Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone famliliar with the Skater "American Missile" on Long Island? >

Anyone famliliar with the Skater "American Missile" on Long Island?

Notices

Anyone famliliar with the Skater "American Missile" on Long Island?

Old 07-01-2002, 01:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow, those look pretty deep. You better get a really good glass guy for that repair. Sorry bro!
Old 07-01-2002, 02:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By the looks of those pics, he knew he scraped your boat! He is tryin' to get away with something here!
Old 07-01-2002, 02:36 PM
Charter Member #996
Charter Member

BajaBoss 252,

Yikes, that sucks! We tried to get into Claudios yesterday afternoon as well (about 1:30 pm). We gave up due to the docking scenario. We thought our boat would get too banged up so we went on to Sag Harbor.

We saw that Skater you spoke of tied up on the outside, but know one on our boat knew who he/she was, sorry.

As for repair, have you tried Chris or Todd over at Ocean Performance? I'm not sure as to the distance from where you live. Good luck!
Old 07-01-2002, 03:11 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 874 Likes on 323 Posts

ttt
Maybe somebody can get you the hull registration and you can go through the water cops. Did you have any witnesses? Bob Mills at New England Fiberglass is located in Norwalk, CT. You might want to give him a call or send him the pics. He is very busy, but has helped me from time to time.
Old 07-01-2002, 07:19 PM
Registered

Indy,

Do you have his number or email address?

Ted
Old 07-01-2002, 08:18 PM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

Man, bum deal, so what happened.
Not trying to be a d1ck but if a boat hit mine I would have checked it close or at least got his numbers and tag.

I will take this as a lesson to look even closer when I get bumped.
Good luck.
Bryan
Old 07-01-2002, 10:01 PM
Registered

OK, here's how it went. I was sitting at one side of the restaurant. My boat was at the other side. I was waiting for my friend come back from the bar when I saw this Skater pull by. It was a very impressive boat. I wanted my friend to see it so I waited till he got back and we went over to look at it. I was standing shoulder to shoulder with the owner of the boat on the dock. At that time a Stingray was pulling in to the channel. He wanted to dock up at the restaurant. Being a former Stingray owner myself and an all around helpful boater, I offered to grab a line and help him dock. We got him tied up and started talking, as he was also from CT, you know the usual " where did you launch from" kinda stuff.

I said to the guy while we were talking, "did you see that Skater at the end of the dock, man that is a nice boat" He said "yeah, but you should have seen him try to dock it, he was trying to turn around in the channel and the wind caught him him and he bounced off like 3 boats". I said, "oh that sucks" and thought nothing about the fact that my boat was in the same channel this guy was turning around in.

I never got that guys name or the boat numbers of the Skater.

When I got home, my buddy said to me "dude, someone hit your boat" and I was like "no way" then I looked and saw the damage.

After about an hour I put 2 and 2 together and figured the guy in the Skater must have hit my boat while he was trying to turn around and the guy in the Stingray didn't realize that my boat was one of the ones he hit or he didn't see the damage.

So I am left hoping that I find this guy and he fesses up to hitting my boat. Otherwise I will have to claim it on my own insurance and pay the $5OO deductible and mayube have my rates go up.

This is where I stand at the moment. I haven't called my own insurance company yet because I would like to find this guy first and get his side of the story.

hopefully, someone that can afford a half a million dollar boat would be kind enough to admit that he screwed up.

Hope this clears everything up...

Ted
Old 07-01-2002, 10:25 PM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

Maybe he is local? In your shoes on one afternoon I would maybe cruise some local shops?
Surf some Skater web sites? You might see it?
You never know!

I wish ya well, I know **** happens and I hear ya on the insurance part.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Bryan