Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fu%$#@? kids drag racing up and down my street!!!! >

Fu%$#@? kids drag racing up and down my street!!!!

Notices

Fu%$#@? kids drag racing up and down my street!!!!

Old 07-02-2002, 10:22 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fu%$#@? kids drag racing up and down my street!!!!

It's the Fast and the Furious around here lately. I live on a 25 mph street with a big park directly across from me. City did a lot of improvements on it last year. One of which is a nice new basketball court. Lots of "kids" - aka young adults play there nearly every night. Well, these are the kids with the snotty sounding Hondas and such for cars. I have called the cops 3 times in the last 3 weeks, and have yet to see a patrol car come by here. There are a TON of little kids on my street (just the three houses around me have 5 kids). These punks drag race here all the time.....some one IS gonna get hurt. I'm just waiting for the day when I have to call 911 for an ambuulance instead of a patrol car. Then mayby the city will partol this area at dusk a little more.

Sorry just had to rant for a minute. Not mad at the police, they can't be everyewhre at the same time, but this is a growing problem here and I want it to stop. Thanks for listening.
Old 07-02-2002, 10:30 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Patrol car stopped by my house just now. He was pretty cool. Want's to know EVERY time this happens. Assured me that they will put an end to it. Soon.
Old 07-02-2002, 10:37 PM
Registered

Waterfoul,
That’s not Drag Racing or Street Racing. Respectable Drag Racers go to the track. Street Racers try to stay as far away from civilization as possible to get as many races in before they are shagged out. The last thing they want is someone getting hurt. What you are describing is a bunch of punk kids being stupid. If the Cops don't help you go to the elected officials. You will see lots of police cars then.

It's a shame that a few are going to ruin things for the rest of the cruisers.
Dan
Old 07-02-2002, 10:41 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sounds like you got what you asked for mike
I to have not had good luck with the locals doing what us tax paying citizens ask for Neighbors have some seriously major barking dogs that they never answer calls about.

glad you found a reliable occifer to help out.

The other thing you can do is go and buy a high power r/c nitro car, get to know it and tune it high and out run them
I got into r/c nitro this past fall and I tell you what, its a blast
Just bought my second one. so much for props
Old 07-02-2002, 10:42 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

You are absolutely correct Candyman. Punk kids. Seems I am not the only one complaining either. He was stopped at the other end of the street also.
Old 07-02-2002, 10:49 PM
Makino

It is a shame these kids are giving drag racing a bad name. Candyman is right, what they are doing is not drag racing. These kids are annoying. They need to find a race track. And as far as the movie TF&TF goes, it was mildly amusing, and a total crock. These kids figure they have a Honda or Acura like in the movie, so they have a 10 second race car. They need to go to a drag strip and learn what it takes to have that kind of performance.

I understand your frustrations. I hope thing calm down on your streets, and no one gets hurt...

Good Luck...

Old 07-03-2002, 01:31 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,993 Likes on 995 Posts

Foul, Lets just say I've been on all sides of the fence on this issue. Knowing what I know now, I know the cops aren't going to be able to be there when you need them a lot of the time.

One suggestion I might make is to turn on your sprinkler so its going into the street about the time the little SOB's are getting ready to go home. Punks with shiny rice rockets don't want to get them wet & dirty and can't get any traction. Also, maybe get some of the neighbors to do the same.
Old 07-03-2002, 08:56 AM
dloftis

Hey waterfoul:

If you have a videocamera, tape the action and try to get license plate numbers. The cops might show up too late to do anything after you call, but your video might help them... especially if the driver is identifiable in the video.

Old 07-03-2002, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the idea of hosin them down like a couple humpin dogs. go get em mike.

Then get on the water. the boat is fixed... why are you home
Old 07-03-2002, 09:24 AM
Registered

Rusty chain, tied tree to tree accross the street...that'll crunch some rice!! Make sure it's about a foot and a half above the street!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.