Notices

How many have kids

Old 05-10-2012, 07:57 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a 10, 8 and TWO 5 year olds. they love it. they enjoy cruising around and go up in the cabin and hang out and bounce around. they also love the beach - HIGHLY RECOMEND A PORTA POT
Old 05-10-2012, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Ours are now 22 and 25 and are doing their own things but when they were teens they brought friends along, made ALL the difference. We got them a BIG tube, some inflatable water toys with a power inflater that plugs into the cig lighter and a boogie board to float around on when we were swimming, they had a lot of fun with those, hell I had a lot of fun with those.

Last edited by pullmytrigger; 05-10-2012 at 08:09 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:38 AM
Registered

Three girls, 8, 13, 15 as they get older so does their activities on the boat. Before it was tubing & kneeboarding, now it's a lil bit of that and more music, and laying out and bringing on friends. They HATE cruising and going fast! So funny, they are growing up in the wakeboard world of boating, I grew up in the offshore world. Couldn't ask for more polarity! Hence why they want me to sell the Lavey!
Old 05-10-2012, 12:14 PM
Registered

My son is 6 and has been on the water since he was 1. He absolutely loves everything about it. The sound, the speed and the bikini's. I started him driving the boat at idle last summer, and by the end of summer he was pulling the boat up to the raft up to tie up. That's a huge help when it's just he and I. He's a true River Rat.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

key is to bring a friend and maybe invest in tubes or other things. For teens going out riding in a boat with their parents then parking can get boring.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 311 Likes on 183 Posts

I've got a 4 month old and a 2 year old. Haven't taken the 4 year old out yet, but the 2 year old was on the water at 6 months. Generally the 2 year old doesn't care for cruising or going fast yet. On the sea ray she wants to run around the cockpit and hates being held so that she doesn't. Not a problem on the go-fast because there is so much freeboard and a cabin to play in. This year I'm going to have her stand up in the passenger seat with mom holding her from behind so she can see out and hopefully enjoy it more. She really likes to play on the beach and in the water with other kids. Mother in law also has a houseboat they love playing on. Again, she likes it because she can run around while underway. Mom likes it because she doesn't have to hold on to her. Dad likes it because they can take a nap with AC on. Sometimes we will just sit in the slip and fish. We bring some toys for her and she helps her daddy work on the boat.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:09 PM
Registered

I think it is more about how long the kids have been around boats and water.

Boats and water are a big part of the lives of many on this site; the kids (and parents) have developed habits accordingly.
The "holiday warriors" / "fair weather boaters" are often the ones that are bored because it is not their normal lifestyle thus less interested.

My 3 year old goes swimming weekly, year round at the community indoor pool. She is always asking "Is today Thursday?" (our usual swim night)
The past two summers it is common for her to float for 2-3 hours with us. Now, getting more mobile, I expect a few more bumps and bruises (and we have to watch more) as she climbs around the boats.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 826 Likes on 386 Posts

I am worried that this year could be a problem for me.

Last year was easy - he was born June 14 so he was an infant - we just snapped him in his car seat and let it rip. You could anchor out all day and all he needed was a bottle and some shade.

This year will be tougher with him walking - I think this year will be the problem year since he won't want to just hang out, and yet is too young to swim/float around. He'll require some more attention than we are used to but he seems to like the water (did swim "lessons" this winter to get him used to the water). He'll just get bored hanging around in the cockpit/cabin - and yet I would worry with him spending too much time in the sun floating around with me while I walk around to different boats.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:47 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My boy is 11 now, he is a true boater and loves being out,for the late night tie ups sometimes he does get a little bored, that's where the ds come in LOL, but you know what he never got bored until the DS came into the picture he just uses it as a excuse to play, as far as entertaining if you have kids between 5 and the grown ups, buy the big squirt guns, there a blast, also come in handy for deck washing, etc, the best is to get your kids with a pump full of cooler water
disclaimer don't shoot in the face!!!!!!

Seafordguy you are absoulutly wright this will be the hard year, maybe next too after that its pie, unless you keep making babies!!!!

The thing i find the hardest is trying to ground him for doing something stupid but we have a weekend full of boating planned
Old 05-10-2012, 03:34 PM
Registered

The biggest reason we chose to bring our girls from babies, was simply when they get old enough to run around with friends, we want them to WANT to come to the lake with us and bring the friends, that way we know where they are and what they are doing......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.