to have missed You, bummer about the mechanical part. All in all things went well for me. Bertram ran hard with no issues.
B38
No issues HUH ?? LOL.. nothing that QT of Lucas can't fix.
Good to see you and everyone else again. Good times.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Formulabill
Just got off the phone with Kevin and told him to read this thread.

Over the years Kevin has made many boaters day by getting their boats running so they could be in the run. I have seen him loan and install drives on boats so they could run.

We always try to have a couple of people that can provide emergency service to the boaters.

Kevin has been with the run all 11 years helping people to launch and retreive their boats and doing what it takes to make sure everyone has a great time.
Kevin is a life saver at this run. Three years ago we blew a drive in the ocean i called Bill and told him we needed a drive and when we got TJ,s boat back on the trailer here comes Kevin with a drive and fresh gear oil told us to run it like we stole it and we did
Old 05-21-2012, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Me and the GF had a blast at this run.

This was my first time in this event and really enjoyed myself and the people that attended and planned the Run. I have to give the biggest thanks to Peter (paradox) for letting us join him him on his beautiful 33' Avanti, I can't say enough good things about him.

I can say for 100% that we will be back for this run every year that they continue to put it on. They hosted a well run event, the food and stops were great, and the people were amazing. We are new to powerboating and currently buying our first "go fast". This event as a whole just put the final nail into the deal and we will be back for next year and every year after.

Thank you to all who helped make this a great weekend to remember.
Good to have you guys on board and thanks for your help dunking the lady in the water.

Jacksonville Poker Run?????-jax-pr-2012.jpg
Old 05-21-2012, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Great run and hope to see everyone at Lanier. We will need till the to recover.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:00 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gofastlvr
This was my first FPC run and had a great time for sure meeting and hanging out with everyone. I'm sure Stu and the rest will get this run back up because it is a great venue and they sure do know how to run an event. The attendance might have been down form years past but I bet the enthusiasm wasn't and the quality of boats was awesome to see.

I have several pics that the wife is editing today so stay tuned...
Chad it was nice meeting you and Heather and hope you make it down to the run in July if not come down anytime and we will show you around.

Beau
Old 05-22-2012, 09:01 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Would love to but we have a run in Knoxville and Nashville the two weeks before and three weekends in a row is tough! We will definitely put the Lanier run on our schedule for next summer! Thanks for the good times! We are going to Lake Cumberland in June and Destin in August so I hope to see you guys there!
Old 05-22-2012, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by PARADOX
No issues HUH ?? LOL.. nothing that QT of Lucas can't fix.
Good to see you and everyone else again. Good times.
Man I wish lucas oil would have solved our problem. We aereated a prop at $$$mph, hit the limiter and broke a rocker arm while on Plyburns tail.