Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Bruce let me down - BIG TIME >

Bruce let me down - BIG TIME

Notices

Bruce let me down - BIG TIME

Old 07-01-2002, 10:17 PM
kook

Red face Let's hear it Bruce!

OK Bruce - you told me your story on the phone - now you can tell everyone else - still doesn't add-up in my mind.

Are you man enough to tell everyone (like you told me) that you are not going to honor this:

Late Fee Letter of Intent

?????? Do you agree that it was you who sent this letter to me?

You can tell everyone about all the hours you have in the boat, the fact that you provided me with very reasonable prices on the components (hell, why not even state the exact amount that you charged me for the items - those in the business would know better than I would, if these prices were "at cost", or "normal" - I really don't know).......... But it comes down to truth, honor, dignity. By dishonoring the above letter, you show none of these qualities.

If you arrive as (now) planned on the 3rd, that would be 26 days late. 26x$300/day=$7800 (wow - I just calculated that for the first time - that's a lot of dough).

You want $3000 for the exhaust? Fine, take $3000 of that tab. What's this? You say you did all the labor for nothing? Tell you what I'm gonna do - I'll give you $4800 for your "free" labor - that would square us even - neither party owes anything. But wait......this is not acceptable to you?

Your "deal" back in January was to do the labor for nothing - to "branch out your business to areas on the east coast such as the Bay". Yes, I added two (2) major (labor) items to the job since we struck up our "deal" - K-plane install and the helm unit install. By offering $4800 for the labor for this, your travel expenses, your race fuel, whatever, I feel I am being quite reasonable under the circumstances.

-Mark

Old 07-01-2002, 10:52 PM
kook

Here is what I paid for materials (I DO keep this all documented):

Motor: $10,500 (572 CID N/A, 675 hp) - did you have other offers on it?? At the time, you had 2 of these in your shop and they needed moving - so I got a good deal - good for me.

IMCO SC, 1.34:1, big prop shaft: $8500
IMCO hydraulic tie-in: $2000
IMCO helm unit: $1285
Trim/drive units, actuators, cables, etc: $410
Fuel delivery system mods: $200
Wiring harness for non F.I. motor: $260
Oil t-stat, braided lines, etc : $400 (I thought this was included with the motor???)

There are a few smaller items which I will spare everyone the boredome of reading.

What I have not paid for:

CMI Platinum series headers with custom bent tailpipes: $2850
New battery: $50

(BTW, do you recall the times I asked you to please put a charge on the battery over the winter?) That boat was NEW in July of 2000. Never had any probs with the battery.

I have one year's (pre-tax) salary into that boat - that's almost half of what I have in my house. It's July. You had the boat since January. I would normally get out in early May. My boat payment is about $500/month. My insurance is now $1400/year. I too could go on about the "unseen" costs of doing business.

Old 07-01-2002, 11:33 PM
MIdnightRider

My friend Pocket Change would better refer you to the Michigan boaters weekend calculator, it goes as follows:

12 months @ $500.00 = $6000.00

Insurance for year = $1400.00

Total = $7400.00

Actual weekends used = 18 (maybe)

Divided out = $ 411.00/weekend

Not including storage/ or other expenses.

THIS IS REALITY IN A SEASONAL AREA, YOU EITHER CAN AFFORD IT, OR YOU CAN'T, BUT YOU DO NOT NEED ANY OUTSIDE CIRCUMSTANCES F@#CKIN' IT FOR YOU WORSE THAN IT ALREADY IS; ie WEATHER, WEDDINGS, AND FAMILY!!!! MIdnight

Old 07-02-2002, 12:07 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

I can't believe people pull this kind of crap on others. Especially customers who spend THOUSANDS so that they may enjoy their boat. It seems that there are those who take for granted that people spend THOUSANDS of dollars and the entrusted party doing the work take it for granted----like the customer's money just happens to grow on trees or something. That's A LOT of SMACK to be laying down! And then when it's done they act like they just did you a big favor. People have budgets---and money (believe it or not) doesn't happen to grow on trees for most. And then you get left empty handed on a promise date. What really gets me is that many times the party doing the work seems to turn things around to make the customer look like the bad guy! There is no excuse for this kind of behavior----I'd be fighting mad!

I prefer to do business with those that are in close proximity of where I live if possible----close enough that I can go knock on their door when I feel like it and check up on my boat or whatever it is that they have of mine---especially when I am entrusting them with THOUSANDS of my hard earned $$$
Old 07-02-2002, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kook
I hope your right about Bruce showing up on the 3rd. I would not chance it. Why do you think it is going to happen on the 3rd? Go get the boat.

Sorry, I don't mean to be *****in!
Old 07-02-2002, 08:12 AM
Registered

Default Screwed?

Kook
I was taught as a kid that anybody can get screwed at least once by anyone... but if you go back for the second time..then its your fault!!
quit your *****in, go get your boat, take what ever actions that you may and lets get out and enjoy what is left of this year of boating!! otherwise, we will still be chewing this over next year!!
What ever the reason he has it still isn't good enough, commucication that is the key word, and he for one reason or another isn't in to it. if I ran my business like he is, I would be out of business!!
You are only as good as your word!!
This is a thing that we Italians live by, just wish others also believed in it!!
Moderators put their pants on just like you do, so they like other people can be F-ccked-up!!
Just my nickles worth.

eliminator219
Old 07-02-2002, 08:37 AM
Registered

all you guys sticking up for bruce or defending him are not the ones sitting at the ramp watching everone else going out while your money/boat are tied-up in a big bull**** story--in business (good that is) there is no place for lying/deception
Old 07-02-2002, 08:58 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Oh, you are wrong.
Old 07-02-2002, 09:44 AM
Registered

Cord????
Old 07-02-2002, 10:24 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I would be interested in reading what Cord has to say about this he has been around since day one and usally doesnt speak unless he is correct and is usually very accurate . Bruce is a very knowledgable man also right or wrong i am not defending Bruce but man its time to get in your truck and pick up your stuff and get on with it every body knows Bruce is going thru some **** it isnt going to do any good to beat him up daily get your **** and deal with how ever you choose just my 0.2 Mitch

Quick Reply: Bruce let me down - BIG TIME

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.