Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Got virus from "exhavasupeople" >

Got virus from "exhavasupeople"

Notices

Got virus from "exhavasupeople"

Old 06-26-2002, 11:16 PM
Intolerant1

Default Got virus from "exhavasupeople"

This is the only boating board I frequent and given the name the virus came under I thought it may have come through here. I have been hammered the last two days with virus'. All from different adresses. I cant block senders fast enough. About 15 since yesterday.

Old 06-26-2002, 11:27 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts
Question

Which virus is it? KLEZ??? I still get them every now and then, but I can just tell now by the file size and it is from and address I don't know.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 06-26-2002, 11:51 PM
Intolerant1

Yup, thats the one. Just a pain in the ass. I dont understand why Outlook Express will not let me delete an individual email without opening it first (not the attachment). I can "select all" and get rid of it that way but first have to move any mail I want to keep to another folder. If there is a way, someone let me know.

Old 06-27-2002, 12:00 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts

I use Yahoo for mail along with Norton. So far I have been able to catch them before infecting... I'm sorry I don't know much about OUTLOOK EXPRESS.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 06-27-2002, 12:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been battling the Kleis virus also. I have NAV2002 and it has not helped. I am really stumped. What can I do.?
Old 06-27-2002, 05:45 AM
Registered

Turn preview off in OE and then you can delete without opening the email.

Preview MUST be a thing of the past now with auto-executing viruses and new vulnerabilities being exploited daily. It is a pain, but hard drive replacement is worse.

Ted
Old 06-27-2002, 07:04 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 876 Likes on 325 Posts

NAV 2002 works great for me. Klez whacked out my computer pretty good before I got NAV. Make sure you go to the symantec web site, www.symantec.com and they have a klez virus removal tool that works well. You should perform a live update with your NAV at that site and it will catch that virus every time. Also make sure your settings for your NAV include automatic live updates and is active all the time. I'd like a few minutes with that f@#king gork that actually invents this virus, he might think twice about doing it again
Old 06-27-2002, 07:12 AM
Banned

Yep, KLEZ got me too. Used Norton av update to kill it, but it has already done quite a bit of damage.
Old 06-27-2002, 12:03 PM
Registered

We had to completely reformat our computer because of Klez (I think it came for here as well). We installed the newest Norton Anti-Virus and so far it has worked.
Old 06-27-2002, 12:16 PM
Intolerant1

Ive got Nortons and it works fine. Just freaks my wife out when the alert comes up.

Quick Reply: Got virus from "exhavasupeople"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.