How can I get the state registration sticker off without recking it >

How can I get the state registration sticker off without recking it

Notices

How can I get the state registration sticker off without recking it

Old 06-28-2002, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default How can I get the state registration sticker off without recking it

I have 2 small boats, one I just registered and the other I just bought .I figured I would through the stickers from the registered boat on the new (unregistered) boat just for a test run then the next day I would register the new one and use it's stickers on the other one .

Problem is now I can't register the new one right now .(paper work problems ) Now I want to use the one that is registered but have no stickers for it ! IS there a way I can get the stickers off the one boat and put back on the boat they belong on ?? I was thinking a heat gun ? Any thought or help please.

THanks
Old 06-28-2002, 08:52 AM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A trick we do at the BMW dealer is to put masking tape over the sticker pressing it on tightly, then take a razor blade and VERY SLOWLY scrape the glue side to remove it. I don't know if this will work on your boat but be VERY VERY careful whatever surface its on.

Once you have it off apply it to new surface and then slowly remove masking tape and all should be good.
Old 06-28-2002, 08:54 AM
Registered

I have used a hair dryer. Works great for removing them. Never put had ,to re-apply any back on, once they have been removed using the hair dryer technique. If they are vinyl letters, I would think no problem. It its the state sticker, may be hare to re-apply those, at least the ones here in Ohio. I would think it would be difficult to re-apply the state issue sticker because of the thin foil type material they are made of.
Old 06-28-2002, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah ,It's the state sticker . Lucky I put it on over the old one so I can peal them both off and hopefuly save the good one on top . Just add a little glue I hope .
Old 06-28-2002, 12:18 PM
Registered

You might not want ot switch registration stickers like that. I know that here in California and in Arizona they can run the stickers and see if they are on the correct boat. If they are not they will ticket you.

As far as getting the stickers off...I have used soapy water and a very sharp razor blade. If you are careful you can get the sticker off very easy and not harm the gelcoat.