Notices

How many have kids

Old 05-10-2012, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 311 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by the bear
The biggest reason we chose to bring our girls from babies, was simply when they get old enough to run around with friends, we want them to WANT to come to the lake with us and bring the friends, that way we know where they are and what they are doing......
Wishfull thinking. My parents bought the lakehouse when I was 16. They let us bring whoever we wanted. We would throw mad parties friday night, clean house, then take off to the lake saturday morning. Most saturday night's at the lake we'd have campfires and shoot off fireworks all night until the sun rose. Other nights we'd take the boat and get chit faced at the marina bar/club then drive home by boat.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2 yr old son loves going fast or slow. Normally falls asleep in moms lap & we cruise around for 1/2 hr to have a happykid all day. Bought a big 2 slot tube this year & loves climbing in & out of it. a few float toys help out too
Old 05-11-2012, 05:16 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

I've never seen a kid who didn't like to boat. Never a dog that didn't like to boat. The best family activity there is. Makes every penny I've spent worth it.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:43 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SkiDoc
I've never seen a kid who didn't like to boat. Never a dog that didn't like to boat. The best family activity there is. Makes every penny I've spent worth it.
Really this is a true statement, think about how many people you know that there family is going in five differant directions, we only go to one the water...
Old 05-11-2012, 12:39 PM
Registered

Great thread. I've got my first on the way in 2 weeks and thought about sitting out this season. Me thinks I will reconsider...
Old 05-12-2012, 08:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tjags
Great thread. I've got my first on the way in 2 weeks and thought about sitting out this season. Me thinks I will reconsider...
I know people go out within days and prob ok for just non-planing motoring.
We waited until the little one had enough neck strength for head control. Not really that hard for us since she was born late March but out by Memorial for sure. Cant find any pics before Aug but I know we had some Go for it!
The first year is actually easier than the next couple since they are not really mobile and just stay in the carrier or get passed around.
Watch the sun and heat but there is no reason to waste a season.

Last edited by ChargeIt; 05-12-2012 at 08:39 AM.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:21 AM
Registered

I've had my son on the boat since he was an infant he is now 6. My parents did the same for my bro and I on their cruiser. My son loves all the activities involved around boating. He watches poker run vids and knows how to find boat vids on YouTube. He is crazy about Outerlimits, he was on Enough 4 Plays 42 Outerlimits at over 100. Gary bribed him with a ride so he would behave while we were at the yacht club for lunch.
My son loves to go to the beach and we make sure to bring a assortment of toys for him when we go. I going to teach him to drive this year.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:04 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

My son is now 5. He was born in January and I had him on the water in May or June I think it was. Just had a daughter 3 days ago and plan to haver her out as soon as I have the boat ready. My wife wants to get a pontoon next trip up to Maine, so we will see about that. My 5 year old likes the Donzi best because he can drive it and see over the dash so easily. He can now drive it out the river, plane it off, couple laps around the lake and back into the river and I ussually don't have to touch the wheel at all. Just use your head and it is all good when they are young. No bouncing in waves...... I plane the Formula off but put the tabs in a bit and I can run about 30 or so with a very smooth ride. Also when they are young and do not have the neck muscles keep them in the back seat it is a LOT smoother ride. Get an anchor shade to keep the sun off them. Keep them hydrated!!!! Start with shorter trips and work up from there. I love having my son out with me it is a blast, and I expect the same with my daughter.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:59 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 826 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by tjags
Don't even consider sitting out the season - Grip it and rip it. Ours was out in the Chesapeake Bay at a couple days old. I've never seen a kid sleep so well!!! When he wasn't sleeping he was happy as hell.

Like I mentioned further up, I think this year will be harder than LAST year.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by seafordguy
Don't even consider sitting out the season - Grip it and rip it. Ours was out in the Chesapeake Bay at a couple days old. I've never seen a kid sleep so well!!! When he wasn't sleeping he was happy as hell.

Like I mentioned further up, I think this year will be harder than LAST year.
No worries you will be fine. My son has been helping me wipe the boat down since he was 4.