Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone have any info on this boat/hull? Possible older Don Aaron hull. >

Anyone have any info on this boat/hull? Possible older Don Aaron hull.

Notices

Anyone have any info on this boat/hull? Possible older Don Aaron hull.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That boat is based on a Aronow/Schoell design, the 24x7ft hull. The boat in the add looks stretched from the 24x7ft.

My guess it's a 25 Panther.

Maybe some of the oldies here like Brownie will fill in.

Mange
Old 05-30-2012, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Have been on the hunt for some time now and while this is not my first choice at all, it is one that at least has my interest for some odd reason.

Does anyone know anything about these boats though. Thanks in advance.

BTW the tow rig is great lol.

Here is the ad.

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/boa/2988831788.html

Description for those that don't want to click the link.

26' Cigarette Race Boat "Martini, Excalibur, Scarab, Donzi, Fountain - $22999 (Saint Petersburg 33708)

This powerboat is called a Martini 7 meter which is a Don Aaron Hull who built the original cigarette boats. The hull is exactly the same as the Cigarette race boats. The boat was originally custom built for a Yacht Builder in Sarasota. Ray Hankey from Force 10 boats was the engine builder for this boat estimated around 600hp. It is approx. 27' with the swim platform. Hull is in excellent shape. These boats are made for speed and cutting through the waves. They were also well know for being used as tow boats as well as racing boats. All interior is very good. Cabin is unfinished. Has a Built Big Block Chevy Engine. This boat runs mid 70's with a boat load. We have had as many as 12 people in this boat at once. Have owned the boat for about 10 years or so. Starts right up and runs excellent. Plenty of engine bay room and more seating area than any other boats in this category. Trailer was purchased when we bought the boat and we just redid the springs. Only selling because we no longer get much use out of the boat so we are thinking of just buying a small speedboat. Asking $22999obo
Nice looking boat, or at least it was a nice looking boat way back when those pictures were taken with $2.19 a gallon gas...
Old 05-31-2012, 06:43 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a bad looking boat, get the hull ID #'s to see what it really is, but could be a Martini(Corsa). Definitely not worth the asking price.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:02 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have identical boat martini titled cigarette 454 330hp trs on alum float on trailer will take 12000. bob 301 529 6371